Zurich OpenBSD

Karel Kulhavy
Hi

I saw someone at Zurich Central with an OpenBSD t-shirt 2 days ago, I wonder
if he's subscribed to this list. I should have stopped him ;-)

CL<

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Claudio Jeker
On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 08:56:34AM +0200, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I saw someone at Zurich Central with an OpenBSD t-shirt 2 days ago, I wonder
> if he's subscribed to this list. I should have stopped him ;-)

Most probably it was me.

:wq Claudio

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Anton Karpov-2
> Most probably it was me.
>
> --
> :wq Claudio

People who don't know each other but wears PUFFY, should salute each other.
"It's an OpenBSD thing. You wouldn't understand" ;-)

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Peter N. M. Hansteen-3
"Anton Karpov" <[hidden email]> writes:

> People who don't know each other but wears PUFFY, should salute each other.
> "It's an OpenBSD thing. You wouldn't understand" ;-)

obviously the salute would need to be clearly specified or at least
set to sensible defaults (for Monty Python values of)

My coffee had just run out, so no keyboard harmed.

http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Guido Tschakert
Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:

> "Anton Karpov" <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> People who don't know each other but wears PUFFY, should salute each other.
>> "It's an OpenBSD thing. You wouldn't understand" ;-)
>
> obviously the salute would need to be clearly specified or at least
> set to sensible defaults (for Monty Python values of)
>
> My coffee had just run out, so no keyboard harmed.

Just say "Humpaa" to everyone wearing an OpenBSD-Shirt or other signs of
lovely Puffy.

guido

-

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Timo Schoeler-2
thus Peter N. M. Hansteen spake:
> "Anton Karpov" <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> People who don't know each other but wears PUFFY, should salute each other.
>> "It's an OpenBSD thing. You wouldn't understand" ;-)
>
> obviously the salute would need to be clearly specified or at least
> set to sensible defaults (for Monty Python values of)

RFC, anyone? :)

> My coffee had just run out, so no keyboard harmed.

Timo

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Anton Karpov-2
> RFC, anyone? :)
>
> > My coffee had just run out, so no keyboard harmed.
>
> Timo

I like the idea of T-shirts and stickers "It's an OpenBSD thing. You
wouldn't understand" ;-)

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Jeroen Massar
Claudio Jeker wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 08:56:34AM +0200, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I saw someone at Zurich Central with an OpenBSD t-shirt 2 days ago, I
wonder
>> if he's subscribed to this list. I should have stopped him ;-)
>>

> Most probably it was me.

Or it could have been Paul de Weerd who also runs around those areas.
If the person was quite tall and looked like:
http://www.weirdnet.nl/images/paul.jpg then it was him.
It wasn't me as I am not on the continent, back there in October though.

Greets,
 Jeroen

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Paul de Weerd
On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 10:44:35AM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:
| Claudio Jeker wrote:
| > On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 08:56:34AM +0200, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
| >> Hi
| >>
| >> I saw someone at Zurich Central with an OpenBSD t-shirt 2 days ago, I
| wonder
| >> if he's subscribed to this list. I should have stopped him ;-)
| >>

| > Most probably it was me.
|
| Or it could have been Paul de Weerd who also runs around those areas.
| If the person was quite tall and looked like:
| http://www.weirdnet.nl/images/paul.jpg then it was him.
| It wasn't me as I am not on the continent, back there in October though.

2 days ago (on monday) I wasn't at Zuerich HB, so I doubt it was me ;)

(You can see me running around the city every now and then, tho')

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

PS: Hi, Jeroen ! ;)

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Edd Barrett
On 18/07/07, Guido Tschakert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just say "Humpaa" to everyone wearing an OpenBSD-Shirt or other signs of
> lovely Puffy.

Loving the humpaa salute!

I have actually never seen anyone in the UK wearing a bsd shirt apart
from my friends.Sometimes I wonder if I am the only british OpenBSD
user :p

(Apart from that troll a few months back)

Also we don't have any decent conferences :P

--
Best Regards

Edd

http://students.dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/ebarrett

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Serge Basterot-2
On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 10:45:56AM +0200, Guido Tschakert wrote:

> Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
> > "Anton Karpov" <[hidden email]> writes:
> >
> >> People who don't know each other but wears PUFFY, should salute each other.
> >> "It's an OpenBSD thing. You wouldn't understand" ;-)
> >
> > obviously the salute would need to be clearly specified or at least
> > set to sensible defaults (for Monty Python values of)
> >
> > My coffee had just run out, so no keyboard harmed.
> >

> Just say "Humpaa" to everyone wearing an OpenBSD-Shirt or other signs of
> lovely Puffy.

