UPDATE: multimedia/mkvtoolnix (multimedia/libmatroska, textproc/libebml)

UPDATE: multimedia/mkvtoolnix (multimedia/libmatroska, textproc/libebml)

Rafael Sadowski
Please find attached update diffs for the following ports:

- multimedia/libmatroska
- textproc/libebml

Simple updates to the latest stable versions. Both projects switched to
cmake as build-system.

- multimedia/mkvtoolnix

As always nothing special but depends on the new libmatroska and libebml
versions.

Comments? OK?

RS

mkvtoolnix-33.0.0.diff (2K) Download Attachment
libebml-1.3.7.diff (2K) Download Attachment
libmatroska-1.5.0.diff (2K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: multimedia/mkvtoolnix (multimedia/libmatroska, textproc/libebml)

Brad Smith-14
On 4/15/2019 4:00 PM, Rafael Sadowski wrote:

> Please find attached update diffs for the following ports:
>
> - multimedia/libmatroska
> - textproc/libebml
>
> Simple updates to the latest stable versions. Both projects switched to
> cmake as build-system.
>
> - multimedia/mkvtoolnix
>
> As always nothing special but depends on the new libmatroska and libebml
> versions.
>
> Comments? OK?
I have had updates for libmatroska and libebml sitting in my tree for
awhile now. I'm
a little annoyed at the half baked CMake conversion.

https://github.com/Matroska-Org/libmatroska/issues/17

Is there anyone that knows CMake well that might be able to take a look
at what is
there and fix the CMake bits so both shared and static libs are built?

Re: UPDATE: multimedia/mkvtoolnix (multimedia/libmatroska, textproc/libebml)

Stuart Henderson
See devel/jansson. I'm not convinced it's worth doing unless there's a
particular reason (in the case of jansson it was because something
chroot'ed was using it).

--
Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.

On Mon Apr 15, 2019 at 10:18:20PM -0400, Brad Smith wrote:

> On 4/15/2019 4:00 PM, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
>
> > Please find attached update diffs for the following ports:
> >
> > - multimedia/libmatroska
> > - textproc/libebml
> >
> > Simple updates to the latest stable versions. Both projects switched to
> > cmake as build-system.
> >
> > - multimedia/mkvtoolnix
> >
> > As always nothing special but depends on the new libmatroska and libebml
> > versions.
> >
> > Comments? OK?
> I have had updates for libmatroska and libebml sitting in my tree for awhile
> now. I'm
> a little annoyed at the half baked CMake conversion.
>
> https://github.com/Matroska-Org/libmatroska/issues/17
>
> Is there anyone that knows CMake well that might be able to take a look at
> what is
> there and fix the CMake bits so both shared and static libs are built?

I accepted the challenge. ;) New diff attached with an option to build
and install shared and static libs.

Tested with all combinations. Feel free to push it upstream.

OK?

libebml-1.3.7.diff (6K) Download Attachment
libmatroska-1.5.0.diff (6K) Download Attachment

On 4/16/2019 3:19 PM, Rafael Sadowski wrote:

> On Mon Apr 15, 2019 at 10:18:20PM -0400, Brad Smith wrote:
>> On 4/15/2019 4:00 PM, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
>>
>>> Please find attached update diffs for the following ports:
>>>
>>> - multimedia/libmatroska
>>> - textproc/libebml
>>>
>>> Simple updates to the latest stable versions. Both projects switched to
>>> cmake as build-system.
>>>
>>> - multimedia/mkvtoolnix
>>>
>>> As always nothing special but depends on the new libmatroska and libebml
>>> versions.
>>>
>>> Comments? OK?
>> I have had updates for libmatroska and libebml sitting in my tree for awhile
>> now. I'm
>> a little annoyed at the half baked CMake conversion.
>>
>> https://github.com/Matroska-Org/libmatroska/issues/17
>>
>> Is there anyone that knows CMake well that might be able to take a look at
>> what is
>> there and fix the CMake bits so both shared and static libs are built?
>>
> I accepted the challenge. ;) New diff attached with an option to build
> and install shared and static libs.
>
> Tested with all combinations. Feel free to push it upstream.
>
> OK?

Thank you. That is awesome. I will see what the author says. OK.