Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font

Luis Bandarra-3
>Synopsis: Some X11 programs seg fault throw message loading ISO8859
>Category: X11
>Environment:
        System      : OpenBSD 6.8
        Details     : OpenBSD 6.8 (GENERIC.MP) #4: Mon Jan 11 10:35:56 MST 2021
                         [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP

        Architecture: OpenBSD.amd64
        Machine     : amd64
>Description:
        When using some X11 programs, eg. xclipboard, xmessage, they throw
        a segmentation fault, after sending the message:
       
        Warning: Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font

        xclipboard also output this:
        Cannot convert string "-*-courier-medium-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct

        Xclock show warning but works.
        After check the *.core file with gdb I see this information:
        0x00000b317b72b262 in XawAsciiSinkInitialize () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw7.so.15.0
       
        gdb xclipboard xclipboard.core
       
GNU gdb 6.3
Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "amd64-unknown-openbsd6.8"...(no debugging symbols found)

Core was generated by `xclipboard'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
(no debugging symbols found)
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/bin/xclipboard
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw7.so.15.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw7.so.15.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.11.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.11.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.11.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.11.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.17.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.17.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libxkbfile.so.6.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libxkbfile.so.6.0
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.96.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libc.so.96.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.13.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.13.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.9.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.9.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.11.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.11.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.9.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.9.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libxcb.so.4.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libxcb.so.4.1
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXau.so.10.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXau.so.10.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXdmcp.so.11.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXdmcp.so.11.0
Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld.so...Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcursor.so.5.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcursor.so.5.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.6.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.6.0
Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXfixes.so.6.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXfixes.so.6.0
#0  0x0000039eed801262 in XawAsciiSinkInitialize ()
   from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw7.so.15.0
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/X11R6/bin/xclipboard
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x000005aaf51b9262 in XawAsciiSinkInitialize () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw7.so.15.0

>How-To-Repeat:
       
>Fix:
       


