Where can I find the cksum source code?

João Salvatti
Hi Misc,

Where can I find the cksum source code? Not in the base system.

Thanks in advanced.

Re: Where can I find the cksum source code?

Otto Moerbeek
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 08:17:47AM -0300, Jo?o Salvatti wrote:

> Hi Misc,
>
> Where can I find the cksum source code? Not in the base system.

Of course it's in the base system, you just didn't look hard enough.
Hint: /bin/cksum is hard linked to /bin/md5.

        -Otto

Re: Where can I find the cksum source code?

Jonathan Gray
sure it is, look at the contents of /usr/src/bin/md5

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 08:17:47AM -0300, Jo?o Salvatti wrote:
> Hi Misc,
>
> Where can I find the cksum source code? Not in the base system.
>
> Thanks in advanced.

Re: Where can I find the cksum source code?

João Salvatti
Thanks.

--
"Se Debugar i a arte de remover bugs, programar i a arte de inserm-los".

Donald E. Knuth.

--
Joco Salvatti
Graduated in Computer Science
E-Mail: [hidden email]

Re: Where can I find the cksum source code?

cognacc
There was a great post not so long time ago,
Where som other code couldnt be found.

Someone showed how to search the tree inside the makefiles.
Because the name of an executable etc, might not be listed in the src files.
but be specified in the makefile, ie some executables with more than 1 name
and so on.

I think it was tip / cu maybe that went missing ?

Mic