[Update] databases/p5-Mojo-Pg : Update to 4.15

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Update] databases/p5-Mojo-Pg : Update to 4.15

wen heping
Hi,

   Here is a patch for databases/p5-Mojo-Pg:
    i) Update to 4.15
    ii) Fix LICENSE to artistic 2.0
    iii) Add TEST_POD=yes to MAKE_ENV

   It build well and passed all tests on amd64-head system.
   No other ports depends on it.

Comments? OK?
wen

p5-Mojo-Pg-4.15.diff.txt (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Update] databases/p5-Mojo-Pg : Update to 4.15

Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda-2
On Friday, August 30, 2019, wen heping <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    Here is a patch for databases/p5-Mojo-Pg:
>     i) Update to 4.15
>     ii) Fix LICENSE to artistic 2.0
>

Hi Wen,

I think that perl implied artistic 2.0, is that on longer true? (Or has it
never been true? )

Apart from that reads ok to me.

Regards


>     iii) Add TEST_POD=yes to MAKE_ENV
>
>    It build well and passed all tests on amd64-head system.
>    No other ports depends on it.
>
> Comments? OK?
> wen
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Update] databases/p5-Mojo-Pg : Update to 4.15

Charlene Wendling
Hi,

On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 13:32:52 -0500
Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda wrote:

> On Friday, August 30, 2019, wen heping <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >    Here is a patch for databases/p5-Mojo-Pg:
> >     i) Update to 4.15
> >     ii) Fix LICENSE to artistic 2.0
> >
>
> Hi Wen,
>
> I think that perl implied artistic 2.0, is that on longer true? (Or
> has it never been true? )

It's true, but artistic 2.0 per se does not imply Perl as a license
marker (may it be for CPAN or for us).

Perl is distributed under either the GPL or Artistic 2.0 [0], and only
modules mentioning the dual licensing, or the famous "under the same
terms as Perl itself" should have the Perl license marker.

Mojo-Pg is released only under the term of the Artistic 2.0 license
[1], so the fix is real.


OK cwen@


[0] https://dev.perl.org/licenses/
[1] https://metacpan.org/pod/Mojo::Pg#COPYRIGHT-AND-LICENSE

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Update] databases/p5-Mojo-Pg : Update to 4.15

Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda-2
On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 2:22 PM Charlene Wendling <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 13:32:52 -0500
> Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda wrote:
>
> > On Friday, August 30, 2019, wen heping <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >    Here is a patch for databases/p5-Mojo-Pg:
> > >     i) Update to 4.15
> > >     ii) Fix LICENSE to artistic 2.0
> > >
> >
> > Hi Wen,
> >
> > I think that perl implied artistic 2.0, is that on longer true? (Or
> > has it never been true? )
>
> It's true, but artistic 2.0 per se does not imply Perl as a license
> marker (may it be for CPAN or for us).
>
> Perl is distributed under either the GPL or Artistic 2.0 [0], and only
> modules mentioning the dual licensing, or the famous "under the same
> terms as Perl itself" should have the Perl license marker.
>
> Mojo-Pg is released only under the term of the Artistic 2.0 license
> [1], so the fix is real.
>

You are correct. OK maintaner

thanks


>
> OK cwen@
>
>
> [0] https://dev.perl.org/licenses/
> [1] https://metacpan.org/pod/Mojo::Pg#COPYRIGHT-AND-LICENSE
>
>