X in 7.2 and fontpaths

frantisek holop
hi there,

i am after a succesful upgrade to 4.2 and
i have read that this version normally is fine
without a xorg.conf file.  i have tried and it's dandy.

but how do i add font paths now?
or is there a standard /usr/local location for
added ttf fonts?

i have read /usr/X11/README but it kind of confuses me.
it does not talk about configuration file-less setups
and mentions 3.3.6 servers which i thought were removed
in this release...

-f
and the reset button lets you re-run autoexec.bat

Re: X in 7.2 and fontpaths

Matt Stafford
On Nov 8, 2007 2:46 PM, frantisek holop <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi there,
>
> i am after a succesful upgrade to 4.2 and
> i have read that this version normally is fine
> without a xorg.conf file.  i have tried and it's dandy.
>
> but how do i add font paths now?
> or is there a standard /usr/local location for
> added ttf fonts?

Check out this page: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/truetype.html

From what I understand...

For client-side fonts, the fontconfig system uses its own config
files, rather than the xorg.conf.

For server-side fonts, it looks like an 'xset fp' command in your
.xinitrc would do what you want.

Matt