dmesg:
OpenBSD 6.8 (GENERIC.MP) #4: Mon Jan 11 10:35:56 MST 2021
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 8452829184 (8061MB)
avail mem = 8181604352 (7802MB)
random: good seed from bootblocks
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.7 @ 0xbcd3d000 (60 entries)
bios0: vendor LENOVO version "GIET98WW (2.48 )" date 08/08/2019
bios0: LENOVO 20AMA1Y3UK
acpi0 at bios0: ACPI 5.0
acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SLIC DBGP ECDT HPET APIC MCFG SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT PCCT SSDT TCPA UEFI MSDM ASF! BATB FPDT UEFI BGRT
acpi0: wakeup devices LID_(S4) SLPB(S3) IGBE(S4) EXP2(S4) XHCI(S3) EHC1(S3)
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpiec0 at acpi0
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 798.29 MHz, 06-45-01
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,TSC_ADJUST,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,SRBDS_CTRL,MD_CLEAR,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,L1DF,SSBD,SENSOR,ARAT,XSAVEOPT,MELTDOWN
cpu0: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 10 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 99MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.1.2.4.1.1.1, IBE
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 798.16 MHz, 06-45-01
cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,TSC_ADJUST,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,SRBDS_CTRL,MD_CLEAR,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,L1DF,SSBD,SENSOR,ARAT,XSAVEOPT,MELTDOWN
cpu1: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu1: smt 1, core 0, package 0
cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
cpu2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 798.16 MHz, 06-45-01
cpu2: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,TSC_ADJUST,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,SRBDS_CTRL,MD_CLEAR,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,L1DF,SSBD,SENSOR,ARAT,XSAVEOPT,MELTDOWN
cpu2: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu2: smt 0, core 1, package 0
cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 3 (application processor)
cpu3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 798.16 MHz, 06-45-01
cpu3: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,TSC_ADJUST,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,SRBDS_CTRL,MD_CLEAR,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,L1DF,SSBD,SENSOR,ARAT,XSAVEOPT,MELTDOWN
cpu3: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu3: smt 1, core 1, package 0
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 40 pins
acpimcfg0 at acpi0
acpimcfg0: addr 0xf8000000, bus 0-63
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG_)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (EXP1)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 3 (EXP2)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP3)
acpibtn0 at acpi0: LID_
acpibtn1 at acpi0: SLPB
acpipci0 at acpi0 PCI0: 0x00000000 0x00000011 0x00000001
acpicmos0 at acpi0
tpm0 at acpi0 TPM_ addr 0xfed40000/0x5000, device 0x0000104a rev 0x4e
acpibat0 at acpi0: BAT0 model "45N1773" serial 16050 type LION oem "SANYO"
acpibat1 at acpi0: BAT1 model "45N1127" serial   674 type LION oem "LGC"
acpiac0 at acpi0: AC unit offline
acpithinkpad0 at acpi0: version 1.0
"PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
"INT340F" at acpi0 not configured
acpicpu0 at acpi0: C3(200@506 mwait.1@0x60), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: C3(200@506 mwait.1@0x60), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu2 at acpi0: C3(200@506 mwait.1@0x60), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu3 at acpi0: C3(200@506 mwait.1@0x60), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpipwrres0 at acpi0: PUBS, resource for XHCI, EHC1
acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 200 degC
acpivideo0 at acpi0: VID_
acpivout0 at acpivideo0: LCD0
acpivideo1 at acpi0: VID_
cpu0: using VERW MDS workaround (except on vmm entry)
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 798 MHz: speeds: 2501, 2500, 2400, 2200, 2100, 1900, 1800, 1700, 1600, 1500, 1300, 1200, 1100, 1000, 800, 775 MHz
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Core 4G Host" rev 0x0b
inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel HD Graphics" rev 0x0b
drm0 at inteldrm0
inteldrm0: msi, HASWELL, gen 7
azalia0 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 "Intel Core 4G HD Audio" rev 0x0b: msi
azalia0: No codecs found
xhci0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 "Intel 8 Series xHCI" rev 0x04: msi, xHCI 1.0
usb0 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
uhub0 at usb0 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
"Intel 8 Series MEI" rev 0x04 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 not configured
puc0 at pci0 dev 22 function 3 "Intel 8 Series KT" rev 0x04: ports: 16 com
com4 at puc0 port 0 apic 2 int 17: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
com4: probed fifo depth: 0 bytes
em0 at pci0 dev 25 function 0 "Intel I218-LM" rev 0x04: msi, address 28:d2:44:98:1e:c2
azalia1 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 8 Series HD Audio" rev 0x04: msi
azalia1: codecs: Realtek ALC292
audio0 at azalia1
ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 8 Series PCIE" rev 0xe4: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 2
rtsx0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Realtek RTS5227 Card Reader" rev 0x01: msi
sdmmc0 at rtsx0: 4-bit, dma
ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 1 "Intel 8 Series PCIE" rev 0xe4: msi
pci2 at ppb1 bus 3
iwm0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260" rev 0x83, msi
ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 8 Series USB" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 23
usb1 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub1 at usb1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 8 Series LPC" rev 0x04
ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 8 Series AHCI" rev 0x04: msi, AHCI 1.3
ahci0: port 0: 6.0Gb/s
scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, KINGSTON SA400S3, SBFK> naa.50026b738042cbde
sd0: 228936MB, 512 bytes/sector, 468862128 sectors, thin
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 8 Series SMBus" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 18
iic0 at ichiic0
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800 SO-DIMM
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
wsmouse1 at pms0 mux 0
pms0: Synaptics clickpad, firmware 8.1, 0x1e2b1 0x940300 0x29bd40 0xd001a3 0x127c00
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
efifb at mainbus0 not configured
uhidev0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Yubico YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID" rev 2.00/5.24 addr 2
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
uhidev1 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "Yubico YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID" rev 2.00/5.24 addr 2
uhidev1: iclass 3/0
fido0 at uhidev1: input=64, output=64, feature=0
ugen0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 "Yubico YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID" rev 2.00/5.24 addr 2
uhub2 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Terminus Technology USB 2.0 Hub" rev 2.00/1.11 addr 3
uhidev2 at uhub2 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "??\^D??\^A?????????\^A????\^A?6??\^E?? " rev 2.00/0.01 addr 4
uhidev2: iclass 3/1
ukbd1 at uhidev2: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
wskbd2 at ukbd1 mux 1
uhidev3 at uhub2 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1 "??\^D??\^A?????????\^A????\^A?6??\^E?? " rev 2.00/0.01 addr 4
uhidev3: iclass 3/1, 1 report id
ums0 at uhidev3 reportid 1: 5 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse2 at ums0 mux 0
uhub3 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel Rate Matching Hub" rev 2.00/0.04 addr 2
vscsi0 at root
scsibus2 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus3 at softraid0: 256 targets
root on sd0a (a0aece156fef2ecd.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
inteldrm0: 1366x768, 32bpp
wsdisplay0 at inteldrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation), using wskbd0
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
wskbd2: connecting to wsdisplay0
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
iwm0: hw rev 0x140, fw ver 17.3216344376.0, address e8:2a:ea:7c:8b:66

