[UPDATE] lang/python/2.7

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[UPDATE] lang/python/2.7

Remi Pointel
Hi,

this diff updates Python 2.7 to latest release.

Ok?

Cheers,

Remi.

Python-2.7.16.diff (6K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [UPDATE] lang/python/2.7

Stuart Henderson
So it turns out there is rather more to this release than is obvious from
the "full changelog" linked from
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2716/ ... The main part is
at
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/cpython/v2.7.16/Misc/NEWS.d/2.7.16rc1.rst

This is both more intrusive and more important than it first seemed, if
people could test with their favourite py27 ports ASAP that would be nice.

--
Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.

On 7 March 2019 09:13:44 Remi Pointel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>
> this diff updates Python 2.7 to latest release.
>
>
> Ok?
>
>
> Cheers,
>
>
> Remi.



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [UPDATE] lang/python/2.7

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 02:31:57AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> So it turns out there is rather more to this release than is obvious
> from the "full changelog" linked from
> https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2716/ ... The main part is
> at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/cpython/v2.7.16/Misc/NEWS.d/2.7.16rc1.rst

> This is both more intrusive and more important than it first seemed,
> if people could test with their favourite py27 ports ASAP that would
> be nice.

I had trouble getting this to build and install, having to manually
intervene a couple times, but once I had it built I started duplicating
the tests I did of all the ports I converted to using MODPY_PYTEST. I
had the list of what their "make test" results was.

It looks good. Same or less failures across them. I had a suspicious
result where a port ran a lot more changes, but it turns out that
py-attrs got updated right after I did that work. It still passed all
tests with 2.7.16.

So, assuming my problems getting it built are me missing something,
things look good here on amd64. I'll try and get an i386 ports machine
set up today and see about doing some testing on a (slow) sparc64
machine.

--Kurt

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [UPDATE] lang/python/2.7

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/04/02 10:15, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 02:31:57AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > So it turns out there is rather more to this release than is obvious
> > from the "full changelog" linked from
> > https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2716/ ... The main part is
> > at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/cpython/v2.7.16/Misc/NEWS.d/2.7.16rc1.rst
>
> > This is both more intrusive and more important than it first seemed,
> > if people could test with their favourite py27 ports ASAP that would
> > be nice.
>
> I had trouble getting this to build and install, having to manually
> intervene a couple times, but once I had it built I started duplicating
> the tests I did of all the ports I converted to using MODPY_PYTEST. I
> had the list of what their "make test" results was.
>
> It looks good. Same or less failures across them. I had a suspicious
> result where a port ran a lot more changes, but it turns out that
> py-attrs got updated right after I did that work. It still passed all
> tests with 2.7.16.
>
> So, assuming my problems getting it built are me missing something,
> things look good here on amd64. I'll try and get an i386 ports machine
> set up today and see about doing some testing on a (slow) sparc64
> machine.
>
> --Kurt
>

A build test on sparc64 would be nice if possible (and a better use
of time than i386, which I can test easily enough).

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [UPDATE] lang/python/2.7

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 04:01:32PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> A build test on sparc64 would be nice if possible (and a better use
> of time than i386, which I can test easily enough).

Will do. I've got an Ultra 2 at home I just installed -current on
recently. It will do until we finish troubleshooting the faster machine.

--Kurt

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [UPDATE] lang/python/2.7

Kurt Mosiejczuk-9
On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 01:17:12PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 04:01:32PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> > A build test on sparc64 would be nice if possible (and a better use
> > of time than i386, which I can test easily enough).

> Will do. I've got an Ultra 2 at home I just installed -current on
> recently. It will do until we finish troubleshooting the faster machine.

I've built the update on sparc64. Built fine and so far every python port
I've thrown at it passes its tests just as it did before the update.

So looks good from here.

--Kurt