UPDATE: mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1

Martynas Venckus-2
Hi,

Please test the diff below.

Bugs fixed for Firefox 2.0.0.1: ~183 in total; 42 crashers, 3 memory
leaks, 41 regressions and 4 privacy-related bugs.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#firefox2.0.0.1

I've been testing 2.0.0.1 for a week. (i386)

http://www.altroot.org/mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1.patch

Martynas Venckus

Re: UPDATE: mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1

Tim van der Molen-2
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:02:19 +0100, Martynas Venckus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please test the diff below.
>
> Bugs fixed for Firefox 2.0.0.1: ~183 in total; 42 crashers, 3 memory
> leaks, 41 regressions and 4 privacy-related bugs.
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#firefox2.0.0.1
>
> I've been testing 2.0.0.1 for a week. (i386)
>
> http://www.altroot.org/mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1.patch

Seems to work fine on i386 and amd64. Thanks.

Regards,
Tim

Re: UPDATE: mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1

Kurt Miller-4
On Thursday 21 December 2006 3:02 am, Martynas Venckus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please test the diff below.
>
> Bugs fixed for Firefox 2.0.0.1: ~183 in total; 42 crashers, 3 memory
> leaks, 41 regressions and 4 privacy-related bugs.
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#firefox2.0.0.1
>
> I've been testing 2.0.0.1 for a week. (i386)
>
> http://www.altroot.org/mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1.patch
I've updated the firefox 2.0.0.1 diff for -current, dropped
two custom behavior patches, added -devel subpackage for
the vlc plugin and other minor changes.

This has been working well for me on i386 for the last
two weeks. I've also briefly tested macppc and sparc64.
However there has been reports of printing having
issues on at least amd64.

Please test this diff and confirm if printing is working
ok for you especially on amd64.

Thanks,
-Kurt

firefox2.diff (60K) Download Attachment

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 12:56 pm, Kurt Miller wrote:

> On Thursday 21 December 2006 3:02 am, Martynas Venckus wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please test the diff below.
> >
> > Bugs fixed for Firefox 2.0.0.1: ~183 in total; 42 crashers, 3 memory
> > leaks, 41 regressions and 4 privacy-related bugs.
> >
> > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#firefox2.0.0.1
> >
> > I've been testing 2.0.0.1 for a week. (i386)
> >
> > http://www.altroot.org/mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1.patch
>
> I've updated the firefox 2.0.0.1 diff for -current, dropped
> two custom behavior patches, added -devel subpackage for
> the vlc plugin and other minor changes.
>
> This has been working well for me on i386 for the last
> two weeks. I've also briefly tested macppc and sparc64.
> However there has been reports of printing having
> issues on at least amd64.
>
> Please test this diff and confirm if printing is working
> ok for you especially on amd64.

The printing issue has been tracked down. Firefox will
silently fail to print if it runs out of file descriptors.
This will be committed in a day or two unless other problems
are reported, so test test test please. :)

-Kurt

Re: UPDATE: mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1

steven mestdagh
Kurt Miller [2007-01-09, 16:45:34]:

> On Tuesday 09 January 2007 12:56 pm, Kurt Miller wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 December 2006 3:02 am, Martynas Venckus wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Please test the diff below.
> > >
> > > Bugs fixed for Firefox 2.0.0.1: ~183 in total; 42 crashers, 3 memory
> > > leaks, 41 regressions and 4 privacy-related bugs.
> > >
> > > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#firefox2.0.0.1
> > >
> > > I've been testing 2.0.0.1 for a week. (i386)
> > >
> > > http://www.altroot.org/mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1.patch
> >
> > I've updated the firefox 2.0.0.1 diff for -current, dropped
> > two custom behavior patches, added -devel subpackage for
> > the vlc plugin and other minor changes.
> >
> > This has been working well for me on i386 for the last
> > two weeks. I've also briefly tested macppc and sparc64.
> > However there has been reports of printing having
> > issues on at least amd64.
> >
> > Please test this diff and confirm if printing is working
> > ok for you especially on amd64.
>
> The printing issue has been tracked down. Firefox will
> silently fail to print if it runs out of file descriptors.
> This will be committed in a day or two unless other problems
> are reported, so test test test please. :)

there's a small issue with upgrading. a package containing older shared
libraries is left behind, and it causes stuff like

./regxpcom:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/libssl3.so.18.0 : WARNING:
symbol(SSL_ImplementedCiphers) size mismatch, relink your program
mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1 (installing): complete

moreover, firefox fails to start until you have removed those libraries
(e.g. pkg_delete .libs-mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.9).
i feel a lot of questions coming from people who upgrade their packages
and 'firefox does not work'. so maybe this should at least be mentioned
somewhere?

