USB mouse detached when moving wheel fast

USB mouse detached when moving wheel fast

Roderick
Dear Sirs!

When I move the mouse too fast / not slow enough, I get the following
in dmesg, many times:

wsmouse0 detached
ums0 detached
uhidev0 detached
uhidev0 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "MOON AND" rev 1.00/0.10 addr 2
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
<<

This affects negatively the responsiveness of the mouse. It may
also happen, that the mouse is not recognized again.

I observed this behaviour with OpenBSD 4.8 and OpenBSD 5.8
in different machines, as also with FreeBSD.

I have little experience with USB mouses and use till today
a PS/2 mouse: the wheel is with PS/2 very responsive independent
of the speed.

Is this normal? Is it a problem of the mouse? Is it the
(automatic) configuration of X11? Can I do something against
it?

Thanks
Rodrigo.

Re: USB mouse detached when moving wheel fast

Marko Cupać
On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 13:39:25 +0000 (GMT)
Roderich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Sirs!
>
> When I move the mouse too fast / not slow enough, I get the following
> in dmesg, many times:
>

> wsmouse0 detached
> ums0 detached
> uhidev0 detached
> uhidev0 at uhub4 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "MOON AND" rev
> 1.00/0.10 addr 2 uhidev0: iclass 3/1
> ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons, Z dir
> wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
> <<
>
> This affects negatively the responsiveness of the mouse. It may
> also happen, that the mouse is not recognized again.
>
> I observed this behaviour with OpenBSD 4.8 and OpenBSD 5.8
> in different machines, as also with FreeBSD.
>
> I have little experience with USB mouses and use till today
> a PS/2 mouse: the wheel is with PS/2 very responsive independent
> of the speed.
>
> Is this normal? Is it a problem of the mouse? Is it the
> (automatic) configuration of X11? Can I do something against
> it?
>
> Thanks
> Rodrigo.

You can easily eliminate the possibility of a broken mouse by trying
another one ;)
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/