XVR-600 now accelerated?

Laurence Rochfort
Hello,

The comment for rev 1.21 of the ifb driver states "Enable jfb-style
acceleration on XVR-600.". What exactly does that mean? Is 24bit 2D
hardware acceleration now available on the XVR-600?

http://openbsd.cs.toronto.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/arch/sparc64/dev/ifb.c?rev=1.21&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Many thanks,
Laurence.

Re: XVR-600 now accelerated?

Thiéry SAMPY
 > Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:45:42 +0100

> Subject: XVR-600 now accelerated?

> From: [hidden email]

> To: [hidden email]

> Hello,

> The comment for rev 1.21 of the ifb driver states "Enable jfb-style

> acceleration on XVR-600.". What exactly does that mean? Is 24bit 2D

> hardware acceleration now available on the XVR-600?

http://openbsd.cs.toronto.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/arch/sparc64/dev/ifb.c?r
ev=1.21&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

> Many thanks,

> Laurence.

It's a one year old comment, and I don't think Sun/Oracle published any
information or source code since.

So since there is still no public documentation for these chips, I would say
no.

Re: XVR-600 now accelerated?

Miod Vallat
> The comment for rev 1.21 of the ifb driver states "Enable jfb-style
> acceleration on XVR-600.". What exactly does that mean? Is 24bit 2D
> hardware acceleration now available on the XVR-600?

This means console mode will now scroll at a decent speed on these frame
buffers. X11 operation is still currently restricted to 7 bit dumb frame
buffer operation.