Wireless PCI

Stian Sletner
Hi.  Just checking, because the list of supported wireless adapters in
ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.4/hppa/INSTALL.hppa is a lot shorter
than the list for i386, and mostly lists USB adapters.  I assume there
is no reason why a PCI adapter that's supported under i386 should not
also work on hppa?

Stian Sletner

Re: Wireless PCI

Stuart Henderson
On 2009-02-03, Stian Sletner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi.  Just checking, because the list of supported wireless adapters in
> ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.4/hppa/INSTALL.hppa is a lot shorter
> than the list for i386, and mostly lists USB adapters.  I assume there
> is no reason why a PCI adapter that's supported under i386 should not
> also work on hppa?

Most of them are not listed in sys/arch/hppa/conf/GENERIC, so at least
you'll need to add an entry and build your own kernel. They can probably
be added if they are tested and work ok, though.

Re: Wireless PCI

Stian Sletner
On 2009-02-03T22:51+0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> Most of them are not listed in sys/arch/hppa/conf/GENERIC, so at least
> you'll need to add an entry and build your own kernel.  They can
> probably be added if they are tested and work ok, though.

Yeah I'll pick one up and just try to add it to the build and see how it
goes.  Thanks.

--
Stian Sletner