UPDATE: games/stockfish 11 => 12

Brian Callahan-6
Hi ports --

Attached is an update to Stockfish.
Release notes: https://github.com/official-stockfish/Stockfish/releases/tag/sf_12

Stockfish has moved to a new neural-net based evaluator. However, the
neural net support code is not available with the tarball. So we have
to the do the same trick as with RStudio, since GH_* and MASTER_SITES
can't live together in one port.

I am able to have SCID play a stockfish vs. stockfish game.
I am not sure how performant stockfish 12 will be on !amd64. Testing
would be appreciated on other platforms.

OK?

~Brian

stockfish-12.diff (3K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: games/stockfish 11 => 12

Tracey Emery
On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 09:44:36PM +0000, Brian Callahan wrote:

> Hi ports --
>
> Attached is an update to Stockfish.
> Release notes: https://github.com/official-stockfish/Stockfish/releases/tag/sf_12
>
> Stockfish has moved to a new neural-net based evaluator. However, the
> neural net support code is not available with the tarball. So we have
> to the do the same trick as with RStudio, since GH_* and MASTER_SITES
> can't live together in one port.
>
> I am able to have SCID play a stockfish vs. stockfish game.
> I am not sure how performant stockfish 12 will be on !amd64. Testing
> would be appreciated on other platforms.
>
> OK?
>
> ~Brian

Tested on sparc64 with some python testing. Works great.

Ok tracey@

--

Tracey Emery