Why does OpenBSD lack a man page for ulimit?

Why does OpenBSD lack a man page for ulimit?

Jorge Castillo
I could expand about what caused my need for more memory, but I don't
think that would be relevant. I am just really curious about this
issue since everything else seems to be so well documented, this
certainly seem like a weird phenomenon on OpenBSD. When I need to do
something I can usually manage fine with just the man pages but I had
to use Google to know how to use ulimit.

Re: Why does OpenBSD lack a man page for ulimit?

Theo de Raadt
>I could expand about what caused my need for more memory, but I don't
>think that would be relevant. I am just really curious about this
>issue since everything else seems to be so well documented, this
>certainly seem like a weird phenomenon on OpenBSD. When I need to do
>something I can usually manage fine with just the man pages but I had
>to use Google to know how to use ulimit.

ulimit is a shell built-in.  man ksh, then search the manual page.

That is also why you won't find a man page for eval, fg, jobs, let,
return, set ...

Re: Why does OpenBSD lack a man page for ulimit?

ml-44
On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 07:50:29PM -0700, Jorge Castillo wrote:
> I could expand about what caused my need for more memory, but I don't
> think that would be relevant. I am just really curious about this
> issue since everything else seems to be so well documented, this
> certainly seem like a weird phenomenon on OpenBSD. When I need to do
> something I can usually manage fine with just the man pages but I had
> to use Google to know how to use ulimit.

Ulimit is a ksh command.

Please try `man ksh`

A.

Re: Why does OpenBSD lack a man page for ulimit?

Jorge Castillo
Okay, thanks.