[WIP] Phabricator

Gabriel Guzman-2

Updated to latest version (today) tested on amd64.  No longer requires
/dev/urandom in chroot.

phabricator.tar.gz (98K) Download Attachment
arcanist.tar.gz (7K) Download Attachment
libphutil.tar.gz (13K) Download Attachment

Re: [WIP] Phabricator

Landry Breuil-6
On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 12:06:00AM -0500, Gabriel Guzman wrote:

> Updated to latest version (today) tested on amd64.  No longer requires
> /dev/urandom in chroot.

I'm interested in this, but i doubt of the usefulness of having this in
ports, given that this is just pax'ing the contents of tarballs to
/var/www - the added value being the README. Given that over time,
usually that kind of stuff is not updated in ports, isnt it simpler to
just directly use the procedure provided upstream ?

Landry

Re: [WIP] Phabricator

Landry Breuil-6
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 11:44:01PM +0100, Landry Breuil wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 12:06:00AM -0500, Gabriel Guzman wrote:
> >
> > Updated to latest version (today) tested on amd64.  No longer requires
> > /dev/urandom in chroot.
>
> I'm interested in this, but i doubt of the usefulness of having this in
> ports, given that this is just pax'ing the contents of tarballs to
> /var/www - the added value being the README. Given that over time,
> usually that kind of stuff is not updated in ports, isnt it simpler to
> just directly use the procedure provided upstream ?

oh and all of the scripts in the bin/ dirs for phabricator (and arc
itself) have broken shebangs that wont work ootb; arc is a bash script,
and all the php scripts use 'env php'..

Landry

Re: [WIP] Phabricator

Gabriel Guzman-2
On 11/26, Landry Breuil wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 11:44:01PM +0100, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 12:06:00AM -0500, Gabriel Guzman wrote:
> > >
> > > Updated to latest version (today) tested on amd64.  No longer requires
> > > /dev/urandom in chroot.
> >
> > I'm interested in this, but i doubt of the usefulness of having this in
> > ports, given that this is just pax'ing the contents of tarballs to
> > /var/www - the added value being the README. Given that over time,
> > usually that kind of stuff is not updated in ports, isnt it simpler to
> > just directly use the procedure provided upstream ?
>
> oh and all of the scripts in the bin/ dirs for phabricator (and arc
> itself) have broken shebangs that wont work ootb; arc is a bash script,
> and all the php scripts use 'env php'..

Good points, both of them.  Upstream has already accepted a patch for
not requiring /dev/urandom inside the chroot, so I'll likely keep
working on making this more friendly, submitting patches upstream and
maintaining a WIP port... I use it, so that's enough for me.   Could be
that you are right, but it's mostly a learning experience for me since
I've never really made a port before (you could argue that this doesn't
count due to the fact that it's just a pax'd tarball... but, well, it
was still a place to start).

Thanks for the feedback,
gabe.