Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Nomen Nescio
The prices at the "official European shop" in the Netherlands are sky high.
I thought this was supposed to be a 150 dollar PC. Does anybody have a good
cheap source for these or other MIPS boxes? Thanks.

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Bryan Irvine
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Nomen Nescio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The prices at the "official European shop" in the Netherlands are sky high.
> I thought this was supposed to be a 150 dollar PC. Does anybody have a good
> cheap source for these or other MIPS boxes? Thanks.

Same problem here in the US.  Some retailers are selling them for
upwards of $500 (after shipping) for the 'cheap' model.

I just got a quote from alibaba.com to import an 8089-B from Lemote
for $190 + $48 (I think that's 182E (where's that darn Euro key?))

-Bryan

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Diana Eichert
let me google that for you

http://bit.ly/sC0Wif

diana

Past hissy-fits are not a predictor of future hissy-fits.
Nick Holland(06 Dec 2005)

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

patrick keshishian
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Diana Eichert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> let me google that for you
>
> http://bit.ly/sC0Wif

You cheated. You had the site in mind before googling.

--patrick

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

RichardET
Try www.tekmote.nl

Richard

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Nomen Nescio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The prices at the "official European shop" in the Netherlands are sky high.
> I thought this was supposed to be a 150 dollar PC. Does anybody have a good
> cheap source for these or other MIPS boxes? Thanks.

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Rob Schmersel
On 12/14/2011 03:44 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> The prices at the "official European shop" in the Netherlands are sky high.
> I thought this was supposed to be a 150 dollar PC. Does anybody have a good
> cheap source for these or other MIPS boxes? Thanks.

Even here in China it is difficult to find. Just did a search on
www.taobao.com (chinese eBay) and only 2 vendors showed up:
http://s.taobao.com/search?q=2f6004&rt=1323835584378

The fulong is selling for 1800 RMB, which is the same price as
tekmote.nl is charging.

/Rob

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, patrick keshishian wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Diana Eichert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> let me google that for you
>>
>> http://bit.ly/sC0Wif
>
> You cheated. You had the site in mind before googling.
>
> --patrick

Of course I did.  You want to buy something direct from .cn search
aliexpress.

diana

Past hissy-fits are not a predictor of future hissy-fits.
Nick Holland(06 Dec 2005)

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Alan Cheng-2
Lemoteo< manufacturer of FuLoong and Yeloong, does have an store on
www.taobao.com (http://loogson.taobao.com/), it's the official place to buy
FuLoong/YeeLoong here in China.

http://s.taobao.com/search?q=**2f6004&rt=1323835584378<http://s.taobao.com/se

Thanks for the data point, Rob. I'll wait until prices come down.

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Nomen Nescio
> I just got a quote from alibaba.com to import an 8089-B from Lemote
> for $190 + $48 (I think that's 182E (where's that darn Euro key?))

Thanks but that is still too damn high. I'll wait until the Chinese decide
to dump these on the market in some trade war and buy ten when they hit 50
bucks a piece. For what it is the price is unrealistic. Not that I like
Intel so much but I can get a better than half decent netbook for $240.

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Fritz Wuehler-5
> diana

Hey diana, how about a fucking blowjob? You're not good for anything else so
let's see how you are at that.

Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>> diana
>>
> Hey diana, how about a fucking blowjob? You're not good for anything else so
> let's see how you are at that.

Am I missing something here?  fucking(blowjob(*p)) ?

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Ted Unangst-6
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011, Richard Thornton wrote:
> Fritz Wuehler wrote:

> Am I missing something here?  fucking(blowjob(*p)) ?

not really, fritz's past constributions haven't been particularly
worthwhile either.

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Kevin Chadwick-2
On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 02:00:39 +0100
Fritz Wuehler wrote:

> Hey diana, how about a fucking blowjob?

It's a bit hard to do those two things at the same time and she
couldn't fit you in her mouth anyway, you fuckin dick.

