WIP: texlive-2014

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WIP: texlive-2014

Edd Barrett
Hey,

An update to the beast.

I've included the packages chrisz requires in the buildset for coccinelle.

I ran a partial amd64 bulk to test all ports BUILD_DEPENDing tex live.
Nothing seems to break. Will do the same for sparc64 soon.

I've also tested some of my papers. Please test yours too.

There are a couple of outstanding XXX which I would like to address in later
commits. Also I wrote a nice Python library for parsing the tex package
database and a script to generate the packing lists. I would like to import
these tools later so developers can move packages into the buildset easily.

Gzipped diff attached.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

tl2014.diff.gz (275K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WIP: texlive-2014

Edd Barrett
On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 12:03:59PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:

> An update to the beast.
>
> I've included the packages chrisz requires in the buildset for coccinelle.
>
> I ran a partial amd64 bulk to test all ports BUILD_DEPENDing tex live.
> Nothing seems to break. Will do the same for sparc64 soon.
>
> I've also tested some of my papers. Please test yours too.
>
> There are a couple of outstanding XXX which I would like to address in later
> commits. Also I wrote a nice Python library for parsing the tex package
> database and a script to generate the packing lists. I would like to import
> these tools later so developers can move packages into the buildset easily.
>
> Gzipped diff attached.

Has anyone had a play with this?

I can confirm it builds on sparc64, and I have been using this for work
stuff for a while.

Keen to push on...

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WIP: texlive-2014

Edd Barrett
On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 11:59:10AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > Gzipped diff attached.

Fixed MASTER_SITES0. New diff attached.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

tl-fix-fetch.diff.gz (276K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WIP: texlive-2014

Guenther Niess-2
On 05/04/2015 03:08 PM, Edd Barrett wrote:
> On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 11:59:10AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
>>> Gzipped diff attached.
>
> Fixed MASTER_SITES0. New diff attached.

I applied your patch on my amd64 -current system and compiled a few of
my documents. All seems to work fine, if I'm running into problems I
will let you know. Thanks for the patch!


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WIP: texlive-2014

Edd Barrett
On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 08:22:06PM +0200, Guenther Niess wrote:
> On 05/04/2015 03:08 PM, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 11:59:10AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> >>> Gzipped diff attached.
> >
> > Fixed MASTER_SITES0. New diff attached.
>
> I applied your patch on my amd64 -current system and compiled a few of
> my documents. All seems to work fine, if I'm running into problems I
> will let you know. Thanks for the patch!

Thanks for testing.

Giovanni also did some testing and found a couple of nits. I've pushed
those fixes to openbsd-wip.

I did a load of typesetting last week and didn't hit any issues. I think
we should go ahead and commit this.

Anyone willing to OK what is in openbsd-wip?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WIP: texlive-2014

Stuart Henderson-6
On 2015/05/18 01:01, Edd Barrett wrote:

> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 08:22:06PM +0200, Guenther Niess wrote:
> > On 05/04/2015 03:08 PM, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > > On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 11:59:10AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > >>> Gzipped diff attached.
> > >
> > > Fixed MASTER_SITES0. New diff attached.
> >
> > I applied your patch on my amd64 -current system and compiled a few of
> > my documents. All seems to work fine, if I'm running into problems I
> > will let you know. Thanks for the patch!
>
> Thanks for testing.
>
> Giovanni also did some testing and found a couple of nits. I've pushed
> those fixes to openbsd-wip.
>
> I did a load of typesetting last week and didn't hit any issues. I think
> we should go ahead and commit this.
>
> Anyone willing to OK what is in openbsd-wip?
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Edd Barrett
>
> http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk
>

Just commit it :-) It's the only way to get more widespread runtime
testing so we can find any possible issues while there is still time to
fix them.

OK.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WIP: texlive-2014

David Coppa
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2015/05/18 01:01, Edd Barrett wrote:
>> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 08:22:06PM +0200, Guenther Niess wrote:
>> > On 05/04/2015 03:08 PM, Edd Barrett wrote:
>> > > On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 11:59:10AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
>> > >>> Gzipped diff attached.
>> > >
>> > > Fixed MASTER_SITES0. New diff attached.
>> >
>> > I applied your patch on my amd64 -current system and compiled a few of
>> > my documents. All seems to work fine, if I'm running into problems I
>> > will let you know. Thanks for the patch!
>>
>> Thanks for testing.
>>
>> Giovanni also did some testing and found a couple of nits. I've pushed
>> those fixes to openbsd-wip.
>>
>> I did a load of typesetting last week and didn't hit any issues. I think
>> we should go ahead and commit this.
>>
>> Anyone willing to OK what is in openbsd-wip?
> Just commit it :-) It's the only way to get more widespread runtime
> testing so we can find any possible issues while there is still time to
> fix them.

I completely agree.

Ok with me too fwiw

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WIP: texlive-2014

Giovanni Bechis-7
In reply to this post by Edd Barrett
On 05/18/15 02:01, Edd Barrett wrote:

> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 08:22:06PM +0200, Guenther Niess wrote:
>> On 05/04/2015 03:08 PM, Edd Barrett wrote:
>>> On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 11:59:10AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
>>>>> Gzipped diff attached.
>>>
>>> Fixed MASTER_SITES0. New diff attached.
>>
>> I applied your patch on my amd64 -current system and compiled a few of
>> my documents. All seems to work fine, if I'm running into problems I
>> will let you know. Thanks for the patch!
>
> Thanks for testing.
>
> Giovanni also did some testing and found a couple of nits. I've pushed
> those fixes to openbsd-wip.
>
> I did a load of typesetting last week and didn't hit any issues. I think
> we should go ahead and commit this.
>
> Anyone willing to OK what is in openbsd-wip?
>
ok, committ it.
 Cheers
  Giovanni

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WIP: texlive-2014

Edd Barrett
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 01:14:26PM +0200, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> ok, committ it.

OK great!

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk