USB CD/DVD burner

Austin Gilbert
I'm looking for recommendations for external USB DVD burners that work with OpenBSD 5.7 (amd64).

I did a bit of searching, the Amazon page for Samsung's TSST Ultra-slim optical drive SE-208GB/RSLF pulled up. Apparently, there was a comment there at one time referring to OpenBSD but it is no longer visible.

Anyone know if the Samsung I mentioned works or have a model they know will work?

Thanks in advance,
Austin

Re: USB CD/DVD burner

Ted Unangst-6
Austin Gilbert wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations for external USB DVD burners that work with OpenBSD 5.7 (amd64).
>
> I did a bit of searching, the Amazon page for Samsung's TSST Ultra-slim optical drive SE-208GB/RSLF pulled up. Apparently, there was a comment there at one time referring to OpenBSD but it is no longer visible.
>
> Anyone know if the Samsung I mentioned works or have a model they know will work?

that or something like it has always worked for me. there isn't much magic
involved these days.

Re: USB CD/DVD burner

L.R. D.S.
I don't know about this Samsung, but I have one TSSTcorp TS-H653G and this one
work fine with cdio.

Re: USB CD/DVD burner

Matthew Martin-2
LG/Hitachi GP08NU6B has done the job for a few years although usb2 and
discontinued now.