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Diana Eichert
Wow, I drew Fritz's attention from his video games.
I am soooooo upset.  If I knew how to contact him I'd
send him an Etch-a sketch for Christmas.

g.day

diana

Once upon a time , Fritz Wuehler childishly spoke:

gibberish

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Fritz Wuehler-5
Kevin Fagdick whined:

> Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>
> > Hey diana, how about a fucking blowjob?
>
> It's a bit hard to do those two things at the same time and she
> couldn't fit you in her mouth anyway, you fuckin dick.

You got that one right ya limp dicked drag queen LOL. Haha I see I made you
jealous by banging your girlfriend. Good on ya, ya great dumb dragqueen. I
thought you only liked young boys glad you proved me wrong.

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Miod Vallat
> Lemoteo< manufacturer of FuLoong and Yeloong, does have an store on
> www.taobao.com (http://loogson.taobao.com/), it's the official place to buy
> FuLoong/YeeLoong here in China.

And they seem to sell Loongson 3A-based systems, unlike the dutch
reseller. But my nonexistent knowledge of the chinese language does not
help.

I would like to get a 3A-based system in order to extend the
OpenBSD/loongson port to these systems. (I also would like to get a 2G
system, but I am quite confident the existing codebase will run
unmodified on a 2G system, so that's not a priority).

If anyone, fluent in chinese, could tell me if I can indeed order a 3A
system from this site and have it shipped to western Europe, and
wouldn't mind assisting me to place an order, this would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA,
Miod (OpenBSD/loongson portmaster, in case you didn't notice)

Re: Where to buy Lemote FuLoong MIPS boxes?

Steffen Daode Nurpmeso-2
Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well!

I dunno, but maybe Fritz simply misunderstood "A Clockwork
Orange" - completely, that is?
The same actor also played in "Caligula".
That one is much much better for your handwork, Fritz!

And couldn't some cute Austrian restart selling OpenBSD in Austria,
now that Fritz no longer uses an austrian remailer??
I feel so uncomfortable - as if Lada would no longer produce Nivas!
(Taiga in Austria, right?)

Nice weekend beside all that.

--steffen

On 12/17/2011 05:14 AM, Miod Vallat wrote:

>> Lemoteo< manufacturer of FuLoong and Yeloong, does have an store on
>> www.taobao.com (http://loogson.taobao.com/), it's the official place to buy
>> FuLoong/YeeLoong here in China.
> And they seem to sell Loongson 3A-based systems, unlike the dutch
> reseller. But my nonexistent knowledge of the chinese language does not
> help.
>
> I would like to get a 3A-based system in order to extend the
> OpenBSD/loongson port to these systems. (I also would like to get a 2G
> system, but I am quite confident the existing codebase will run
> unmodified on a 2G system, so that's not a priority).
>
> If anyone, fluent in chinese, could tell me if I can indeed order a 3A
> system from this site and have it shipped to western Europe, and
> wouldn't mind assisting me to place an order, this would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Miod (OpenBSD/loongson portmaster, in case you didn't notice)

They indicate that there are systems available, but you never know until you really try :). Anyway you can not get it shipped to Western Europe via the shop, they only allow China internal shipping. There are however some services available on separate sites that allow you to order in China and get it shipped anywhere in the world. A quick search will get you some links (typical: you read about it, but since you don't need it you do not bookmark it).

I would offer to be a courier as I'm flying home for Xmas, but I'm
flying tomorrow morning and it is unfortunately to short to order and
still get it here on time.

Regards
/Rob

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Miod Vallat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If anyone, fluent in chinese, could tell me if I can indeed order a 3A
> system from this site and have it shipped to western Europe, and
> wouldn't mind assisting me to place an order, this would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Miod (OpenBSD/loongson portmaster, in case you didn't notice)

Currently 3A is not out yet ("coming soon", according to Lemote).
I'll be glad to help on the ordering & shipping once 3A is available,
though my guess is it'll also be available on http://www.tekmote.nl/ by
that time.

12