X1 Thinkpad Tablet Freeze on Boot

Charlie Burnett
First time actually submitting a bug so let me know if there's anything I
missed, or if this is the wrong way to submit it-
Trying to install OpenBSD on Thinkpad Tablet X1 Gen 3 currently. Every boot
gets hung on "entry point at 0x1001000". Can't get to dmesg or I'd try to
give more specifics. Have tried:
- Regular install via USB and install65.fs (both current and stable)
- Taking SSD out and installing via my already working OpenBSD machine
- Installing via CD
- Throwing a bsd.rd in an EFI partition and trying to boot it via GRUB
- Booting an external hard drive with working OpenBSD system on it
Any help would be welcome at this point- not a programmer by trade, but if
someone can direct me to at least how to debug it, I can try to put a
temporary fix together and send it to someone who knows what the hell
they're doing.

Re: X1 Thinkpad Tablet Freeze on Boot

Todd C. Miller-3
You probably need to make some changes to the bios settings, if you
haven't already done so.  Try disabling "secure boot" and enabling
"CSM Support" and see if that makes a difference.

Some of the info at https://jcs.org/2017/09/01/thinkpad_x1c may
also be applicable.

 - todd

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 14:02:22 -0000, Charlie Burnett wrote:

>  Ah- I'm just now seeing the note about the screen going black after the
> kernel loads into memory, and doing some more digging shows the same kind
> of issue when CSM isn't enabled. Unfortunately they had said that CSM
> wasn't supported with the tablet...
> https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Tablets/Unable-to-enable-CSM-in-BIOS/m-
> p/4472630
> Any ideas where to go from here? Either way I appreciate the advice. At
> least I know where to start looking!

Sorry, I don't know why UEFI booting on OpenBSD would require CSM.

 - todd