usbdevs:
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 01: 8086:0000 Intel, xHCI root hub
         super speed, self powered, config 1, rev 1.00
         driver: uhub0
addr 02: 1050:0407 Yubico, YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID
         full speed, power 30 mA, config 1, rev 5.24
         driver: uhidev0
         driver: uhidev1
         driver: ugen0
addr 03: 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology, USB 2.0 Hub
         high speed, self powered, config 1, rev 1.11
         driver: uhub2
addr 04: 0c45:7403 ??\^D??\^A?????????\^A????\^A?6??\^E??,
         full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, rev 0.01
         driver: uhidev2
         driver: uhidev3
Controller /dev/usb1:
addr 01: 8086:0000 Intel, EHCI root hub
         high speed, self powered, config 1, rev 1.00
         driver: uhub1
addr 02: 8087:8000 Intel, Rate Matching Hub
         high speed, self powered, config 1, rev 0.04
         driver: uhub3

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font

Luis Bandarra-3

Sorry, forgot to send full information.

Xorg.0.log append to end.

Thank you.


>‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
>
>On Tuesday, February 16th, 2021 at 4:39 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> > Synopsis: Some X11 programs seg fault throw message loading ISO8859
>> >
>> > Category: X11
>> >
>> > Environment:
>>
>>     System      : OpenBSD 6.8
>>     Details     : OpenBSD 6.8 (GENERIC.MP) #4: Mon Jan 11 10:35:56 MST 2021
>>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
>>
>>
>> Architecture: OpenBSD.amd64
>>
>> Machine : amd64
>>
>> > Description:
>>
>>     When using some X11 programs, eg. xclipboard, xmessage, they throw
>>     a segmentation fault, after sending the message:
>>
>>
>> Warning: Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font
>>
>> xclipboard also output this:
>>
>> Cannot convert string "--courier-medium-r-normal---120-----iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
>>
>> Xclock show warning but works.
>>
>> After check the *.core file with gdb I see this information:
>>
>> 0x00000b317b72b262 in XawAsciiSinkInitialize () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw7.so.15.0
>>
>> gdb xclipboard xclipboard.core
>>
>> GNU gdb 6.3
>>
>> Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>>
>> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
>>
>> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
>>
>> Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>>
>> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
>>
>> This GDB was configured as "amd64-unknown-openbsd6.8"...(no debugging symbols found)
>>
>> Core was generated by `xclipboard'.
>>
>> Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
>>
>> (no debugging symbols found)
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/bin/xclipboard
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw7.so.15.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw7.so.15.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.11.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.11.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.11.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.11.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.17.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.17.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libxkbfile.so.6.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libxkbfile.so.6.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.96.0...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libc.so.96.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.13.0...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.13.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.9.0...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.9.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.11.0...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.11.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.9.0...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.9.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libxcb.so.4.1...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libxcb.so.4.1
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXau.so.10.0...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXau.so.10.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXdmcp.so.11.0...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXdmcp.so.11.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld.so...Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcursor.so.5.0...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcursor.so.5.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.6.0...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.6.0
>>
>> Reading symbols from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXfixes.so.6.0...done.
>>
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXfixes.so.6.0
>>
>> #0 0x0000039eed801262 in XawAsciiSinkInitialize ()
>>
>> from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw7.so.15.0
>>
>> (gdb) r
>>
>> Starting program: /usr/X11R6/bin/xclipboard
>>
>> (no debugging symbols found)
>>
>> (no debugging symbols found)
>>
>> (no debugging symbols found)
>>
>> (no debugging symbols found)
>>
>> (no debugging symbols found)
>>
>> (no debugging symbols found)
>>
>> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>>
>> 0x000005aaf51b9262 in XawAsciiSinkInitialize () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw7.so.15.0
>>

        Run fc-cache without errors. Any pointers where can be more info
        about this so I can debug more?

>> > How-To-Repeat:
        Run xclipboard.

>> > Fix:
        Didn't find a fix.

