What generates the OpenBSD page?

John Tate-8
I am wondering what software if any generates the OpenBSD and similar
websites. It appears to be a static page generated by some software, that
software doesn't seem to be mentioned. What is it? Or is it just hand made?

John Tate

www.johntate.org

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

Richard Toohey
On 10/12/2011, at 3:02 PM, John Tate wrote:

> I am wondering what software if any generates the OpenBSD and similar
> websites. It appears to be a static page generated by some software, that
> software doesn't seem to be mentioned. What is it? Or is it just hand made?

You might find some answers here

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/

> John Tate

> www.johntate.org

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

Theo de Raadt

Are you kidding?

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

John Tate-8
No, I'm an idiot. Not kidding at all. Is that a yes for "Or is it just hand
made?"

www.johntate.org

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

John Tate-8
Is it info2www being used?

www.johntate.org

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

Eric Furman-3
The only reason I haven't added you to my kill file is your
questions and responses are sooo idiotically moronic that
you are hilarious! You are so fucking stupid you are falling
down hilarious. What makes it even more funny is how smart
you think you are! LMFAO!
God, if I had a nickle for every fucking retard like you
I've met that thought that they were a genius....
Oh yea, I sent this to the list also to humiliate you.
Please keep posting though, you really crack me up.

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011, at 06:15 PM, John Tate wrote:

> No, I'm an idiot. Not kidding at all. Is that a yes for "Or is it just
> hand
> made?"
>
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Theo de Raadt
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > > I am wondering what software if any generates the OpenBSD and similar
> > > websites. It appears to be a static page generated by some software, that
> > > software doesn't seem to be mentioned. What is it? Or is it just hand
> > made?
> >
> > Are you kidding?

> www.johntate.org

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

John Tate-8
Where did I state I think I am a genius? I want an actual quote, nothing
less.

Your grammar indicates rage rather than humor.

My actual expertise is philosophy and psychology, you have narcissistic
personality disorder. That is what the world calls it. In Objectivism, we
call it misplaced self-esteem.

Now where exactly did I say I was a genius? I mean, I have some genius, but
I'm a C naive lover of OpenBSD - I'm a Redstone genius. I wouldn't mind a
ports related project to prove myself with. I've not tried to prove
anything. I've not been cocky. I've not been anything but inquisitive and
curious.

John

www.johntate.org

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

richo-2
On 10/12/11 23:34 +1100, John Tate wrote:

>On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Eric Furman <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> The only reason I haven't added you to my kill file is your
>> questions and responses are sooo idiotically moronic that
>> you are hilarious! You are so fucking stupid you are falling
>> down hilarious. What makes it even more funny is how smart
>> you think you are! LMFAO!
>> God, if I had a nickle for every fucking retard like you
>> I've met that thought that they were a genius....
>> Oh yea, I sent this to the list also to humiliate you.
>> Please keep posting though, you really crack me up.
>>
>Where did I state I think I am a genius? I want an actual quote, nothing
>less.
>
>Your grammar indicates rage rather than humor.
>
>My actual expertise is philosophy and psychology, you have narcissistic
>personality disorder. That is what the world calls it. In Objectivism, we
>call it misplaced self-esteem.
>
>Now where exactly did I say I was a genius? I mean, I have some genius, but
>I'm a C naive lover of OpenBSD - I'm a Redstone genius. I wouldn't mind a
>ports related project to prove myself with. I've not tried to prove
>anything. I've not been cocky. I've not been anything but inquisitive and
>curious.
>
>John

You throw the words hacker and guru about in relation to yourself a lot on
your blog, in the world of FOSS they translate fairly literally to genius, or
potentially represent a subset thereof.

While I don't necessarily support the personal attacks, I can't say I totally
disagree with the vibe of it.

Please don't presume to psycho-analyse members of the list, and please
develop some modesty. If you want hand holding and someone to explain
something which is already documented, I would recommend one of the more
newby friendly linuxes.

