XFree86 on alpha as a work around for libpciaccess

XFree86 on alpha as a work around for libpciaccess

mel kravitz
Hi, (from the WIW dept.)
I just installed XFree86, on my 164LX running 4.6. The hack in
XC/programs..../bsd for alpha which i made back in
07 is all that is required, for XFree86-4.7 that had source code handy
to use from NetBSD -work on alpha BWX boxes.
I an using a Matrox G400 card in accelerated mode. The patch was
reported to XFree86 back in 07 (date from memory?).
I do not know if XFree86 current src will compile i have not tried it. I
configured the building of :
glint, mga, nv, ati, and radeon drivers. The patch is public knowledge,
search XFree86.
Best -Mel