>>
>> dmesg:
>>
>> OpenBSD 6.8 (GENERIC.MP) #4: Mon Jan 11 10:35:56 MST 2021
>>
>> [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
>>
>> real mem = 8452829184 (8061MB)
>>
>> avail mem = 8181604352 (7802MB)
>>
>> random: good seed from bootblocks
>>
>> mpath0 at root
>>
>> scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
>>
>> mainbus0 at root
>>
>> bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.7 @ 0xbcd3d000 (60 entries)
>>
>> bios0: vendor LENOVO version "GIET98WW (2.48 )" date 08/08/2019
>>
>> bios0: LENOVO 20AMA1Y3UK
>>
>> acpi0 at bios0: ACPI 5.0
>>
>> acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
>>
>> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SLIC DBGP ECDT HPET APIC MCFG SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT PCCT SSDT TCPA UEFI MSDM ASF! BATB FPDT UEFI BGRT
>>
>> acpi0: wakeup devices LID_(S4) SLPB(S3) IGBE(S4) EXP2(S4) XHCI(S3) EHC1(S3)
>>
>> acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
>>
>> acpiec0 at acpi0
>>
>> acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
>>
>> acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
>>
>> cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
>>
>> cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 798.29 MHz, 06-45-01
>>
>> cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,TSC_ADJUST,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,SRBDS_CTRL,MD_CLEAR,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,L1DF,SSBD,SENSOR,ARAT,XSAVEOPT,MELTDOWN
>>
>> cpu0: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
>>
>> cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
>>
>> mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 10 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
>>
>> cpu0: apic clock running at 99MHz
>>
>> cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.1.2.4.1.1.1, IBE
>>
>> cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
>>
>> cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 798.16 MHz, 06-45-01
>>
>> cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,TSC_ADJUST,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,SRBDS_CTRL,MD_CLEAR,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,L1DF,SSBD,SENSOR,ARAT,XSAVEOPT,MELTDOWN
>>
>> cpu1: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
>>
>> cpu1: smt 1, core 0, package 0
>>
>> cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
>>
>> cpu2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 798.16 MHz, 06-45-01
>>
>> cpu2: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,TSC_ADJUST,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,SRBDS_CTRL,MD_CLEAR,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,L1DF,SSBD,SENSOR,ARAT,XSAVEOPT,MELTDOWN
>>
>> cpu2: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
>>
>> cpu2: smt 0, core 1, package 0
>>
>> cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 3 (application processor)
>>
>> cpu3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 798.16 MHz, 06-45-01
>>
>> cpu3: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,TSC_ADJUST,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,SRBDS_CTRL,MD_CLEAR,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,L1DF,SSBD,SENSOR,ARAT,XSAVEOPT,MELTDOWN
>>
>> cpu3: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
>>
>> cpu3: smt 1, core 1, package 0
>>
>> ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 40 pins
>>
>> acpimcfg0 at acpi0
>>
>> acpimcfg0: addr 0xf8000000, bus 0-63
>>
>> acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
>>
>> acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG_)
>>
>> acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (EXP1)
>>
>> acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 3 (EXP2)
>>
>> acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP3)
>>
>> acpibtn0 at acpi0: LID_
>>
>> acpibtn1 at acpi0: SLPB
>>
>> acpipci0 at acpi0 PCI0: 0x00000000 0x00000011 0x00000001
>>
>> acpicmos0 at acpi0
>>
>> tpm0 at acpi0 TPM_ addr 0xfed40000/0x5000, device 0x0000104a rev 0x4e
>>
>> acpibat0 at acpi0: BAT0 model "45N1773" serial 16050 type LION oem "SANYO"
>>
>> acpibat1 at acpi0: BAT1 model "45N1127" serial 674 type LION oem "LGC"
>>
>> acpiac0 at acpi0: AC unit offline
>>
>> acpithinkpad0 at acpi0: version 1.0
>>
>> "PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
>>
>> "PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
>>
>> "PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
>>
>> "INT340F" at acpi0 not configured
>>
>> acpicpu0 at acpi0: C3(200@506 mwait.1@0x60), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
>>
>> acpicpu1 at acpi0: C3(200@506 mwait.1@0x60), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
>>
>> acpicpu2 at acpi0: C3(200@506 mwait.1@0x60), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
>>
>> acpicpu3 at acpi0: C3(200@506 mwait.1@0x60), C2(200@148 mwait.1@0x33), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
>>
>> acpipwrres0 at acpi0: PUBS, resource for XHCI, EHC1
>>
>> acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 200 degC
>>
>> acpivideo0 at acpi0: VID_
>>
>> acpivout0 at acpivideo0: LCD0
>>
>> acpivideo1 at acpi0: VID_
>>
>> cpu0: using VERW MDS workaround (except on vmm entry)
>>
>> cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 798 MHz: speeds: 2501, 2500, 2400, 2200, 2100, 1900, 1800, 1700, 1600, 1500, 1300, 1200, 1100, 1000, 800, 775 MHz
>>
>> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
>>
>> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Core 4G Host" rev 0x0b
>>
>> inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel HD Graphics" rev 0x0b
>>
>> drm0 at inteldrm0
>>
>> inteldrm0: msi, HASWELL, gen 7
>>
>> azalia0 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 "Intel Core 4G HD Audio" rev 0x0b: msi
