WxWidgets warnings

David Lynch Jr.
    The wxwidgets version in packages for 4.2 is fairly old - wxwidgets
2.6.3 and it was apparently built using lots of the assorted string
functions that the OpenBSD gcc pisses and moans about. If I link most
anything to wxwidets  get a raft of warnings - making it hard to see if
there are any ne wproblems that I have introduced.

    I tried pulling the newer 2.8.6 version out of ports in the hope
that might be cleaner but it does not seem to build.

    Has anyone cleaned up wxwidgets or am I stuck trying to
ignore/filter all these warnings ?

Thanks

--
Dave Lynch      DLA Systems
Software Development:           Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein

Re: WxWidgets warnings

Ted Unangst-2
On 11/26/07, David H. Lynch Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:

>     The wxwidgets version in packages for 4.2 is fairly old - wxwidgets
> 2.6.3 and it was apparently built using lots of the assorted string
> functions that the OpenBSD gcc pisses and moans about. If I link most
> anything to wxwidets  get a raft of warnings - making it hard to see if
> there are any ne wproblems that I have introduced.
>
>     I tried pulling the newer 2.8.6 version out of ports in the hope
> that might be cleaner but it does not seem to build.
>
>     Has anyone cleaned up wxwidgets or am I stuck trying to
> ignore/filter all these warnings ?

if the port doesn't contain patches to fix the warnings, there's no
way to avoid them.  they are incentive for the next guy to make the
patches. :)