UPDATE: shells/osh 4.3.2v0 => shells/etsh 5.0.1

UPDATE: shells/osh 4.3.2v0 => shells/etsh 5.0.1

Brian Callahan-3
Hi ports --

Upstream for shells/osh renamed the project. It is now called etsh. The
attached tarball provides a new shells/etsh port that does the expected
upgrade if you've got osh on your machine. Not included in this tarball
is the required quirks entry for osh=>etsh, and the removal of
shells/osh, both of which I will take care of with the import.

I chatted with Pascal a bit, and I'll be taking over as MAINTAINER as
part of the transition.

---
pkg/DESCR:
The Etsh Project provides two ports of the original /bin/sh from Sixth
Edition (V6) UNIX (circa 1975).

Etsh(1) is an enhanced, backward-compatible port of the Sixth Edition
Thompson shell. Tsh(1) is an unenhanced port of the shell, and glob(1)
is a port of its global command. Together, tsh and glob provide a user
interface which is backward compatible with that provided by the Sixth
Edition Thompson shell and global command, but without the obvious
enhancements found in etsh.

The original Thompson shell was principally written by Ken Thompson of
Bell Labs.

Additionally, this project includes the following shell utilities:
* if(1) - conditional command (ported from Sixth Edition UNIX)
* goto(1) - transfer command (ported from Sixth Edition UNIX)
* fd2(1) - redirect from/to file descriptor 2
---

Works correctly, all tests pass on amd64 and armv7.

OK?

~Brian

etsh.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: shells/osh 4.3.2v0 => shells/etsh 5.0.1

Brian Callahan-3

Ping.

On 01/19/18 18:31, Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 1/9/2018 10:27 PM, Brian Callahan wrote:
>> Hi ports --
>>
>> Upstream for shells/osh renamed the project. It is now called etsh.
>> The attached tarball provides a new shells/etsh port that does the
>> expected upgrade if you've got osh on your machine. Not included in
>> this tarball is the required quirks entry for osh=>etsh, and the
>> removal of shells/osh, both of which I will take care of with the
>> import.
>>
>> I chatted with Pascal a bit, and I'll be taking over as MAINTAINER as
>> part of the transition.
>>
>> ---
>> pkg/DESCR:
>> The Etsh Project provides two ports of the original /bin/sh from Sixth
>> Edition (V6) UNIX (circa 1975).
>>
>> Etsh(1) is an enhanced, backward-compatible port of the Sixth Edition
>> Thompson shell. Tsh(1) is an unenhanced port of the shell, and glob(1)
>> is a port of its global command. Together, tsh and glob provide a user
>> interface which is backward compatible with that provided by the Sixth
>> Edition Thompson shell and global command, but without the obvious
>> enhancements found in etsh.
>>
>> The original Thompson shell was principally written by Ken Thompson of
>> Bell Labs.
>>
>> Additionally, this project includes the following shell utilities:
>> * if(1) - conditional command (ported from Sixth Edition UNIX)
>> * goto(1) - transfer command (ported from Sixth Edition UNIX)
>> * fd2(1) - redirect from/to file descriptor 2
>> ---
>>
>> Works correctly, all tests pass on amd64 and armv7.
>>
>> OK?
>>
>> ~Brian
>>

> Ping.
Ping. New tarball because upstream released new version 5.0.2

On 1/29/2018 9:53 AM, Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 01/19/18 18:31, Brian Callahan wrote:
>>
>> On 1/9/2018 10:27 PM, Brian Callahan wrote:
>>> Hi ports --
>>>
>>> Upstream for shells/osh renamed the project. It is now called etsh.
>>> The attached tarball provides a new shells/etsh port that does the
>>> expected upgrade if you've got osh on your machine. Not included in
>>> this tarball is the required quirks entry for osh=>etsh, and the
>>> removal of shells/osh, both of which I will take care of with the
>>> import.
>>>
>>> I chatted with Pascal a bit, and I'll be taking over as MAINTAINER
>>> as part of the transition.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> pkg/DESCR:
>>> The Etsh Project provides two ports of the original /bin/sh from Sixth
>>> Edition (V6) UNIX (circa 1975).
>>>
>>> Etsh(1) is an enhanced, backward-compatible port of the Sixth Edition
>>> Thompson shell. Tsh(1) is an unenhanced port of the shell, and glob(1)
>>> is a port of its global command. Together, tsh and glob provide a user
>>> interface which is backward compatible with that provided by the Sixth
>>> Edition Thompson shell and global command, but without the obvious
>>> enhancements found in etsh.
>>>
>>> The original Thompson shell was principally written by Ken Thompson of
>>> Bell Labs.
>>>
>>> Additionally, this project includes the following shell utilities:
>>> * if(1) - conditional command (ported from Sixth Edition UNIX)
>>> * goto(1) - transfer command (ported from Sixth Edition UNIX)
>>> * fd2(1) - redirect from/to file descriptor 2
>>> ---
>>>
>>> Works correctly, all tests pass on amd64 and armv7.
>>>
>>> OK?
>>>
>>> ~Brian
>>>