$ firefox
/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/libssl3.so.18.0 : WARNING:
symbol(SSL_ImplementedCiphers) size mismatch, relink your program
/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/libssl3.so.18.0 : WARNING:
symbol(SSL_ImplementedCiphers) size mismatch, relink your program
/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
undefined symbol 'SEC_RegisterDefaultHttpClient'
lazy binding failed!

oh, it also wanted to open a non-existent page on startup
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/2.0.0.1/whatsnew/

steven

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 3:48 am, steven mestdagh wrote:

> Kurt Miller [2007-01-09, 16:45:34]:

> > > I've updated the firefox 2.0.0.1 diff for -current, dropped
> > > two custom behavior patches, added -devel subpackage for
> > > the vlc plugin and other minor changes.
> > >
> > > This has been working well for me on i386 for the last
> > > two weeks. I've also briefly tested macppc and sparc64.
> > > However there has been reports of printing having
> > > issues on at least amd64.
> > >
> > > Please test this diff and confirm if printing is working
> > > ok for you especially on amd64.
> >
> > The printing issue has been tracked down. Firefox will
> > silently fail to print if it runs out of file descriptors.
> > This will be committed in a day or two unless other problems
> > are reported, so test test test please. :)
>
> there's a small issue with upgrading. a package containing older shared
> libraries is left behind, and it causes stuff like
>
> ./regxpcom:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
> /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/libssl3.so.18.0 : WARNING:
> symbol(SSL_ImplementedCiphers) size mismatch, relink your program
> mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1 (installing): complete
>
> moreover, firefox fails to start until you have removed those libraries
> (e.g. pkg_delete .libs-mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.9).
> i feel a lot of questions coming from people who upgrade their packages
> and 'firefox does not work'. so maybe this should at least be mentioned
> somewhere?
>
> $ firefox
> /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
> /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/libssl3.so.18.0 : WARNING:
> symbol(SSL_ImplementedCiphers) size mismatch, relink your program
> /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
> /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/libssl3.so.18.0 : WARNING:
> symbol(SSL_ImplementedCiphers) size mismatch, relink your program
> /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
> undefined symbol 'SEC_RegisterDefaultHttpClient'
> lazy binding failed!
>
> oh, it also wanted to open a non-existent page on startup
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/2.0.0.1/whatsnew/
Here's a new version that deals with the transition to
system nss better. Both the issue raised above and also
another one with libnssckbi that Martynas raised are
fixed now. I also added a note about the printer issue
to README.OpenBSD per Martynas's suggestion.

The 404 page has been reported to mozilla.org, if
they don't add a page before release we can change the
startup.homepage_override_url property easily enough
later.

-Kurt

firefox2.diff.gz (50K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.1

steven mestdagh
Kurt Miller [2007-01-10, 15:25:58]:

> > $ firefox
> > /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
> > /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/libssl3.so.18.0 : WARNING:
> > symbol(SSL_ImplementedCiphers) size mismatch, relink your program
> > /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
> > /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/libssl3.so.18.0 : WARNING:
> > symbol(SSL_ImplementedCiphers) size mismatch, relink your program
> > /usr/local/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/components/libpipnss.so.19.0:
> > undefined symbol 'SEC_RegisterDefaultHttpClient'
> > lazy binding failed!
> >
> > oh, it also wanted to open a non-existent page on startup
> > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/2.0.0.1/whatsnew/
>
> Here's a new version that deals with the transition to
> system nss better. Both the issue raised above and also
> another one with libnssckbi that Martynas raised are
> fixed now. I also added a note about the printer issue
> to README.OpenBSD per Martynas's suggestion.

package upgrading works much better now.
i've used it for a few days on amd64 without problems.

steven