[Update] devel/bpython : Update to 0.20.1

[Update] devel/bpython : Update to 0.20.1

wen heping
Hi,

   Here is a patch for devel/bpython to update to 0.20.1.
   It build well and run well on amd64-current system.
   All tests passed.(Current version 0.18 there is 1 fail and 4 error in tests.)

wen

bpython-0.20.1.diff.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [Update] devel/bpython : Update to 0.20.1

Daniel Dickman

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021, wen heping wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    Here is a patch for devel/bpython to update to 0.20.1.
>    It build well and run well on amd64-current system.
>    All tests passed.(Current version 0.18 there is 1 fail and 4 error in tests.)
>

> wen

A couple thoughts:
- please don't forget to run "make update-patches"
- always worth mentioning the benefits of the update. Reading the
  CHANGELOG file, I see a few fixes for python 3.8 and 3.9. so looks like
  worth doing this update.
- the dependencies have changed. I would add the minimum version check on
  py-curtsies as per requires.txt.
- It looks like there's a new dependency on wcwidth. Luckily this port is
  already in the tree so just add it to RUN_DEPENDS

I'll leave it up to Brian as he is the maintainer, but I'd be ok for an
update going in with the above tweaks.

回复: [Update] devel/bpython : Update to 0.20.1

wen heping
Thank your suggestion.
wcwidthis a DEPENDS of devel/py-curtsies, so it could be added automatically.
minimum version check on   py-curtsies would be failed because we have curtsies-0.3.1 in portstree.
But I shall submitted another patch to update curtsies.
I shall send a revised patch based on your suggestions later.

wen

________________________________
抄送: Brian Callahan <[hidden email]>; [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
主题: Re: [Update] devel/bpython : Update to 0.20.1

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021, wen heping wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    Here is a patch for devel/bpython to update to 0.20.1.
>    It build well and run well on amd64-current system.
>    All tests passed.(Current version 0.18 there is 1 fail and 4 error in tests.)
>

> wen

A couple thoughts:
- please don't forget to run "make update-patches"
- always worth mentioning the benefits of the update. Reading the
  CHANGELOG file, I see a few fixes for python 3.8 and 3.9. so looks like
  worth doing this update.
- the dependencies have changed. I would add the minimum version check on
  py-curtsies as per requires.txt.
- It looks like there's a new dependency on wcwidth. Luckily this port is
  already in the tree so just add it to RUN_DEPENDS

I'll leave it up to Brian as he is the maintainer, but I'd be ok for an
update going in with the above tweaks.

Re: 回复: [Update] devel/bpython : Update to 0.20.1

Daniel Dickman

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021, wen heping wrote:

> Thank your suggestion.
> wcwidthis a DEPENDS of devel/py-curtsies, so it could be added automatically.

I'm not a huge fan of this implicit approach.

> minimum version check on py-curtsies would be failed because we have curtsies-0.3.1 in portstree.

that's fine the version check is for 0.3.0 or greater, which the current
tree satisfies. If someone has an older version around for some reason...
the check will help.

> But I shall submitted another patch to update curtsies.
> I shall send a revised patch based on your suggestions later.

no update for curtsies needed.

Re: 回复: [Update] devel/bpython : Update to 0.20.1

Brian Callahan-6
Hello Wen --

On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 10:36 PM, Daniel Dickman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2021, wen heping wrote:
>
> > Thank your suggestion.
> > wcwidthis a DEPENDS of devel/py-curtsies, so it could be added automatically.
>
> I'm not a huge fan of this implicit approach.
>
> > minimum version check on py-curtsies would be failed because we have curtsies-0.3.1 in portstree.
>
> that's fine the version check is for 0.3.0 or greater, which the current
> tree satisfies. If someone has an older version around for some reason...
> the check will help.
>
> > But I shall submitted another patch to update curtsies.
> > I shall send a revised patch based on your suggestions later.
>
> no update for curtsies needed.

I'll second everything Daniel said and I'll take a look at the revised
submission when it arrives.

~Brian

回复: 回复: [Update] devel/bpython : Update to 0.20.1

wen heping
Revised patch based on Daniel's suggestions.
________________________________
抄送: wen heping <[hidden email]>; Brian Callahan <[hidden email]>; [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
主题: Re: 回复: [Update] devel/bpython : Update to 0.20.1

Hello Wen --

On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 10:36 PM, Daniel Dickman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2021, wen heping wrote:
>
> > Thank your suggestion.
> > wcwidthis a DEPENDS of devel/py-curtsies, so it could be added automatically.
>
> I'm not a huge fan of this implicit approach.
>
> > minimum version check on py-curtsies would be failed because we have curtsies-0.3.1 in portstree.
>
> that's fine the version check is for 0.3.0 or greater, which the current
> tree satisfies. If someone has an older version around for some reason...
> the check will help.
>
> > But I shall submitted another patch to update curtsies.
> > I shall send a revised patch based on your suggestions later.
>
> no update for curtsies needed.
I'll second everything Daniel said and I'll take a look at the revised
submission when it arrives.

~Brian

bpython-0.20.1-p0.diff.txt (6K) Download Attachment