What forwarders use standard unbound installation?

What forwarders use standard unbound installation?

Roderick

I configured long ago a computer to use unbound for caching. The
standard way. But I did not give it a forwarder and I do not find
a list of the ones being used.

In /var/unbound.conf I see a commented list of DNS servers. But
where is the list it is really using?

Any hint?

Rodrigo

Re: What forwarders use standard unbound installation?

Otto Moerbeek
On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 12:38:22PM +0000, Roderick wrote:

> I configured long ago a computer to use unbound for caching. The
> standard way. But I did not give it a forwarder and I do not find
> a list of the ones being used.
>
> In /var/unbound.conf I see a commented list of DNS servers. But
> where is the list it is really using?
>
> Any hint?
>
> Rodrigo

If no explicit forrwarders are defined, ubound (like any recursive
resolver) consults the root zone servers and follows delegations. In
other wordt, it consults the authorative servers for zones to resolve
names in those zones.

        -Otto