What happened to 6.6/sgi?

Stefan Hagen-4
Hello *

I was browsing around and noticed that there are no files for the SGI
platform on the mirrors. SGI is mentioned in the 6.6/README, so I assume
it is supported. Did it get lost somehow? (snapshot/sgi exists)

Bye,
Stefan

Re: What happened to 6.6/sgi?

Stefan Hagen-4
Stefan Hagen wrote:
> I was browsing around and noticed that there are no files for the SGI
> platform on the mirrors. SGI is mentioned in the 6.6/README, so I assume
> it is supported. Did it get lost somehow? (snapshot/sgi exists)

Answering myself: SGI has been discontinued
(https://www.openbsd.org/sgi.html)

It's just the one line in 6.6/README that slipped through and was not
removed.

Best Regards,
Stefan

Re: What happened to 6.6/sgi?

Patrick Harper
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=156941089510768&w=2

--
  Patrick Harper
  [hidden email]

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019, at 16:29, Stefan Hagen wrote:

> Hello *
>
> I was browsing around and noticed that there are no files for the SGI
> platform on the mirrors. SGI is mentioned in the 6.6/README, so I assume
> it is supported. Did it get lost somehow? (snapshot/sgi exists)
>
> Bye,
> Stefan

Re: What happened to 6.6/sgi?

Christian Weisgerber
On 2019-12-08, Stefan Hagen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was browsing around and noticed that there are no files for the SGI
> platform on the mirrors.

OpenBSD/sgi has been discontinued.  No 6.6 release was built.
The mips64 CPU architecture remains alive on the octeon platform.

> SGI is mentioned in the 6.6/README,

That was an oversight.

> (snapshot/sgi exists)

A several-months-old snapshot that simply hasn't been removed.