alpha status?

m brandenberg
I'm thinking of firing up a ds10l and/or multia and wondered about
the current state of "the alpha bug."  Still present under all
EVs and scsi or ide?

--
Monty Brandenberg, Software Consultant                             MCB, Inc.
[hidden email]                                             P.O. Box 426188
617.864.6907

Re: alpha status?

Miod Vallat
> I'm thinking of firing up a ds10l and/or multia and wondered about
> the current state of "the alpha bug."  Still present under all
> EVs and scsi or ide?

This bug has been fixed last april.

Miod

Re: alpha status?

Khalid Schofield-2
I had pretty much no luck with 4.2 and my DS10. It kept crashing
reporting IRQ errors. I even tried removing the graphics card and
using the serial console. It still crashed so I gave up and moved
onto my Sun Blade 100.

I've never had much luck with the alpha's and OpenBSD to be honest.
The XP1000 would have random network lockups after a few days or
running.

I'm sure there will be some stability breakthroughs soon so don't
give up on the port.

On 20 Nov 2007, at 05:25, Miod Vallat wrote:

>> I'm thinking of firing up a ds10l and/or multia and wondered about
>> the current state of "the alpha bug."  Still present under all
>> EVs and scsi or ide?
>
> This bug has been fixed last april.
>
> Miod

################################
Khalid Schofield,
Computing Officer,
Department Of Materials,
University Of Oxford,
Parks Road,
Oxford.
OX1 3PH

Tel:      (+44) 01865 273728
Email: [hidden email]

Re: alpha status?

Martin Reindl-3
Khalid Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had pretty much no luck with 4.2 and my DS10. It kept crashing
> reporting IRQ errors. I even tried removing the graphics card and
> using the serial console. It still crashed so I gave up and moved
> onto my Sun Blade 100.
>
> I've never had much luck with the alpha's and OpenBSD to be honest.
> The XP1000 would have random network lockups after a few days or
> running.
>
> I'm sure there will be some stability breakthroughs soon so don't
> give up on the port.

You need to give detailed bug reports, or there will never be progress.
That said, I'm running a DS10 without major problems.

Re: alpha status?

Khalid Schofield-2
I remember sending core files, dmesg output and kernel info to the list
ages ago.

*************************************
This email has been sent to you.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Martin Reindl wrote:

> Khalid Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I had pretty much no luck with 4.2 and my DS10. It kept crashing
>> reporting IRQ errors. I even tried removing the graphics card and
>> using the serial console. It still crashed so I gave up and moved
>> onto my Sun Blade 100.
>>
>> I've never had much luck with the alpha's and OpenBSD to be honest.
>> The XP1000 would have random network lockups after a few days or
>> running.
>>
>> I'm sure there will be some stability breakthroughs soon so don't
>> give up on the port.
>
> You need to give detailed bug reports, or there will never be progress.
> That said, I'm running a DS10 without major problems.

Re: alpha status?

Khalid Schofield-2
Neh it was the xp1000on 3.8 ages ago.

Do you work on on cactai?

On 20 Nov 2007, at 18:59, Martin Reindl wrote:

> Khalid Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I remember sending core files, dmesg output and kernel info to the
>> list
>> ages ago.
>
> Funny, because 4.2 was only released 3 weeks ago.
>
> I can only find your XP1000 network lockup in the archives. Running dc
> (4) is prefered over running de(4) these days (boot -fl c, disable de
> and also check config(8)).
>
> You should consider posting a _detailed_ bug report (yes, including
> exact error messages) about your 4.2 DS10 problem. There is only a
> 'Booted fine and installing over ftp' from you in the archives ...

Re: alpha status?

Emmanuel Ravion
I also have a lot of problem with AS 200 and integrated net card. OBSD
crash during all "big" transfert.
I use a card in PCI port to solve the problem.

Le 20 nov. 07 ` 08:30, Khalid Schofield a icrit :