Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Alvaro Mantilla Gimenez
Hi OpenBSD developers,

   Which are your preferred tools for develop? (For C, C++, Java,
etc....no matter the language)

   It is good to know which tools and why...

   Thanks,

           Alvaro

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Bob Beck-3
* Alvaro Mantilla Gimenez <[hidden email]> [2006-11-28 14:03]:
> Hi OpenBSD developers,
>

>   Which are your preferred tools for develop? (For C, C++, Java,
> etc....no matter the language)

        Visual C++, .NET, and C sharp of course. Theo mandates
taht we  all to use only the 7337est toolz..

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Floor Terra

Probably the preferred tool is a computer, a keyboard is a big plus too.
Trust me, I tried programming on a Palm TX with the stylus.
For brainstorming a pen and paper could be helpful.
And if I run into problems Google is my friend.

The more specific tools depend on the language and type of program.

Floor

On Nov 28, 2006, at 9:48 PM, Alvaro Mantilla Gimenez wrote:

> Hi OpenBSD developers,
>

>   Which are your preferred tools for develop? (For C, C++, Java,
> etc....no matter the language)
>
>   It is good to know which tools and why...
>

>   Thanks,
>

>           Alvaro

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse
On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 02:16:35PM -0700, Bob Beck wrote:

> * Alvaro Mantilla Gimenez <[hidden email]> [2006-11-28 14:03]:
> > Hi OpenBSD developers,
> >

> >   Which are your preferred tools for develop? (For C, C++, Java,
> > etc....no matter the language)
>

> Visual C++, .NET, and C sharp of course. Theo mandates
> taht we  all to use only the 7337est toolz..
don't forget the actual work is done on mirbsd boxes
we and only use openbsd to commit from.

silly boy, asking the obvious..

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Diana Eichert
I use a soldering iron, dremel tool, sheet metal/plastic nibbler and
solder wick.

diana
PS  Then I load my AR-15 to see if I can shoot any holes in my code.

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Jim Razmus
* Diana Eichert <[hidden email]> [061128 18:09]:
> I use a soldering iron, dremel tool, sheet metal/plastic nibbler and
> solder wick.
>
> diana
> PS  Then I load my AR-15 to see if I can shoot any holes in my code.

I use home brewed Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  But then, I'm not an
official developer.  I expect they use "real" beer.

Jim

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Ioan Nemes
That's the problem, you should use an AK45! Much-much cheaper
than the AR-15 (I've been offred one for $US15.00 in Sudan),
and is widely available.

Ioan

>> Diana Eichert <[hidden email]> 11/29 9:58 am >>>
I use a soldering iron, dremel tool, sheet metal/plastic nibbler and
solder wick.

diana
PS  Then I load my AR-15 to see if I can shoot any holes in my code.

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

John Brooks
Haven't heard of an AK45, but I'm told the Russians are real
proud of their AK-47.

--
John Brooks
[hidden email]

Zoong PHAM
On Tuesday, 28 November 2006 at 18:12:48 -0500, Jim Razmus wrote:
> * Diana Eichert <[hidden email]> [061128 18:09]:
> > I use a soldering iron, dremel tool, sheet metal/plastic nibbler and
> > solder wick.

I am low budget developer so I use chopsticks, sushi and tap water.

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

L. V. Lammert
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Zoong PHAM wrote:

> I am low budget developer so I use chopsticks, sushi and tap water.

Since when is sushi low budget? Must be in Japan?

        Lee

  Leland V. Lammert            [hidden email]
    Chief Scientist     Omnitec Corporation
 Network/Internet Consultants   www.omnitec.net

On Tuesday, 28 November 2006 at 17:33:38 -0600, John Brooks wrote:
> Haven't heard of an AK45, but I'm told the Russians are real
> proud of their AK-47.

The AK47 is the original and the most popular (licenced to China and
other countries to manufacture) of the AK series.
There are newer and more advanced AKs after the AK47.

I never seen a AK45. Maybe it's a "open source" version of AK47.
Anyway, AK47s are simple and just works like OpenBSD.

