USB power management

Thuban
Hi,
this might look as a stupid question, but I'm stuck and don't know where
to look at this point.
How would you disable an USB port?
I would like to power off a USB drive (flashing blue LED at night) but
keep it plugged, and power on when I need it.

Any advice?

Regards.
    thuban

Re: USB power management

Jeff Ross
Black electrical tape is my go to solution for those obnoxious flashing
leds.

Jeff

On 6/12/18 12:17 PM, Thuban wrote:

> Hi,
> this might look as a stupid question, but I'm stuck and don't know where
> to look at this point.
> How would you disable an USB port?
> I would like to power off a USB drive (flashing blue LED at night) but
> keep it plugged, and power on when I need it.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Regards.

Re: USB power management

Ve Telko
This would be cool :) I could turn my LED USB mini-lamp on or off.

Ve

Re: USB power management

Il Ka
I am not 100% sure, but I believe that to disable USB device OS uses
"suspend" device hub controller feature.

According to
http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/Suspending-USB-devices-from-userland-td259075.html

This is not possible in OpenBSD.