>> Ping.
>
> Ping. New tarball because upstream released new version 5.0.2
>
> OK?
>
> ~Brian

Ping? I know the v6 shell is probably not on most people's radars but it
would be helpful at least insofar as it would replace a port of
now-rotting code with something that's actively maintained.

~Brian

Re: UPDATE: shells/osh 4.3.2v0 => shells/etsh 5.0.2

Brian Callahan-3

On 02/06/18 16:38, Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 1/29/2018 9:53 AM, Brian Callahan wrote:

>>> Ping.
>>
>> Ping. New tarball because upstream released new version 5.0.2
>>
>> OK?
>>
>> ~Brian
>>

> Ping? I know the v6 shell is probably not on most people's radars but
> it would be helpful at least insofar as it would replace a port of
> now-rotting code with something that's actively maintained.
>
> ~Brian
Ping. Would still like to get this in and remove osh.

Tarball reattached.

~Brian

etsh.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: shells/osh 4.3.2v0 => shells/etsh 5.0.2

Stuart Henderson
On 2018/04/05 22:34, Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 02/06/18 16:38, Brian Callahan wrote:

> > > Ping. New tarball because upstream released new version 5.0.2
> > >
> > > OK?
> > >
> > > ~Brian
> > >

> > Ping? I know the v6 shell is probably not on most people's radars but it
> > would be helpful at least insofar as it would replace a port of
> > now-rotting code with something that's actively maintained.
> >
> > ~Brian
>
> Ping. Would still like to get this in and remove osh.
>
> Tarball reattached.
>
> ~Brian

Needs some @shell markers in PLIST, If you're going to have osh
auto-update to this via quirks (which seems likely with the @pkgpath
marker) I think you'll need to set EPOCH in this, iirc pkg_add still
does a version check for these.

On 04/06/18 03:52, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2018/04/05 22:34, Brian Callahan wrote:

>>> Ping? I know the v6 shell is probably not on most people's radars but it
>>> would be helpful at least insofar as it would replace a port of
>>> now-rotting code with something that's actively maintained.
>>>
>>> ~Brian
>> Ping. Would still like to get this in and remove osh.
>>
>> Tarball reattached.
>>
>> ~Brian
>>

> Needs some @shell markers in PLIST, If you're going to have osh
> auto-update to this via quirks (which seems likely with the @pkgpath
> marker) I think you'll need to set EPOCH in this, iirc pkg_add still
> does a version check for these.

Yes. it's my intention to have osh auto-update to etsh, since it's just
a rename.
New tarball + quirks entry.

~Brian

etsh.tgz (1K) Download Attachment
quirks-etsh.diff (972 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: shells/osh 4.3.2v0 => shells/etsh 5.1.0v0

Brian Callahan-3

On 04/06/18 16:53, Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 04/06/18 03:52, Stuart Henderson wrote:

>>> Ping. Would still like to get this in and remove osh.
>>>
>>> Tarball reattached.
>>>
>>> ~Brian
>>>

>> Needs some @shell markers in PLIST, If you're going to have osh
>> auto-update to this via quirks (which seems likely with the @pkgpath
>> marker) I think you'll need to set EPOCH in this, iirc pkg_add still
>> does a version check for these.
>>

> Yes. it's my intention to have osh auto-update to etsh, since it's
> just a rename.
> New tarball + quirks entry.
>
> ~Brian

Still would like to get this in. Upstream has released version 5.1.0 in
the meantime.

OK?

~Brian

etsh.tgz (1K) Download Attachment
quirks-etsh.diff (950 bytes) Download Attachment