Wonderful surprise with OpenBSD 5.8

Daniel Villarreal
I got around to installing OpenBSD 5.8 on an old HP touchscreen
computer, one of the all-in-ones... At first the mouse didn't seem to
respond, and so I put a finger on the screen, and it just worked (opened
a term window). I was amazed as I never could get it going before
(originally they system came with MS Vista, which was not on the system
when I acquired it). Wow.

Re: Wonderful surprise with OpenBSD 5.8

Eric Furman-3
5.8??

On Fri, Dec 25, 2020, at 9:19 AM, Daniel Villarreal wrote:
> I got around to installing OpenBSD 5.8 on an old HP touchscreen
> computer, one of the all-in-ones... At first the mouse didn't seem to
> respond, and so I put a finger on the screen, and it just worked (opened
> a term window). I was amazed as I never could get it going before
> (originally they system came with MS Vista, which was not on the system
> when I acquired it). Wow.

Re: Wonderful surprise with OpenBSD 5.8

Daniel Villarreal
I meant OpenBSD 6.8. Regular mouse works fine, as well.

My old email box went out, so I built a new one on this touch screen
computer. Usually in the past I would customize the partition sizes, do
my customizations and install Xfce. This time I decided to stay with the
stock window manager.

Found that this greatly helped ...
https://github.com/bfmartin/fvwm-config-on-openbsd