UPDATE: graphics/scour to 0.37

Asher Pasha
Hi ports@
I am learning Python ports. The attached diff updates graphics/scour
to 0.37. It is used to export optimized svg files from Inkscape. I
have tested it on amd64 Inkscape 1.0. Please comment or commit.
Thanks,
Asher

scour-0.37.diff (3K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: graphics/scour to 0.37

Raymond E. Pasco
> MODULES = lang/python
> MODPY_SETUPTOOLS = Yes
> MODPY_VERSION = ${MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3}
>+
>+FLAVORS = python3
>+FLAVOR ?=

I believe that we don't want both MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3 and the
python3 FLAVOR. Additionally, the upstream supports Python 2, but I
don't think we want to add Python 2 support to ports, in which case we'd
enforce python3 with FLAVORS = python3; FLAVOR = python3.

Although I'm not quite clear on whether a program written in python
should use the FLAVORS/FLAVOR style or continue to use
MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3.

At any rate, the program works for me (that is, it turns SVGs into
smaller SVGs that appear to look the same).

Re: UPDATE: graphics/scour to 0.37

Dimitri Karamazov
On Thu, July 30, 2020 07:24, Raymond E. Pasco wrote:

> I believe that we don't want both MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3 and the
> python3 FLAVOR. Additionally, the upstream supports Python 2, but I don't think we want to add Python 2 support to
> ports, in which case we'd enforce python3 with FLAVORS = python3; FLAVOR = python3.
>
> Although I'm not quite clear on whether a program written in python
> should use the FLAVORS/FLAVOR style or continue to use MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3.
>

> At any rate, the program works for me (that is, it turns SVGs into
> smaller SVGs that appear to look the same).

if it's a standalone application (couldn't possibly be another's dependency)
then
>> MODPY_VERSION = ${MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3}
else
>> +FLAVORS = python3
>> +FLAVOR ?=           python3
endif

Scour is an optional dependency for inkscape.

On Thu Jul 30, 2020 at 4:51 AM EDT, Dimitri Karamazov wrote:
> if it's a standalone application (couldn't possibly be another's
> dependency)
> then
> >> MODPY_VERSION = ${MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3}
> else
> >> +FLAVORS = python3
> >> +FLAVOR ?=           python3
> endif

Makes sense to me.

> Scour is an optional dependency for inkscape.

Since graphics/inkscape uses python 3, enforcing the flavor seems like
it should be fine.

Re: UPDATE: graphics/scour to 0.37

Asher Pasha
Hi,
Thank you for looking into this. How about now? Please see attached.
Asher

This diff seems right to me. Program still works fine.

Re: UPDATE: graphics/scour to 0.37

Asher Pasha
Hi,
If ok, could anyone please commit to cvs. I do not have access.
Thanks.
Asher