Why I left OpenBSD

Dexter Tomisson

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Karl Sjodahl - dunceor-2
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Dexter Tomisson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://www.trollaxor.com/2010/06/why-i-left-openbsd.html

Ok why write a long text and the only reason you have is that you are
unhappy with driver support and with Theo? I was looking for some more
indepth discussion on why you choose not to use OpenBSD anymore but it
was just another worthless post.

This feels more like the usual troll post of people that got hurt
while dealing with Theo. Like somebody said, is this the year of
trolls?

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

cshobe
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Dexter Tomisson <[hidden email]>wrote:

> http://www.trollaxor.com/2010/06/why-i-left-openbsd.html

It's always funny when somebody ends up "leaving for their own good", that
they need to write a lot about it and try to convince many others to agree
with their notions.

Develop/use whatever you want - there are pros and cons to every open source
project out there.  You can fault find with Theo, or Stallman, or anyone
else.  But these individuals don't matter so much as overall project
usefulness, licensing/openness, etc.  What matters is simply that you find
something you feel rewarding to work on.  There is absolutely no reason to
try to drag others along with you.  For someone critical of Theo running
other developers off, you sure seem to be trying to do the same thing with
your post and by sharing it here.

Think before you rant,
--
Casey Allen Shobe

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Dexter Tomisson
Man, it's not me. Just wanted to share that with you all.

On 10 June 2010 11:40, Dunceor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Dexter Tomisson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > http://www.trollaxor.com/2010/06/why-i-left-openbsd.html
> >

> Ok why write a long text and the only reason you have is that you are
> unhappy with driver support and with Theo? I was looking for some more
> indepth discussion on why you choose not to use OpenBSD anymore but it
> was just another worthless post.
>
> This feels more like the usual troll post of people that got hurt
> while dealing with Theo. Like somebody said, is this the year of
> trolls?

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

LeviaComm Networks NOC
On 6/10/2010 1:44 AM, Casey Allen Shobe wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Dexter Tomisson<[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> http://www.trollaxor.com/2010/06/why-i-left-openbsd.html
>>

> It's always funny when somebody ends up "leaving for their own good", that
> they need to write a lot about it and try to convince many others to agree
> with their notions.
>
> Develop/use whatever you want - there are pros and cons to every open source
> project out there.  You can fault find with Theo, or Stallman, or anyone
> else.  But these individuals don't matter so much as overall project
> usefulness, licensing/openness, etc.  What matters is simply that you find
> something you feel rewarding to work on.  There is absolutely no reason to
> try to drag others along with you.  For someone critical of Theo running
> other developers off, you sure seem to be trying to do the same thing with
> your post and by sharing it here.
>
> Think before you rant,

IGNORE THIS, otherwise you are feeding the Trolls, hell the word troll
is in the URL.

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Karl Sjodahl - dunceor-2
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Dexter Tomisson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Man, it's not me. Just wanted to share that with you all.
>
> On 10 June 2010 11:40, Dunceor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Dexter Tomisson <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > http://www.trollaxor.com/2010/06/why-i-left-openbsd.html
>> >

>> Ok why write a long text and the only reason you have is that you are
>> unhappy with driver support and with Theo? I was looking for some more
>> indepth discussion on why you choose not to use OpenBSD anymore but it
>> was just another worthless post.
>>
>> This feels more like the usual troll post of people that got hurt
>> while dealing with Theo. Like somebody said, is this the year of
>> trolls?

And you felt it was something unique and new about this information so
you had to write a blog post about it? Theo has been critized about
this for years and I think he has heard that before.
So my question remains, what was the purpose of writing it?

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Shawn Hackett
Dexter,

I'm still relatively new to OpenBSD and the community, however a few
days ago you had asked about why large memory support still wasn't
enabled by default.  Asking if the developers needed hardware, funding
or what  not to get it working properly.

If you were in fact a developer as your latest rant states and large
memory was such a concern for you, it would stand to reason that you
would be well aware of why it hasn't made it into the default install.
 Also, a developer likely wouldn't piss and moan about it on the
mailing lists, rather they would just start working to rectify the
situation.

Your obviously full of shit IMO, FreeBSD 7.2 came out quite some time
ago.  If you havent been using OpenBSD since your change than why did
you inquire about large memory support three days ago?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Dexter Tomisson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Man, it's not me. Just wanted to share that with you all.
>
> On 10 June 2010 11:40, Dunceor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Dexter Tomisson <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > http://www.trollaxor.com/2010/06/why-i-left-openbsd.html
>> >

>> Ok why write a long text and the only reason you have is that you are
>> unhappy with driver support and with Theo? I was looking for some more
>> indepth discussion on why you choose not to use OpenBSD anymore but it
>> was just another worthless post.
>>
>> This feels more like the usual troll post of people that got hurt
>> while dealing with Theo. Like somebody said, is this the year of
>> trolls?

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Eric Furman-3
Yes, Theo is an asshole.
Let me cut my own throat to prove I'm a good guy!.
Yea!!
BTW, Theo *IS* an asshole.
Most geniuses are ...