--
richo || Today's excuse:

The vendor put the bug there.
http://blog.psych0tik.net

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:42 PM, richo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/12/11 23:34 +1100, John Tate wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Eric Furman <[hidden email]>**
>> wrote:
>>
>>  The only reason I haven't added you to my kill file is your
>>> questions and responses are sooo idiotically moronic that
>>> you are hilarious! You are so fucking stupid you are falling
>>> down hilarious. What makes it even more funny is how smart
>>> you think you are! LMFAO!
>>> God, if I had a nickle for every fucking retard like you
>>> I've met that thought that they were a genius....
>>> Oh yea, I sent this to the list also to humiliate you.
>>> Please keep posting though, you really crack me up.
>>>
>>>  Where did I state I think I am a genius? I want an actual quote, nothing
>> less.
>>
>> Your grammar indicates rage rather than humor.
>>
>> My actual expertise is philosophy and psychology, you have narcissistic
>> personality disorder. That is what the world calls it. In Objectivism, we
>> call it misplaced self-esteem.
>>
>> Now where exactly did I say I was a genius? I mean, I have some genius,
>> but
>> I'm a C naive lover of OpenBSD - I'm a Redstone genius. I wouldn't mind a
>> ports related project to prove myself with. I've not tried to prove
>> anything. I've not been cocky. I've not been anything but inquisitive and
>> curious.
>>
>> John
>>
>>  You throw the words hacker and guru about in relation to yourself a lot
> on
> your blog, in the world of FOSS they translate fairly literally to genius,
> or
> potentially represent a subset thereof.

I am a guru of Linux systems with an immense respect for OpenBSD.

Stay off my website, I wish I could make it Objectivists only, because what
you are all doing is a STRAWMAN of my blog. I did not intend for it to be
that way, you had to, in your words *translate*. In my words that means
strawman.

Don't enter a logical debate with me. I am not interested.

www.johntate.org

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

Tony Abernethy

Kinda says it all, don't your think?

On 10/12/11 23:56 +1100, John Tate wrote:

>   On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:42 PM, richo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>    While I don't necessarily support the personal attacks, I can't say I
>>    totally
>>    disagree with the vibe of it.
>
>>    Please don't presume to psycho-analyse members of the list, and please
>>    develop some modesty. If you want hand holding and someone to explain
>>    something which is already documented, I would recommend one of the more
>>    newby friendly linuxes.
>   I am a guru of Linux systems with an immense respect for OpenBSD.
>
>   Stay off my website, I wish I could make it Objectivists only, because
>   what you are all doing is a STRAWMAN of my blog. I did not intend for it
>   to be that way, you had to, in your words translate. In my words that
>   means strawman.
>
>   Don't enter a logical debate with me. I am not interested.

Please don't top post. It makes it hard to read. If you must top post, please
post at the top of the message and not randomly halfway through. It makes it
impossible to read and a pain to fix (which I have done again).

The term guru, hacker and wizard are not generally applied to oneself. There
aren't many people I'd take seriously when they claimed it; and you're not
one of the. A cursory google suggests that you've never written anything, so
you'll forgive my doubts. Similarly, unless you're planning a one line post
with links to what you've written, I'm uninterested in this debate.

Demanding that I stay off your website, and then suggesting that you wish you
could make it accessible only to people who share your world view is in my
opinion retarded. I'm not convinced you really understand what freedom is. In
the name of helping the fellow man though, I recommend disconnecting that
machine from the internet immediately and mailing hardcopies of it's source
to parties you approave though, ideally encrypted such that character
assassins such as myself can't get hold of it's content in transit.

Finally, screaming strawman to redirect an argument away from it's original
point is delightfully poetic, but ultimately stupid. If people on the list
repeatedly take issue with your posts, it stands to reason that there is an
issue with your posts.