>>
>> azalia0: No codecs found
>>
>> xhci0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 "Intel 8 Series xHCI" rev 0x04: msi, xHCI 1.0
>>
>> usb0 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
>>
>> uhub0 at usb0 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
>>
>> "Intel 8 Series MEI" rev 0x04 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 not configured
>>
>> puc0 at pci0 dev 22 function 3 "Intel 8 Series KT" rev 0x04: ports: 16 com
>>
>> com4 at puc0 port 0 apic 2 int 17: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
>>
>> com4: probed fifo depth: 0 bytes
>>
>> em0 at pci0 dev 25 function 0 "Intel I218-LM" rev 0x04: msi, address 28:d2:44:98:1e:c2
>>
>> azalia1 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 8 Series HD Audio" rev 0x04: msi
>>
>> azalia1: codecs: Realtek ALC292
>>
>> audio0 at azalia1
>>
>> ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 8 Series PCIE" rev 0xe4: msi
>>
>> pci1 at ppb0 bus 2
>>
>> rtsx0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Realtek RTS5227 Card Reader" rev 0x01: msi
>>
>> sdmmc0 at rtsx0: 4-bit, dma
>>
>> ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 1 "Intel 8 Series PCIE" rev 0xe4: msi
>>
>> pci2 at ppb1 bus 3
>>
>> iwm0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260" rev 0x83, msi
>>
>> ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 8 Series USB" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 23
>>
>> usb1 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
>>
>> uhub1 at usb1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
>>
>> pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 8 Series LPC" rev 0x04
>>
>> ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 8 Series AHCI" rev 0x04: msi, AHCI 1.3
>>
>> ahci0: port 0: 6.0Gb/s
>>
>> scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
>>
>> sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, KINGSTON SA400S3, SBFK> naa.50026b738042cbde
>>
>> sd0: 228936MB, 512 bytes/sector, 468862128 sectors, thin
>>
>> ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 8 Series SMBus" rev 0x04: apic 2 int 18
>>
>> iic0 at ichiic0
>>
>> spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800 SO-DIMM
>>
>> isa0 at pcib0
>>
>> isadma0 at isa0
>>
>> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
>>
>> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
>>
>> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard
>>
>> pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
>>
>> wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
>>
>> wsmouse1 at pms0 mux 0
>>
>> pms0: Synaptics clickpad, firmware 8.1, 0x1e2b1 0x940300 0x29bd40 0xd001a3 0x127c00
>>
>> pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
>>
>> spkr0 at pcppi0
>>
>> efifb at mainbus0 not configured
>>
>> uhidev0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Yubico YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID" rev 2.00/5.24 addr 2
>>
>> uhidev0: iclass 3/1
>>
>> ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
>>
>> wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
>>
>> uhidev1 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "Yubico YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID" rev 2.00/5.24 addr 2
>>
>> uhidev1: iclass 3/0
>>
>> fido0 at uhidev1: input=64, output=64, feature=0
>>
>> ugen0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 "Yubico YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID" rev 2.00/5.24 addr 2
>>
>> uhub2 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Terminus Technology USB 2.0 Hub" rev 2.00/1.11 addr 3
>>
>> uhidev2 at uhub2 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "??\^D??\^A?????????\^A????\^A?6??\^E?? " rev 2.00/0.01 addr 4
>>
>> uhidev2: iclass 3/1
>>
>> ukbd1 at uhidev2: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
>>
>> wskbd2 at ukbd1 mux 1
>>
>> uhidev3 at uhub2 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1 "??\^D??\^A?????????\^A????\^A?6??\^E?? " rev 2.00/0.01 addr 4
>>
>> uhidev3: iclass 3/1, 1 report id
>>
>> ums0 at uhidev3 reportid 1: 5 buttons, Z dir
>>
>> wsmouse2 at ums0 mux 0
>>
>> uhub3 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel Rate Matching Hub" rev 2.00/0.04 addr 2
>>
>> vscsi0 at root
>>
>> scsibus2 at vscsi0: 256 targets
>>
>> softraid0 at root
>>
>> scsibus3 at softraid0: 256 targets
>>
>> root on sd0a (a0aece156fef2ecd.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
>>
>> inteldrm0: 1366x768, 32bpp
>>
>> wsdisplay0 at inteldrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation), using wskbd0
>>
>> wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
>>
>> wskbd2: connecting to wsdisplay0
>>
>> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
>>
>> iwm0: hw rev 0x140, fw ver 17.3216344376.0, address e8:2a:ea:7c:8b:66
>>
>> usbdevs:
>>
>> Controller /dev/usb0:
>>
>> addr 01: 8086:0000 Intel, xHCI root hub
>>
>> super speed, self powered, config 1, rev 1.00
>>
>> driver: uhub0
>>
>> addr 02: 1050:0407 Yubico, YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID
>>
>> full speed, power 30 mA, config 1, rev 5.24
>>
>> driver: uhidev0
>>
>> driver: uhidev1
>>
>> driver: ugen0
>>
>> addr 03: 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology, USB 2.0 Hub
>>
>> high speed, self powered, config 1, rev 1.11
>>
>> driver: uhub2
>>
>> addr 04: 0c45:7403 ??\^D??\^A?????????\^A????\^A?6??\^E??,
>>
>> full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, rev 0.01
>>
>> driver: uhidev2
>>
>> driver: uhidev3
>>
>> Controller /dev/usb1:
>>
>> addr 01: 8086:0000 Intel, EHCI root hub
>>
>> high speed, self powered, config 1, rev 1.00
>>
>> driver: uhub1
>>
>> addr 02: 8087:8000 Intel, Rate Matching Hub
>>
>> high speed, self powered, config 1, rev 0.04
>>
>> driver: uhub3

