X11 unknow problem

Philippe Ponceblanc
hello,
I encounter an unknown problem, very bizzard. I installed OpenBSD 6.2 on my
laptop i386 dual cores, I installed Gnome3 without error, then the demon
does not launch or are in irreversible errors it leaves the prompt "#" for
root and "$" for a normal user the operating system crash!
So I decided to install XFCE4 and ditto the bone crash after rebooting.
So I decide not to install windows manager and I run startx on a new
installation, ditto the operating system crash console display a prompt, ">"
with some command that does not work, I'm forced to turn off by the power
off button. the system, reboot and this time it tells me that sshd is
corpulent. I do not understand what happens on this laptop, I have an intel
video processor, FreeBSD 11.1 + Gnome3, works very well and debian 9.3, I'm
multiboot.
I have never encountered such an error. what should you think of it?

Regards
Philippe

Sent from: http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/openbsd-dev-x11-f211141.html

X11 unknow problem

Jan Lambertz
Hi Philippe,

i had a similar Problem with one of my devices and openbsd 6.2 release and could not solve it. Can you send dmesg and exact graphics Hardware Model ?

Jan

Re: X11 unknow problem

Raf Czlonka-2
On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 08:19:35PM GMT, Philippe Ponceblanc wrote:

> hello,
> I encounter an unknown problem, very bizzard. I installed OpenBSD 6.2 on my
> laptop i386 dual cores, I installed Gnome3 without error, then the demon
> does not launch or are in irreversible errors it leaves the prompt "#" for
> root and "$" for a normal user the operating system crash!
> So I decided to install XFCE4 and ditto the bone crash after rebooting.
> So I decide not to install windows manager and I run startx on a new
> installation, ditto the operating system crash console display a prompt, ">"
> with some command that does not work, I'm forced to turn off by the power
> off button. the system, reboot and this time it tells me that sshd is
> corpulent. I do not understand what happens on this laptop, I have an intel
> video processor, FreeBSD 11.1 + Gnome3, works very well and debian 9.3, I'm
> multiboot.
> I have never encountered such an error. what should you think of it?
>
> Regards
> Philippe

Hi Philippe,

I have to second Jan here - there's just not enough information and
the one given is hard to understand.

Please attach a dmesg and all the steps you had done since you had
installed OpenBSD on your system.

Regards,

Raf

Re: X11 unknow problem

Philippe Ponceblanc
Le dimanche 31 décembre 2017 à 10:29 +0000, Raf Czlonka a écrit :

> On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 08:19:35PM GMT, Philippe Ponceblanc wrote:
> > hello,
> > I encounter an unknown problem, very bizzard. I installed OpenBSD
> > 6.2 on my
> > laptop i386 dual cores, I installed Gnome3 without error, then the
> > demon
> > does not launch or are in irreversible errors it leaves the prompt
> > "#" for
> > root and "$" for a normal user the operating system crash!
> > So I decided to install XFCE4 and ditto the bone crash after
> > rebooting.
> > So I decide not to install windows manager and I run startx on a
> > new
> > installation, ditto the operating system crash console display a
> > prompt, ">"
> > with some command that does not work, I'm forced to turn off by the
> > power
> > off button. the system, reboot and this time it tells me that sshd
> > is
> > corpulent. I do not understand what happens on this laptop, I have
> > an intel
> > video processor, FreeBSD 11.1 + Gnome3, works very well and debian
> > 9.3, I'm
> > multiboot.
> > I have never encountered such an error. what should you think of
> > it?
> >
> > Regards
> > Philippe
>
> Hi Philippe,
>
> I have to second Jan here - there's just not enough information and
> the one given is hard to understand.
>
> Please attach a dmesg and all the steps you had done since you had
> installed OpenBSD on your system.
>
> Regards,
>
> Raf

Hi Raf,
i was helped by the daemon forums people, my hardware architecture is
in full 64 bit, so I installed OpenBSD 6.2 for AMD64, startx run well,
i tried Gnome3 but it was unstable, so i installed Xfce4 is since
everything works well.

>>> incident resolved

Regards
philippe