Some modesty would do you well, and unless you can populate 5 points of
reference that you've read throroughly in the footer of a "I need help" or
"how does this work" post, I would suggest that you have some more reading to
do.

richo

--
richo || Today's excuse:

monitor resolution too high
http://blog.psych0tik.net

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:04 AM, richo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/12/11 23:56 +1100, John Tate wrote:
>
>>  On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:42 PM, richo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>>   While I don't necessarily support the personal attacks, I can't say I
>>>   totally
>>>   disagree with the vibe of it.
>>>

>>    Please don't presume to psycho-analyse members of the list, and please
>>>   develop some modesty. If you want hand holding and someone to explain
>>>   something which is already documented, I would recommend one of the
>>> more
>>>   newby friendly linuxes.
>>>
>>  I am a guru of Linux systems with an immense respect for OpenBSD.
>>
>>  Stay off my website, I wish I could make it Objectivists only, because
>>  what you are all doing is a STRAWMAN of my blog. I did not intend for it
>>  to be that way, you had to, in your words translate. In my words that
>>  means strawman.
>>
>>  Don't enter a logical debate with me. I am not interested.
>>

> Please don't top post. It makes it hard to read. If you must top post,
> please
> post at the top of the message and not randomly halfway through. It makes
> it
> impossible to read and a pain to fix (which I have done again).
>
> The term guru, hacker and wizard are not generally applied to oneself.
> There
> aren't many people I'd take seriously when they claimed it; and you're not
> one of the. A cursory google suggests that you've never written anything,
> so
> you'll forgive my doubts. Similarly, unless you're planning a one line post
> with links to what you've written, I'm uninterested in this debate.
>
> Demanding that I stay off your website, and then suggesting that you wish
> you
> could make it accessible only to people who share your world view is in my
> opinion retarded. I'm not convinced you really understand what freedom is.
> In
> the name of helping the fellow man though, I recommend disconnecting that
> machine from the internet immediately and mailing hardcopies of it's source
> to parties you approave though, ideally encrypted such that character
> assassins such as myself can't get hold of it's content in transit.
>
> Finally, screaming strawman to redirect an argument away from it's original
> point is delightfully poetic, but ultimately stupid. If people on the list
> repeatedly take issue with your posts, it stands to reason that there is an
> issue with your posts.

If the people of the list, are disconnected from the abstract concept of
people as in groups of people, and considered individuals - then actually
I'm having a good time because actually most the messages are not that bad,
some are helpful, and some like this thread are a little humiliating.

> Some modesty would do you well, and unless you can populate 5 points of
> reference that you've read throroughly in the footer of a "I need help" or
> "how does this work" post, I would suggest that you have some more reading
> do.

Not a bad idea actually, but I do look around but you only have my word.

> richo
>

> --
> richo || Today's excuse:
>
> monitor resolution too high
> http://blog.psych0tik.net

Psychosis is a terrible illness.
www.johntate.org

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

John Tate-8
A simple Google of your email address shows something extremely
humiliating. You know as little as I do!

www.johntate.org

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

L. V. Lammert
On Sat, 10 Dec 2011, Eric Furman wrote:

> The only reason I haven't added you to my kill file is your
> questions and responses are sooo idiotically moronic that
> you are hilarious! You are so fucking stupid you are falling
> down hilarious. What makes it even more funny is how smart
> you think you are! LMFAO!
> God, if I had a nickle for every fucking retard like you
> I've met that thought that they were a genius....
> Oh yea, I sent this to the list also to humiliate you.
> Please keep posting though, you really crack me up.

Thanks for the post - it is MUCH more entertaining to read such drivel
than the original quesiton.

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

Javier Bassi
On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am wondering what software if any generates the OpenBSD and similar
>> websites. It appears to be a static page generated by some software, that
>> software doesn't seem to be mentioned. What is it? Or is it just hand made?
>
> Are you kidding?

