add altitude & speed sensor types

Landry Breuil-5
Hi,

complementary to the previous diff, adds altitude sensor type (in
meters) and speed (in m/s, as it seems that's the common denominator and
most accepted unit, even if it doesnt 'mean' anything to humans...)
i still have to ponder about the decimals & intervals..

builds, not used yet.

Landry

sensors_altitude_speed.diff (3K) Download Attachment

Re: add altitude & speed sensor types

Landry Breuil-5
On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 05:27:03PM +0100, Landry Breuil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> complementary to the previous diff, adds altitude sensor type (in
> meters) and speed (in m/s, as it seems that's the common denominator and
> most accepted unit, even if it doesnt 'mean' anything to humans...)
> i still have to ponder about the decimals & intervals..

New diff after feedback from kettenis@, this one:
- adds SENSOR_VELOCITY, internal unit um/s, display unit m/s
- changes SENSOR_DISTANCE to display as meters, i kept 5 decimals

I think my math should be good, but more eyes are always welcome :)

Landry

sensors_velocity_fix_distance.diff (5K) Download Attachment

Re: add altitude & speed sensor types

Mark Kettenis
> Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 20:09:32 +0100
> From: Landry Breuil <[hidden email]>
>
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 05:27:03PM +0100, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > complementary to the previous diff, adds altitude sensor type (in
> > meters) and speed (in m/s, as it seems that's the common denominator and
> > most accepted unit, even if it doesnt 'mean' anything to humans...)
> > i still have to ponder about the decimals & intervals..
>
> New diff after feedback from kettenis@, this one:
> - adds SENSOR_VELOCITY, internal unit um/s, display unit m/s
> - changes SENSOR_DISTANCE to display as meters, i kept 5 decimals

That's a strange number.  3 decimals would be more reasonable I'd say.

Looks reasonable, but I'm not sure about the snmpd stuff.

On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 08:40:33PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 20:09:32 +0100
> > From: Landry Breuil <[hidden email]>
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 05:27:03PM +0100, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > complementary to the previous diff, adds altitude sensor type (in
> > > meters) and speed (in m/s, as it seems that's the common denominator and
> > > most accepted unit, even if it doesnt 'mean' anything to humans...)
> > > i still have to ponder about the decimals & intervals..
> >
> > New diff after feedback from kettenis@, this one:
> > - adds SENSOR_VELOCITY, internal unit um/s, display unit m/s
> > - changes SENSOR_DISTANCE to display as meters, i kept 5 decimals
>
> That's a strange number.  3 decimals would be more reasonable I'd say.

Well that was only in case there's a proximity sensor with
sub-millimeter precision... but 3 is fine for me too.