Xorg.log

[    39.691] (WW) checkDevMem: failed to open /dev/xf86 and /dev/mem
        (Operation not permitted)
        Check that you have set 'machdep.allowaperture=1'
        in /etc/sysctl.conf and reboot your machine
        refer to xf86(4) for details
[    39.691] linear framebuffer access unavailable
[    39.710] (--) Using wscons driver on /dev/ttyC4
[    39.731]
X.Org X Server 1.20.8
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[    39.731] Build Operating System: OpenBSD 6.8 amd64
[    39.731] Current Operating System: OpenBSD thinky.laruibasar.pt 6.8 GENERIC.MP#4 amd64
[    39.731] Build Date: 24 November 2020  06:57:35AM
[    39.731]  
[    39.731] Current version of pixman: 0.38.4
[    39.731] Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
[    39.731] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[    39.731] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Feb 16 15:47:13 2021
[    39.733] (==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[    39.733] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/X11R6/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[    39.739] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
[    39.739] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
[    39.739] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
[    39.739] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
[    39.741] (==) No device specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
        Using the first device section listed.
[    39.741] (**) |   |-->Device "drm"
[    39.741] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
        Using a default monitor configuration.
[    39.741] (==) Automatically adding devices
[    39.741] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[    39.741] (==) Not automatically adding GPU devices
[    39.741] (==) Max clients allowed: 256, resource mask: 0x1fffff
[    39.749] (==) FontPath set to:
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/OTF/,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/
[    39.749] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
[    39.749] (II) The server relies on wscons to provide the list of input devices.
        If no devices become available, reconfigure wscons or disable AutoAddDevices.
[    39.750] (II) Loader magic: 0x4bbe404f940
[    39.750] (II) Module ABI versions:
[    39.750] X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[    39.750] X.Org Video Driver: 24.1
[    39.750] X.Org XInput driver : 24.1
[    39.750] X.Org Server Extension : 10.0
[    39.750] (--) PCI:*(0@0:2:0) 8086:0a16:17aa:2214 rev 11, Mem @ 0xe0000000/4194304, 0xc0000000/536870912, I/O @ 0x00003000/64
[    39.750] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[    39.753] (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[    39.768] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    39.768] compiled for 1.20.8, module version = 1.0.0
[    39.768] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 10.0
[    39.768] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
[    39.769] (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
[    39.772] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    39.772] compiled for 1.20.8, module version = 2.99.916
[    39.772] Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    39.772] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.1
[    39.773] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Integrated Graphics Chipsets:
        i810, i810-dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 854, 852GM/855GM, 865G,
        915G, E7221 (i915), 915GM, 945G, 945GM, 945GME, Pineview GM,
        Pineview G, 965G, G35, 965Q, 946GZ, 965GM, 965GME/GLE, G33, Q35, Q33,
        GM45, 4 Series, G45/G43, Q45/Q43, G41, B43
[    39.773] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) HD Graphics: 2000-6000
[    39.773] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics: 5100, 6100
[    39.773] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics: 5200, 6200, P6300
[    39.792] (II) intel(0): Using Kernel Mode Setting driver: i915, version 1.6.0 20200313
[    39.793] (--) intel(0): Integrated Graphics Chipset: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
[    39.793] (--) intel(0): CPU: x86-64, sse2, sse3, ssse3, sse4.1, sse4.2, avx, avx2
[    39.793] (II) intel(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
        "Default Screen Section" for depth/fbbpp 24/32
[    39.793] (==) intel(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
[    39.793] (==) intel(0): RGB weight 888
[    39.793] (==) intel(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[    39.793] (**) intel(0): Option "TearFree" "true"
[    39.795] (II) intel(0): Output eDP1 has no monitor section
[    39.801] (--) intel(0): Found backlight control interface wscons (type 'platform') for output eDP1
[    39.801] (II) intel(0): Enabled output eDP1
[    39.801] (II) intel(0): Output DP1 has no monitor section
