UPDATE to textproc/aspell/dicts

George Rosamond

The attached tarball (as per sthen) extends the dictionaries for aspell
to include the unported ones.

There are no CVS dirs in each dicts/ subdir, as a side note.

While included in the tarball attachment, I also attached diffs of both
textproc/aspell/dicts/{Makefile,Makefile.inc} which include the added
two-digit language codes and the additional licenses plus HOMEPAGE change.

For pt BR and PT, I stuck to capitalization.

If this should wait until after the ports freeze, no sweat.

5822 F82D 665B 5C6A 915B FAD4 B014 1CEE 545A A6C6

aspell-dicts.tgz (28K) Download Attachment
aspell-dicts-Makefile.diff (2K) Download Attachment
aspell-dicts-Makefile.inc.diff (657 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE to textproc/aspell/dicts

Stuart Henderson
unsure about no/, it was there before and intentionally removed ..

---------------------
PatchSet 24
Date: 2004/04/08 06:27:11
Author: jolan
Branch: HEAD
Tag: (none)
Log:
appears to be deprecated by nb/nn dictionaries

Members:
        no/Makefile:1.1->1.2(DEAD)
        no/distinfo:1.2->1.3(DEAD)
        no/pkg/DESCR:1.1->1.2(DEAD)
        no/pkg/PLIST:1.1->1.2(DEAD)

---------------------

If it is actually useful, it will want a REVISION bump to take it past
the ports version number we had before.

Re: UPDATE to textproc/aspell/dicts

George Rosamond
Stuart Henderson:

> unsure about no/, it was there before and intentionally removed ..
>
> ---------------------
> PatchSet 24
> Date: 2004/04/08 06:27:11
> Author: jolan
> Branch: HEAD
> Tag: (none)
> Log:
> appears to be deprecated by nb/nn dictionaries
>
> Members:
>         no/Makefile:1.1->1.2(DEAD)
>         no/distinfo:1.2->1.3(DEAD)
>         no/pkg/DESCR:1.1->1.2(DEAD)
>         no/pkg/PLIST:1.1->1.2(DEAD)
>
> ---------------------
>
> If it is actually useful, it will want a REVISION bump to take it past
> the ports version number we had before.

dicts/no removed with Makefile change.

in dicts/Makefile:

REVISION = 0

clumped GPL licenses together.

Attached aspell/dicts hier in tarball.

On 2018/03/14 18:08, George Rosamond wrote:

> Stuart Henderson:
> > unsure about no/, it was there before and intentionally removed ..
> >
> > ---------------------
> > PatchSet 24
> > Date: 2004/04/08 06:27:11
> > Author: jolan
> > Branch: HEAD
> > Tag: (none)
> > Log:
> > appears to be deprecated by nb/nn dictionaries
> >
> > Members:
> >         no/Makefile:1.1->1.2(DEAD)
> >         no/distinfo:1.2->1.3(DEAD)
> >         no/pkg/DESCR:1.1->1.2(DEAD)
> >         no/pkg/PLIST:1.1->1.2(DEAD)
> >
> > ---------------------
> >
> > If it is actually useful, it will want a REVISION bump to take it past
> > the ports version number we had before.
> >

> dicts/no removed with Makefile change.
>
> in dicts/Makefile:
>
> REVISION = 0
>
> clumped GPL licenses together.
>
> Attached aspell/dicts hier in tarball.

the REVISION bump isn't quite right, several subdirs are already on
REVISION=0 and would need bumping beyond that (the new ones don't
need REVISION=0 though it doesn't hurt).

also should be ?= not = if it's in Makefile.inc, but then putting it
there is a a surefire way to cause problems next time someone updates,
it'd be better to bump the subdir Makefiles instead.

so I would remove the new REVISION from Makefile.inc and add to each
already-existing subdir.

the copyright types should go in the subdir's too to make it clear
which package is under which license ...

it would be easier to handle the update if *only* the new directories
were in the tar:

tar czf /tmp/aspell-dicts.tgz `cvs up | awk '/^\?/ { print $2 }'`

and send a diff for the changes to existing files.