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:28 +0300, "Dexter Tomisson"
> http://www.trollaxor.com/2010/06/why-i-left-openbsd.html

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Alexander Farber
I was hoping for some interesting arguments

But there was just whining about Theo's personality
(with which I don't agree) and lack of some drivers
(blobs - no thank you)

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Dexter Tomisson
What a waste of bytes..

Which planet did you come from?

Well, at least, are you able to read?

On 10 June 2010 12:10, S H <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dexter,
>
> I'm still relatively new to OpenBSD and the community, however a few
> days ago you had asked about why large memory support still wasn't
> enabled by default.  Asking if the developers needed hardware, funding
> or what  not to get it working properly.
>
> If you were in fact a developer as your latest rant states and large
> memory was such a concern for you, it would stand to reason that you
> would be well aware of why it hasn't made it into the default install.
>  Also, a developer likely wouldn't piss and moan about it on the
> mailing lists, rather they would just start working to rectify the
> situation.
>
> Your obviously full of shit IMO, FreeBSD 7.2 came out quite some time
> ago.  If you havent been using OpenBSD since your change than why did
> you inquire about large memory support three days ago?
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Dexter Tomisson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Man, it's not me. Just wanted to share that with you all.
> >
> > On 10 June 2010 11:40, Dunceor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Dexter Tomisson <
> [hidden email]>
> >> >

> >> Ok why write a long text and the only reason you have is that you are
> >> unhappy with driver support and with Theo? I was looking for some more
> >> indepth discussion on why you choose not to use OpenBSD anymore but it
> >> was just another worthless post.
> >>
> >> This feels more like the usual troll post of people that got hurt
> >> while dealing with Theo. Like somebody said, is this the year of
> >> trolls?

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac
LeviaComm Networks NOC wrote:
> ... hell the word troll is in the URL.

LOL!

and in the last day, god said: "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!"

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

STeve Andre'
On Thursday 10 June 2010 06:04:21 Alexander Farber wrote:
> I was hoping for some interesting arguments
>
> But there was just whining about Theo's personality
> (with which I don't agree) and lack of some drivers
> (blobs - no thank you)

Why?

What can possibly be said that will change anything?  The poster is
free to use what he wishes.  His rant doesn't do anything useful, quite
aside from the fact that statements in it aren't really true, and
contains at least one legally actionable statement.

--STeve Andre'

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Christiano F. Haesbaert
I AM truly amazed, "people can't read" is indeed a fact.

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Kevin Chadwick-2
> Man, it's not me. Just wanted to share that with you all.

Like a dick in a pudding.

You may want to share it with us all but no-one else wants you to.

Meaning of words is what's important and from what I've seen, theo meant
very little which you have taken to heart. From the few examples I've
seen, I see YOU Dexter as the abuser whether being polite or not.

I was going to comment about some of your comments on driver robustness
but I fear that will waste everyones time by feeding the trolls too
much.

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

VICTOR TARABOLA CORTIANO
He is just trolling...

Just look at his postings...

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Samuel Baldwin-3
> Those who taste the de Raadt wrath, however, always run in the end. A friend
> of mine once incurred his ire by asking the wrong question at the wrong time,
> and Theo de Raadt hacked his router and remotely remapped his keyboard!

hahahahahaha, slander? Hilarious either way.

Samuel Baldwin - logik.li

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

cshobe
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Samuel Baldwin
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> > Those who taste the de Raadt wrath, however, always run in the end. A
> friend
> > of mine once incurred his ire by asking the wrong question at the wrong
> time,
> > and Theo de Raadt hacked his router and remotely remapped his keyboard!
>
> hahahahahaha, slander? Hilarious either way.

Haha, keyboard remapping abuse!  That was the most hilarious part of the
whole post, indeed.

One time, I E-Mailed Richard Stallman about a fetchmail question, and he
hacked into my box and deleted everything not GPL-licensed!

Casey Allen Shobe

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Damien Miller
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010, Samuel Baldwin wrote:

> > Those who taste the de Raadt wrath, however, always run in the end. A friend
> > of mine once incurred his ire by asking the wrong question at the wrong time,
> > and Theo de Raadt hacked his router and remotely remapped his keyboard!
>
> hahahahahaha, slander? Hilarious either way.

Please, someone do an image macro. "I'm in ur router, remappin' yar keyz"

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Mitja Muženič
> Please, someone do an image macro. "I'm in ur router, remappin' yar keyz"

Here you are: http://cheezburger.com/View/3620602624

(improved spelling checked through the awesome http://speaklolcat.com/
service). Liek it? :)

Mitja

Re: Why I left OpenBSD

Nick Holland
On 06/11/10 02:55, Mitja Mu>enih wrote:
>> Please, someone do an image macro. "I'm in ur router, remappin' yar keyz"
>
> Here you are: http://cheezburger.com/View/3620602624
>
> (improved spelling checked through the awesome http://speaklolcat.com/
> service). Liek it? :)
>
> Mitja

See?  Seen on the internet in TWO places now, it MUST BE TRUE!

Nick.

123