Xresources file for xenodm

Mihai Popescu-3
Hello,

I am trying to modify some colors for login screen of xenodm. I saved
the original file and started with a new one and of course nothing
works from it.

Reading the manual, I cannot figure out some syntax.What is the
meaning of two of them:

xlogin*greetColor  versus xlogin.Login.greetColor ?

Thank you.

Re: Xresources file for xenodm

Robert Klein
Hi,

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 18:23:06 +0200
Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to modify some colors for login screen of xenodm. I saved
> the original file and started with a new one and of course nothing
> works from it.
>
> Reading the manual, I cannot figure out some syntax.What is the
> meaning of two of them:
>
> xlogin*greetColor  versus xlogin.Login.greetColor ?

the first one has a `*' wildcard which matches e.g. the second, but
also matches xlogin.Form.Login.greetColor (*if* that widget tree
exists...)

Best use the original file and modify it step by step.  For modifying
e.g. the xconsole resources, there are helpful tools, like editres and
appres (e.g. `appres XConsole').

Best regards
Robert

Re: Xresources file for xenodm

Karel Gardas
On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 18:23:06 +0200
Mihai Popescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to modify some colors for login screen of xenodm. I saved
> the original file and started with a new one and of course nothing
> works from it.
>
> Reading the manual, I cannot figure out some syntax.What is the
> meaning of two of them:

There are some nice blog posts about xenodm and changes to its config:

https://www.tumfatig.net/20190208/customizing-openbsd-xenodm/
https://www.romanzolotarev.com/openbsd/xenodm.html

sometimes starting with some examples makes journey easier...