accounting information

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

accounting information

Friedrich Locke
Hi folks,

Does anybody here know what user are those numeric presented by "sa" command?

lion# sa -m usracct
sa: short read of accounting data in usracct
root           439         0.04cpu          157tio           4k*sec
_rusersd         1         0.00cpu            0tio           0k*sec
sioux           14         0.00cpu           45tio           0k*sec
25600            1        15.47cpu            0tio           0k*sec
256000           1         0.01cpu            0tio           0k*sec
4294967295       406 3632383044.27cpu 108971491328tio    26607210k*sec


Which users are those 25600, 256000 and 4294967295 ?

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: accounting information

Philip Guenther-2
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Friedrich Locke
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anybody here know what user are those numeric presented by "sa"
command?

>
> lion# sa -m usracct
> sa: short read of accounting data in usracct
> root           439         0.04cpu          157tio           4k*sec
> _rusersd         1         0.00cpu            0tio           0k*sec
> sioux           14         0.00cpu           45tio           0k*sec
> 25600            1        15.47cpu            0tio           0k*sec
> 256000           1         0.01cpu            0tio           0k*sec
> 4294967295       406 3632383044.27cpu 108971491328tio    26607210k*sec
>
>
> Which users are those 25600, 256000 and 4294967295 ?

Corrupt file.  See that 'short read' warning message?  That means the
file that ostensibly was some number of 'struct acct' records was not
an even multiple of the size of that structure.  Something corrupted
it and as a result interpreting the entries after the point of
corruption gives bogus results.


Philip Guenther

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: accounting information

Friedrich Locke
How was it corrupted ?
I cannot think of anybody done it? I am the only one with access to
this machine?
Is acct buggy?
How may fix it?

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Philip Guenther <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Friedrich Locke
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anybody here know what user are those numeric presented by "sa"
command?

>>
>> lion# sa -m usracct
>> sa: short read of accounting data in usracct
>> root           439         0.04cpu          157tio           4k*sec
>> _rusersd         1         0.00cpu            0tio           0k*sec
>> sioux           14         0.00cpu           45tio           0k*sec
>> 25600            1        15.47cpu            0tio           0k*sec
>> 256000           1         0.01cpu            0tio           0k*sec
>> 4294967295       406 3632383044.27cpu 108971491328tio    26607210k*sec
>>
>>
>> Which users are those 25600, 256000 and 4294967295 ?
>
> Corrupt file.  See that 'short read' warning message?  That means the
> file that ostensibly was some number of 'struct acct' records was not
> an even multiple of the size of that structure.  Something corrupted
> it and as a result interpreting the entries after the point of
> corruption gives bogus results.
>
>
> Philip Guenther

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: accounting information

LeviaComm Networks NOC
On 6/4/2011 5:35 PM, Friedrich Locke wrote:
> How was it corrupted ?
Bad memory, broken application, or any number of other things.
> I cannot think of anybody done it? I am the only one with access to
> this machine?
> Is acct buggy?
> How may fix it?
>
Run a memory test on the system, if that checks clean, try to reproduce
on another system, if that fails send a full dmesg and output of
pkg_info to the list.  Come to think of it, please send a dmesg anyway.