Zoong

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Shane J Pearson
On 29/11/2006, at 11:43 AM, Zoong PHAM wrote:

> On Tuesday, 28 November 2006 at 18:12:48 -0500, Jim Razmus wrote:
>> * Diana Eichert <[hidden email]> [061128 18:09]:
>>> I use a soldering iron, dremel tool, sheet metal/plastic nibbler and
>>> solder wick.
>
> I am low budget developer so I use chopsticks, sushi and tap water.

I hope you don't eat fugu! That would be blasphemy!

Shane J Pearson
shanejp netspace net au

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

bofh-6
On 11/28/06, L. V. Lammert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Zoong PHAM wrote:
>
> > I am low budget developer so I use chopsticks, sushi and tap water.
> >
> Since when is sushi low budget? Must be in Japan?

Sushi is the "fast" food in Japan, easily and cheaply available all
over the place.  However, speaking of sushi, I was recently up over at
a small town in the ozarks, and had some sushi.  They brought out some
samples of the new sushi they had created.  I took one look, and
remarked that we must still be in the deep south, because the sushi
they brought out was a bacon and ham roll, deep fried.

On 11/28/06, Shane J Pearson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I hope you don't eat fugu! That would be blasphemy!

I think Theo actually had fugu once, so it can't be that bad, so maybe
that's how he got his powers?

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Miod Vallat
> I never seen a AK45. Maybe it's a "open source" version of AK47.
> Anyway, AK47s are simple and just works like OpenBSD.

USB AK47 are not ready for primetime, though, the driver has issues. Get
a missile launcher instead.

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Karsten McMinn
On 11/28/06, Diana Eichert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I use a soldering iron, dremel tool, sheet metal/plastic nibbler and
> solder wick.
>
> diana
> PS  Then I load my AR-15 to see if I can shoot any holes in my code.

I highly recommend glue guns, gnomes and jars of fat free mayonaise.
why fat free you ask? because I dont want blobs sticking to my
arteries.

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Darrin Chandler
On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 06:50:22PM -0800, Karsten McMinn wrote:

> On 11/28/06, Diana Eichert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >I use a soldering iron, dremel tool, sheet metal/plastic nibbler and
> >solder wick.
> >
> >diana
> >PS  Then I load my AR-15 to see if I can shoot any holes in my code.
>
> I highly recommend glue guns, gnomes and jars of fat free mayonaise.
> why fat free you ask? because I dont want blobs sticking to my
> arteries.

C'mon! Stick to the real topic!

I love tail, personally. When that doesn't do it, then head usually
works.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD Users Group
[hidden email]   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |

On 29/11/2006, at 2:05 PM, Darrin Chandler wrote:

> C'mon! Stick to the real topic!
>
> I love tail, personally. When that doesn't do it, then head usually
> works.

Careful doing that in a public forum. If you get caught, your GF/wife
might use split on you.

Shane J Pearson
shanejp netspace net au

Re: Which tools the OpenBSD developers are using?

Chris Kuethe
On 11/28/06, Shane J Pearson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 29/11/2006, at 2:05 PM, Darrin Chandler wrote:
>
> > C'mon! Stick to the real topic!
> >
> > I love tail, personally. When that doesn't do it, then head usually
> > works.
>
> Careful doing that in a public forum. If you get caught, your GF/wife
> might use split on you.

if you're not careful about your date, you might find you have some
unwanted growfs. you never know what's in swap space.

you also need to worry about cut. maybe even kill. individuals wishing
to use these might need to get some help from man... maybe ed or biff.

i'll leave the rest of /usr/*bin to someone else.

CK

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 02:26:16PM +1100, Shane J Pearson wrote:
> On 29/11/2006, at 2:05 PM, Darrin Chandler wrote:
>
> >C'mon! Stick to the real topic!
> >
> >I love tail, personally. When that doesn't do it, then head usually
> >works.
>
> Careful doing that in a public forum. If you get caught, your GF/wife
> might use split on you.

That happened with the last GF after I suggested tee with her and
another girl. Well, more or less.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD Users Group
[hidden email]   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |

123