[    39.801] (II) intel(0): Enabled output DP1
[    39.801] (II) intel(0): Output HDMI1 has no monitor section
[    39.801] (II) intel(0): Enabled output HDMI1
[    39.801] (II) intel(0): Output DP2 has no monitor section
[    39.801] (II) intel(0): Enabled output DP2
[    39.801] (II) intel(0): Output HDMI2 has no monitor section
[    39.801] (II) intel(0): Enabled output HDMI2
[    39.801] (--) intel(0): Using a maximum size of 256x256 for hardware cursors
[    39.801] (II) intel(0): Output VIRTUAL1 has no monitor section
[    39.802] (II) intel(0): Enabled output VIRTUAL1
[    39.802] (--) intel(0): Output eDP1 using initial mode 1366x768 on pipe 0
[    39.802] (--) intel(0): Output DP2 using initial mode 1920x1080 on pipe 1
[    39.802] (**) intel(0): TearFree enabled
[    39.802] (==) intel(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
[    39.802] (==) intel(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
[    39.802] (II) Loading sub module "dri3"
[    39.802] (II) LoadModule: "dri3"
[    39.802] (II) Module "dri3" already built-in
[    39.802] (II) Loading sub module "dri2"
[    39.802] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
[    39.802] (II) Module "dri2" already built-in
[    39.802] (II) Loading sub module "present"
[    39.802] (II) LoadModule: "present"
[    39.802] (II) Module "present" already built-in
[    39.807] (II) intel(0): SNA initialized with Haswell (gen7.5, gt2) backend
[    39.807] (==) intel(0): Backing store enabled
[    39.808] (==) intel(0): Silken mouse enabled
[    39.808] (II) intel(0): HW Cursor enabled
[    39.812] (==) intel(0): DPMS enabled
[    39.813] (II) intel(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
[    39.813] (II) intel(0): [DRI2]   DRI driver: i965
[    39.813] (II) intel(0): [DRI2]   VDPAU driver: i965
[    39.814] (II) intel(0): direct rendering: DRI2 DRI3 enabled
[    39.815] (II) intel(0): hardware support for Present enabled
[    39.815] (II) Initializing extension Generic Event Extension
[    39.816] (II) Initializing extension SHAPE
[    39.816] (II) Initializing extension MIT-SHM
[    39.817] (II) Initializing extension XInputExtension
[    39.818] (II) Initializing extension XTEST
[    39.818] (II) Initializing extension BIG-REQUESTS
[    39.819] (II) Initializing extension SYNC
[    39.819] (II) Initializing extension XKEYBOARD
[    39.820] (II) Initializing extension XC-MISC
[    39.821] (II) Initializing extension SECURITY
[    39.821] (II) Initializing extension XFIXES
[    39.822] (II) Initializing extension RENDER
[    39.823] (II) Initializing extension RANDR
[    39.824] (II) Initializing extension COMPOSITE
[    39.826] (II) Initializing extension DAMAGE
[    39.826] (II) Initializing extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
[    39.827] (II) Initializing extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
[    39.828] (II) Initializing extension RECORD
[    39.828] (II) Initializing extension DPMS
[    39.829] (II) Initializing extension Present
[    39.829] (II) Initializing extension DRI3
[    39.830] (II) Initializing extension X-Resource
[    39.830] (II) Initializing extension XVideo
[    39.831] (II) Initializing extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
[    39.831] (II) Initializing extension GLX
[    39.887] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized i965
[    39.887] (II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0
[    39.887] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
[    39.888] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-DGA
[    39.888] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-DRI
[    39.889] (II) Initializing extension DRI2
[    39.899] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1366x768@60.0 on eDP1 using pipe 0, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
[    39.916] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1920x1080@60.0 on DP2 using pipe 1, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
[    39.941] (II) intel(0): Setting screen physical size to 508 x 285
[    40.094] (II) config/wscons: checking input device /dev/wskbd
[    40.094] (II) wskbd: using layout gb
[    40.094] (II) LoadModule: "kbd"
[    40.096] (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/kbd_drv.so
[    40.097] (II) Module kbd: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    40.097] compiled for 1.20.8, module version = 1.9.0
[    40.097] Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    40.097] ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 24.1
[    40.097] (II) Using input driver 'kbd' for '/dev/wskbd'
[    40.097] (**) /dev/wskbd: always reports core events
[    40.097] (**) /dev/wskbd: always reports core events
[    40.097] (**) Option "Protocol" "standard"
[    40.097] (**) Option "XkbRules" "base"
[    40.097] (**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
[    40.097] (**) Option "XkbLayout" "gb"
