Writing USB Modem kernel driver

Maciej Piechotka
I'm sorry to write here but I've tried on misc and irc but I didn't
found what I wanted. From the description it seems to be correct group
but I apologise if not.

I'm tring to write a driver for speedtouch 330 (lack of which stops me
from using OpenBSD). However I'm afraid I'm not fully understend the
OBSD drivers. I've tried to look on sys/kernel/dev/usb/ueagle.c but some
calles to usb subsystem seems to be cryptic (for someone who don't know
logic behind).

Is there any documentation of the Kernel Programming (I'm especially
interested in USB and Networking)? I've found very little on google.

Best regards
--
I've probably left my head... somewhere. Please wait untill I find it.
Homepage (pl_PL): http://uzytkownik.jogger.pl/
(GNU/)Linux User: #425935 (see http://counter.li.org/)

Re: Writing USB Modem kernel driver

Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse
hi,

is that the green/purple flat modem? i'm using one on my gateway at
home, and no need for a specific kernel driver. i'm using regular
ppp/tun with a dial-in script. this has been working fine for me for
several years now. i will post some details later today.

cheers,
jasper

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 02:34:30AM +0100, Maciej Piechotka wrote:

> I'm sorry to write here but I've tried on misc and irc but I didn't
> found what I wanted. From the description it seems to be correct group
> but I apologise if not.
>
> I'm tring to write a driver for speedtouch 330 (lack of which stops me
> from using OpenBSD). However I'm afraid I'm not fully understend the
> OBSD drivers. I've tried to look on sys/kernel/dev/usb/ueagle.c but some
> calles to usb subsystem seems to be cryptic (for someone who don't know
> logic behind).
>
> Is there any documentation of the Kernel Programming (I'm especially
> interested in USB and Networking)? I've found very little on google.
>
> Best regards
> --
> I've probably left my head... somewhere. Please wait untill I find it.
> Homepage (pl_PL): http://uzytkownik.jogger.pl/
> (GNU/)Linux User: #425935 (see http://counter.li.org/)

--
"Intelligence should guide our actions, but in harmony with the
  texture of the situation at hand"
        -- Francisco Varela

Re: Writing USB Modem kernel driver

Maciej Piechotka
No. I'm afraid it is silver and black model. It used to be run by
modem_run from speedtouch.sf.net which is largely unmaintained after
inclusion into Linux Kernel and tended to behave unstable (at least some
time ago - and it hasn't been changed for a while). The only advice I've
received on #openbsd some time ago was to use Linux. So I decided to
port driver for fun (and profit of use OBSD).

I'd be very grateful for the configuration anyway.

Regards