I think many people will say "humppa" very soon near Berlin at
Finowfurt in august with strange t-shirts... :)

Serge

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Konrad Merz-2
Humppa,

this all is a proof that OpenBSD is much more than a ordinary OS

2007/7/19, Serge Basterot <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 10:45:56AM +0200, Guido Tschakert wrote:
> > Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:

> > > obviously the salute would need to be clearly specified or at least
> > > set to sensible defaults (for Monty Python values of)
> > >
> > > My coffee had just run out, so no keyboard harmed.
> > >

> > Just say "Humpaa" to everyone wearing an OpenBSD-Shirt or other signs of
> > lovely Puffy.
>
> I think many people will say "humppa" very soon near Berlin at
> Finowfurt in august with strange t-shirts... :)

> Serge

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Seank
Edd Barrett wrote:

> On 18/07/07, Guido Tschakert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Just say "Humpaa" to everyone wearing an OpenBSD-Shirt or other signs of
>> lovely Puffy.
>
> Loving the humpaa salute!
>
> I have actually never seen anyone in the UK wearing a bsd shirt apart
> from my friends.Sometimes I wonder if I am the only british OpenBSD
> user :p
>
> (Apart from that troll a few months back)
>
> Also we don't have any decent conferences :P

Humpaa!

I'm from the UK but currently in Ireland. I know of one other OpenBSD
user here but never seen anyone else in a t-shirt.

Sean.

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

OpenBSD-9
Edd Barrett wrote:

> On 18/07/07, Guido Tschakert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Just say "Humpaa" to everyone wearing an OpenBSD-Shirt or other signs of
>> lovely Puffy.
>
> Loving the humpaa salute!
>
> I have actually never seen anyone in the UK wearing a bsd shirt apart
> from my friends.Sometimes I wonder if I am the only british OpenBSD
> user :p
>
> (Apart from that troll a few months back)
>
> Also we don't have any decent conferences :P

These aren't in Britain but how about:

http://2007.eurobsdcon.org/

in September or at the end of November:

http://www.opencon.org/

HTH

Fred
http://www.crowsons.com/puters/x41.htm

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Merv Hammer-4
Humpaa!

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 08:16:24AM +0100, The King of Norway wrote:

>I'm from the UK but currently in Ireland. I know of one other OpenBSD
>user here but never seen anyone else in a t-shirt.
>
>Sean.

I'm a British OpenBSD devotee who has been living out in various parts
of the Middle East for the last seven years.  Next Friday I am
relocating with my wife and kids to Gorey, County Wexford - and I'll be
bringing my t-shirts!

So then you'll know of two other OpenBSD users in Ireland :)

Had a poke around on the net for other OpenBSD users in Ireland myself
and drew a blank, except for http://ie.bsd.net which doesn't seem to
have seen much activity in a while.  Drop me a line if you fancy
discussing Puffy over a pint!

Merv.

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Timo Myyrä-2
Merv Hammer wrote:

> Humpaa!
>
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 08:16:24AM +0100, The King of Norway wrote:
>
>> I'm from the UK but currently in Ireland. I know of one other OpenBSD
>> user here but never seen anyone else in a t-shirt.
>>
>> Sean.
>
> I'm a British OpenBSD devotee who has been living out in various parts
> of the Middle East for the last seven years.  Next Friday I am
> relocating with my wife and kids to Gorey, County Wexford - and I'll be
> bringing my t-shirts!
>
> So then you'll know of two other OpenBSD users in Ireland :)
>
> Had a poke around on the net for other OpenBSD users in Ireland myself
> and drew a blank, except for http://ie.bsd.net which doesn't seem to
> have seen much activity in a while.  Drop me a line if you fancy
> discussing Puffy over a pint!
>
> Merv.

I'm currently in Ireland, Dublin to be precise but relocating back to
Finland in two weeks.

Heh, OpenBSD users should have a salute or some sort of secret handshake :)

Timo

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

michael enoma aghayere
On 19/07/07, Edd Barrett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 18/07/07, Guido Tschakert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just say "Humpaa" to everyone wearing an OpenBSD-Shirt or other signs of
> > lovely Puffy.
>
> Loving the humpaa salute!
>
> I have actually never seen anyone in the UK wearing a bsd shirt apart
> from my friends.Sometimes I wonder if I am the only british OpenBSD
> user :p

Here's another OpenBSD Brit.
And as it happens, i wore my Puffy t-shirt to work today.
But i'm not a fan of Humpaa. Sorry.

--
~michael
www.bsdqed.com

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Neil Hughes-3
Edd Barrett wrote:
> I have actually never seen anyone in the UK wearing a bsd shirt apart
> from my friends.Sometimes I wonder if I am the only british OpenBSD
> user :p

'nother one here in South Wales. OpenBSD newbie - still running 3.9 on
various boxes while I look for the justification (and time) to upgrade.

No shirt yet either.
Neil

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Karel Kulhavy
On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 01:27:28PM +0400, Anton Karpov wrote:

> > RFC, anyone? :)
> >
> > > My coffee had just run out, so no keyboard harmed.
> >
> > Timo
> >

> I like the idea of T-shirts and stickers "It's an OpenBSD thing. You
> wouldn't understand" ;-)

I have the big white Puffy sticker on my black snowboard. It looks quite cool
even without knowledge that it's about OpenBSD. So that all the people queing
for the lift and watching other peoples' boring Volcom, Burton and Santa Cruz
stickers know I am using OpenBSD ;-)

CL<

Re: Zurich OpenBSD

Steve Fairhead
>> Edd Barrett wrote:
> I have actually never seen anyone in the UK wearing a bsd shirt apart
> from my friends.Sometimes I wonder if I am the only british OpenBSD
> user :p

'nother one here in South Wales. <<

And another (Selsey, near Chichester).

Steve