UPDATE: shells/osh 4.3.2v0 => shells/etsh 5.0.1

UPDATE: shells/osh 4.3.2v0 => shells/etsh 5.0.1

Brian Callahan-3
Hi ports --

Upstream for shells/osh renamed the project. It is now called etsh. The
attached tarball provides a new shells/etsh port that does the expected
upgrade if you've got osh on your machine. Not included in this tarball
is the required quirks entry for osh=>etsh, and the removal of
shells/osh, both of which I will take care of with the import.

I chatted with Pascal a bit, and I'll be taking over as MAINTAINER as
part of the transition.

---
pkg/DESCR:
The Etsh Project provides two ports of the original /bin/sh from Sixth
Edition (V6) UNIX (circa 1975).

Etsh(1) is an enhanced, backward-compatible port of the Sixth Edition
Thompson shell. Tsh(1) is an unenhanced port of the shell, and glob(1)
is a port of its global command. Together, tsh and glob provide a user
interface which is backward compatible with that provided by the Sixth
Edition Thompson shell and global command, but without the obvious
enhancements found in etsh.

The original Thompson shell was principally written by Ken Thompson of
Bell Labs.

Additionally, this project includes the following shell utilities:
* if(1) - conditional command (ported from Sixth Edition UNIX)
* goto(1) - transfer command (ported from Sixth Edition UNIX)
* fd2(1) - redirect from/to file descriptor 2
---

Works correctly, all tests pass on amd64 and armv7.

OK?

~Brian

etsh.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: shells/osh 4.3.2v0 => shells/etsh 5.0.1

Brian Callahan-3

On 1/9/2018 10:27 PM, Brian Callahan wrote:

> Hi ports --
>
> Upstream for shells/osh renamed the project. It is now called etsh.
> The attached tarball provides a new shells/etsh port that does the
> expected upgrade if you've got osh on your machine. Not included in
> this tarball is the required quirks entry for osh=>etsh, and the
> removal of shells/osh, both of which I will take care of with the import.
>
> I chatted with Pascal a bit, and I'll be taking over as MAINTAINER as
> part of the transition.
>
> ---
> pkg/DESCR:
> The Etsh Project provides two ports of the original /bin/sh from Sixth
> Edition (V6) UNIX (circa 1975).
>
> Etsh(1) is an enhanced, backward-compatible port of the Sixth Edition
> Thompson shell. Tsh(1) is an unenhanced port of the shell, and glob(1)
> is a port of its global command. Together, tsh and glob provide a user
> interface which is backward compatible with that provided by the Sixth
> Edition Thompson shell and global command, but without the obvious
> enhancements found in etsh.
>
> The original Thompson shell was principally written by Ken Thompson of
> Bell Labs.
>
> Additionally, this project includes the following shell utilities:
> * if(1) - conditional command (ported from Sixth Edition UNIX)
> * goto(1) - transfer command (ported from Sixth Edition UNIX)
> * fd2(1) - redirect from/to file descriptor 2
> ---
>
> Works correctly, all tests pass on amd64 and armv7.
>
> OK?
>
> ~Brian

Ping.