Update: telephony/kamailio to 3.3.1

Alexey Suslikov
Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2012/09/02 19:42, Roman Kravchuk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Update for kamailio to 3.3.1
> >
> > Tested on amd64.
> >
> > Ok? Comments?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > - Roman
>
> Haven't looked fully yet, but I'm not terribly keen on the patches
> to string functions, I'd prefer if they were fed upstream instead of
> going via patches in the ports tree..

Some upstreams are friendly, some aren't. Pushing safe string
functions diffs upstream may take some time. Maybe even very
long time.

Moreover, kamalio is somewhat specific. I don't think we will
receive a number of testing reports.

Roman did a lot of porting work and testing. I know his earlier
ports used for carrier interconnects in production environments.

Can this port be committed without above mentioned diffs and
updated afterwards (if upstream will be friendly enough)?

Alexey

Re: Update: telephony/kamailio to 3.3.1

Roman Kravchuk
In this diff I'm removed the patches to string function.

Ok?  Comments?

- Roman

2012/9/3 Alexey Suslikov <[hidden email]>

> Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2012/09/02 19:42, Roman Kravchuk wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Update for kamailio to 3.3.1
> > >
> > > Tested on amd64.
> > >
> > > Ok? Comments?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > - Roman
> >
> > Haven't looked fully yet, but I'm not terribly keen on the patches
> > to string functions, I'd prefer if they were fed upstream instead of
> > going via patches in the ports tree..
>
> Some upstreams are friendly, some aren't. Pushing safe string
> functions diffs upstream may take some time. Maybe even very
> long time.
>
> Moreover, kamalio is somewhat specific. I don't think we will
> receive a number of testing reports.
>
> Roman did a lot of porting work and testing. I know his earlier
> ports used for carrier interconnects in production environments.
>
> Can this port be committed without above mentioned diffs and
> updated afterwards (if upstream will be friendly enough)?
>
> Alexey

kamailio-3.3.1.diff (43K) Download Attachment