What is the best way to get a 64bit c++11 capable compiler?

What is the best way to get a 64bit c++11 capable compiler?

eric-3
Hello,

I recently got an Ultra 45 to test my code better and have already
been able to fix a couple things thanks to the ease of getting a
modern OS working quickly.

Unfortunately though I am having some trouble with some of my
c++ code.  Compilers are crashing when they need more than
4 GB RAM. I have tried gcc-8.3.0p4 and clang 8.0.1 but neither
work. Are these packages 32 bit ?!  What is the best way for me to
get a working 64 bit c++11 compiler?

I'm running OpenBSD 6.6 but am open to upgrading. If there are
no 64 bit packages for what I need any tips for compiling a 64 bit
compiler from a 32 bit compiler would be great.

Thanks,
Eric

Re: What is the best way to get a 64bit c++11 capable compiler?

Stuart Henderson
OpenBSD doesn't run mixed 32-bit software on 64-bit kernels. You are
probably bumping into default resource limits, see login.conf.

--
  Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.
On 21 August 2020 19:38:08 eric <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently got an Ultra 45 to test my code better and have already
> been able to fix a couple things thanks to the ease of getting a
> modern OS working quickly.
>
> Unfortunately though I am having some trouble with some of my
> c++ code.  Compilers are crashing when they need more than
> 4 GB RAM. I have tried gcc-8.3.0p4 and clang 8.0.1 but neither
> work. Are these packages 32 bit ?!  What is the best way for me to
> get a working 64 bit c++11 compiler?
>
> I'm running OpenBSD 6.6 but am open to upgrading. If there are
> no 64 bit packages for what I need any tips for compiling a 64 bit
> compiler from a 32 bit compiler would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Re: What is the best way to get a 64bit c++11 capable compiler?

eric-3
exactly - problem fixed, thank you!

---- On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 22:24:55 +0200 Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote ----