Unrecognized configure options when building a port

Unrecognized configure options when building a port

Denis Lapshin-2

I'm trying to make port from successfully compiled software on OBSD
platform before porting. When I do

./configure --with-ev=/usr/local

software configures and compiles by gmake as it should be.

But when I add to port's Makefile "CONFIGURE_ARGS" option like below:

---
CONFIGRE_STYLE= gnu
CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-ev=/usr/local

.include <bsd.port.mk>
---

The CONFIGURE_ARGS are not recognized and return WARNING when making:

---
Using /usr/ports/pobj/experimental-port/config.site (generated)
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-ev, --disable-gtk-doc
configure: loading site script /usr/ports/pobj/experimental-port/config.site
checking for gcc... cc
checking host to run the C preprocessor... ^C*** Signal SIGINT in .
(do-configure)
*** Signal SIGINT in . (/usr/ports/pobj/experimental-port/.configure_done)
*** Error 1 in /usr/ports/net/experimental-port
(/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2444 'all')
---

Please advise.

Re: Unrecognized configure options when building a port

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/03/28 12:45, Denis wrote:

> I'm trying to make port from successfully compiled software on OBSD
> platform before porting. When I do
>
> ./configure --with-ev=/usr/local
>
> software configures and compiles by gmake as it should be.
>
> But when I add to port's Makefile "CONFIGURE_ARGS" option like below:
>
> ---
> CONFIGRE_STYLE= gnu
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-ev=/usr/local
>
> .include <bsd.port.mk>
> ---
>
> The CONFIGURE_ARGS are not recognized and return WARNING when making:
>
> ---
> Using /usr/ports/pobj/experimental-port/config.site (generated)
> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-ev, --disable-gtk-doc
> configure: loading site script /usr/ports/pobj/experimental-port/config.site
> checking for gcc... cc
> checking host to run the C preprocessor... ^C*** Signal SIGINT in .
> (do-configure)
> *** Signal SIGINT in . (/usr/ports/pobj/experimental-port/.configure_done)
> *** Error 1 in /usr/ports/net/experimental-port
> (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2444 'all')
> ---
>
> Please advise.

We have no idea what "experimental-port" is doing. Send a WIP port and
maybe someone will take a look.