Theo I have noticed you changed <http> to <html> tag in the index of
your website. You might also want to fix these specific pages:
http://www.theos.com/deraadt/cats.html
http://www.theos.com/deraadt/brew.html

And remember that every time you forget the <body> tag, Tim Berners
Lee kills a kitten

@misc, leave the kid alone.

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

Marc Espie-2
On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 01:07:36PM -0300, Javier Bassi wrote:
> And remember that every time you forget the <body> tag, Tim Berners
> Lee kills a kitten

Good, sooner or later that pervert will get caught.

It's already enough that he got away inflicting "the internet" on the masses.

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

Nomen Nescio
Oh man, you are drastically reducing the average intelligence of any
group you join.

But I liked this admission on your blog:

"Just for the record, I make no illusions about being a complete jerk. Nor
have I ever tried to be nice to a stranger once in my life, unless it was
a homeless person whom could buy me alcohol or cigarettes as a teenager.
I am a callous, rude, and unforgiving person. To the accusations against
me I will plead: guilty as charged. I am an arsehole."

Source: http://old.johntate.org/node/316?page=1

Considering that you proudly admit to being an asshole, with zero
consideration for your fellow man, don't you think that you are sometimes
expecting too much from others? You asshole!

John Tate <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Where did I state I think I am a genius? I want an actual quote, nothing
> less.
>
> Your grammar indicates rage rather than humor.
>
> My actual expertise is philosophy and psychology, you have narcissistic
> personality disorder. That is what the world calls it. In Objectivism, we
> call it misplaced self-esteem.

[snip]

You are projecting, you really are the one with the most obvious disorders
on this list.

And although I can't bring myself to read through the diarrhea on your
site, it seems that the majority of your "philosophy" posts are about
bashing an Objectivist Ph.D in philosophy. Your level is ...? And yet you
pretend to speak for Objectivists.

Please don't think this guy understands Objectivism better than he
understands OpenBSD, C++, psychology, or anything.

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

How does one top post halfway through a message? The mind boggles.

On 2011-12-10, richo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please don't top post. It makes it hard to read. If you must top post, please
> post at the top of the message and not randomly halfway through. It makes it
> impossible to read and a pain to fix (which I have done again).

Re: What generates the OpenBSD page?

Bentley, Dain
This "discussion" does not contribute to either furthering peoples knowledge
of OpenBSD, or provide any technical guidance. Can we just let bygones be
bygones and move on and stop spamming the list with this nonsense

Regards,
Dain Bentley

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:06 AM, Nomen Nescio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oh man, you are drastically reducing the average intelligence of any
> group you join.
>
> But I liked this admission on your blog:
>
> "Just for the record, I make no illusions about being a complete jerk. Nor
> have I ever tried to be nice to a stranger once in my life, unless it was
> a homeless person whom could buy me alcohol or cigarettes as a teenager.
> I am a callous, rude, and unforgiving person. To the accusations against
> me I will plead: guilty as charged. I am an arsehole."
>
> Source: http://old.johntate.org/node/316?page=1
>
> Considering that you proudly admit to being an asshole, with zero
> consideration for your fellow man, don't you think that you are sometimes
> expecting too much from others? You asshole!
>
> John Tate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Where did I state I think I am a genius? I want an actual quote, nothing
> > less.
> >
> > Your grammar indicates rage rather than humor.
> >
> > My actual expertise is philosophy and psychology, you have narcissistic
> > personality disorder. That is what the world calls it. In Objectivism, we
> > call it misplaced self-esteem.
>
> [snip]
>
> You are projecting, you really are the one with the most obvious disorders
> on this list.
>
> And although I can't bring myself to read through the diarrhea on your
> site, it seems that the majority of your "philosophy" posts are about
> bashing an Objectivist Ph.D in philosophy. Your level is ...? And yet you
> pretend to speak for Objectivists.
>
> Please don't think this guy understands Objectivism better than he
> understands OpenBSD, C++, psychology, or anything.

Why is it so important that you must plead the list for this? You are a
people-obsessed loser.

--
www.johntate.org