[    40.097] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "/dev/wskbd" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)
[    40.318] (II) config/wscons: checking input device /dev/wsmouse0
[    40.318] (II) LoadModule: "ws"
[    40.319] (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/ws_drv.so
[    40.320] (II) Module ws: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    40.320] compiled for 1.20.8, module version = 1.3.0
[    40.320] Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    40.320] ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 24.1
[    40.320] (II) Using input driver 'ws' for '/dev/wsmouse0'
[    40.320] (**) /dev/wsmouse0: always reports core events
[    40.320] (II) ws: /dev/wsmouse0: debuglevel 0
[    40.320] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/wsmouse0"
[    40.320] (**) ws: /dev/wsmouse0: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    40.320] (**) ws: /dev/wsmouse0: WAxisMapping: buttons 6 and 7
[    40.320] (**) ws: /dev/wsmouse0: associated screen: 0
[    40.502] (II) ws: /dev/wsmouse0: minimum x position: 0
[    40.502] (II) ws: /dev/wsmouse0: maximum x position: 1919
[    40.502] (II) ws: /dev/wsmouse0: minimum y position: 0
[    40.502] (II) ws: /dev/wsmouse0: maximum y position: 1079
[    40.502] (==) ws: /dev/wsmouse0: Buttons: 7
[    40.507] (**) ws: /dev/wsmouse0: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    40.507] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "/dev/wsmouse0" (type: MOUSE, id 7)
[    40.690] (**) /dev/wsmouse0: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    40.690] (**) /dev/wsmouse0: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    40.691] (**) /dev/wsmouse0: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    40.691] (**) /dev/wsmouse0: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    40.693] (II) config/wscons: checking input device /dev/wsmouse
[    40.693] (II) Using input driver 'ws' for '/dev/wsmouse'
[    40.693] (**) /dev/wsmouse: always reports core events
[    40.693] (II) ws: /dev/wsmouse: debuglevel 0
[    40.693] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/wsmouse"
[    40.693] (**) ws: /dev/wsmouse: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    40.693] (**) ws: /dev/wsmouse: WAxisMapping: buttons 6 and 7
[    40.693] (**) ws: /dev/wsmouse: associated screen: 0
[    40.694] (II) ws: /dev/wsmouse: minimum x position: 0
[    40.694] (II) ws: /dev/wsmouse: maximum x position: 1919
[    40.694] (II) ws: /dev/wsmouse: minimum y position: 0
[    40.694] (II) ws: /dev/wsmouse: maximum y position: 1079
[    40.694] (==) ws: /dev/wsmouse: Buttons: 7
[    40.696] (**) ws: /dev/wsmouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    40.696] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "/dev/wsmouse" (type: MOUSE, id 8)
[    40.696] (**) /dev/wsmouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    40.696] (**) /dev/wsmouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    40.696] (**) /dev/wsmouse: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    40.696] (**) /dev/wsmouse: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[   906.361] (II) intel(0): EDID vendor "LGD", prod id 973
[   906.361] (II) intel(0): Printing DDC gathered Modelines:
[   906.361] (II) intel(0): Modeline "1366x768"x0.0   74.80  1366 1414 1446 1578  768 770 775 790 -hsync -vsync (47.4 kHz eP)
[  1503.768] (II) intel(0): resizing framebuffer to 3286x1080
[  1503.805] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1920x1080@60.0 on DP2 using pipe 1, position (1366, 0), rotation normal, reflection none

--

Luis Bandarra

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font

Luis Bandarra-3
I found more information and a fix, even if I don't fully understand.

..snip..

>>
>>>> Description:
>>>
>>>    When using some X11 programs, eg. xclipboard, xmessage, they throw
>>>    a segmentation fault, after sending the message:
>>>
>>>
>>>Warning: Unable to load any usable ISO8859 font
>>>
>>>xclipboard also output this:
>>>
>>>Cannot convert string "--courier-medium-r-normal---120-----iso8859-1" to type FontStruct

It seems the font wasn't on the system, which is strange because I didn't
think I change the base install.

I ran, as per indication of man xlsfonts, to check if font existed:

$ xlsfonts -fn '-*-courier-medium-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--12-120-75-75-m-70-iso8859-1
-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--17-120-100-100-m-0-iso8859-1
-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--17-120-100-100-m-0-iso8859-1
-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--17-120-100-100-m-100-iso8859-1

And there it was. For easy testing I changed
/usr/X11R6/share/X11/app-defaults/XClipboard font info to

*Text*Font: -*-courier-*-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1

And it worked!

For a fix, I added to $HOME/.Xresources a catchall for fonts:
*font : spleen-16x32

and is all good.

..snip..

--

Luis Bandarra