UPDATE: games/chocolate-doom

Ryan Freeman-2
Hey All,

For some reason my normal email doesn't seem to be working with regards to
reaching ports@.
Apologies for the gmail-based delivery.

This isn't a version update, just a change to the package DESCR, and
removal of MESSAGE
in lieu of a pkg README.  I've tried to dress it up to cover most things a
user might need
to know on installation of chocolate-doom, and now the DESCR doesn't scroll
away an
80x24 terminal.

Thoughts? OK?
Cheers,
-Ryan

chocolate-doom.diff (6K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: games/chocolate-doom

Brian Callahan-5

On 7/26/19 8:46 PM, Ryan Freeman wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> For some reason my normal email doesn't seem to be working with regards to
> reaching ports@.
> Apologies for the gmail-based delivery.
>
> This isn't a version update, just a change to the package DESCR, and
> removal of MESSAGE
> in lieu of a pkg README.  I've tried to dress it up to cover most things a
> user might need
> to know on installation of chocolate-doom, and now the DESCR doesn't scroll
> away an
> 80x24 terminal.

I like this overall. I think it's a good improvement.
That one sentence with the author's name feels awkward (we don't list
the authors of any other software in DESCR, do we?) but that was in the
original DESCR too.

OK for me.

~Brian

On 7/27/19 3:52 PM, Ryan Freeman wrote:
> Thanks Brian.  How about this, then?  Same thing, just without Simon's
> name in the DESCR.

How about just "Chocolate Doom aims to provide an experience identical
to that of the original games on original hardware." Same effect, no
weird "author" this or that.

~Brian

> On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 5:41 AM Brian Callahan <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     On 7/26/19 8:46 PM, Ryan Freeman wrote:
>     > Hey All,
>     >
>     > For some reason my normal email doesn't seem to be working with
>     regards to
>     > reaching ports@.
>     > Apologies for the gmail-based delivery.
>     >
>     > This isn't a version update, just a change to the package DESCR, and
>     > removal of MESSAGE
>     > in lieu of a pkg README.  I've tried to dress it up to cover
>     most things a
>     > user might need
>     > to know on installation of chocolate-doom, and now the DESCR
>     doesn't scroll
>     > away an
>     > 80x24 terminal.
>
>     I like this overall. I think it's a good improvement.
>     That one sentence with the author's name feels awkward (we don't list
>     the authors of any other software in DESCR, do we?) but that was
>     in the
>     original DESCR too.
>
>     OK for me.
>
>     ~Brian

Re: UPDATE: games/chocolate-doom

Ryan Freeman
On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 04:13:07PM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 7/27/19 3:52 PM, Ryan Freeman wrote:
> >Thanks Brian.  How about this, then?  Same thing, just without
> >Simon's name in the DESCR.
> >

> How about just "Chocolate Doom aims to provide an experience
> identical to that of the original games on original hardware." Same
> effect, no weird "author" this or that.
>
> ~Brian

That works great :)  OK by with with your change.
-Ryan

> >On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 5:41 AM Brian Callahan <[hidden email]
> ><mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >

> >    On 7/26/19 8:46 PM, Ryan Freeman wrote:
> >    > Hey All,
> >    >
> >    > For some reason my normal email doesn't seem to be working with
> >    regards to
> >    > reaching ports@.
> >    > Apologies for the gmail-based delivery.
> >    >
> >    > This isn't a version update, just a change to the package DESCR, and
> >    > removal of MESSAGE
> >    > in lieu of a pkg README.  I've tried to dress it up to cover
> >    most things a
> >    > user might need
> >    > to know on installation of chocolate-doom, and now the DESCR
> >    doesn't scroll
> >    > away an
> >    > 80x24 terminal.
> >
> >    I like this overall. I think it's a good improvement.
> >    That one sentence with the author's name feels awkward (we don't list
> >    the authors of any other software in DESCR, do we?) but that was
> >    in the
> >    original DESCR too.
> >
> >    OK for me.
> >
> >    ~Brian

Re: UPDATE: games/chocolate-doom

Ryan Freeman-2
Here is an updated patch with your suggestion incorporated.

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 1:55 PM Ryan Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 04:13:07PM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:
> >

> > On 7/27/19 3:52 PM, Ryan Freeman wrote:
> > >Thanks Brian.  How about this, then?  Same thing, just without
> > >Simon's name in the DESCR.
> > >

> > How about just "Chocolate Doom aims to provide an experience
> > identical to that of the original games on original hardware." Same
> > effect, no weird "author" this or that.
> >
> > ~Brian
>
> That works great :)  OK by with with your change.
> -Ryan
>

> > >On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 5:41 AM Brian Callahan <[hidden email]
> > ><mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> > >

> > >    On 7/26/19 8:46 PM, Ryan Freeman wrote:
> > >    > Hey All,
> > >    >
> > >    > For some reason my normal email doesn't seem to be working with
> > >    regards to
> > >    > reaching ports@.
> > >    > Apologies for the gmail-based delivery.
> > >    >
> > >    > This isn't a version update, just a change to the package DESCR,
> and
> > >    > removal of MESSAGE
> > >    > in lieu of a pkg README.  I've tried to dress it up to cover
> > >    most things a
> > >    > user might need
> > >    > to know on installation of chocolate-doom, and now the DESCR
> > >    doesn't scroll
> > >    > away an
> > >    > 80x24 terminal.
> > >
> > >    I like this overall. I think it's a good improvement.
> > >    That one sentence with the author's name feels awkward (we don't
> list
> > >    the authors of any other software in DESCR, do we?) but that was
> > >    in the
> > >    original DESCR too.
> > >
> > >    OK for me.
> > >
> > >    ~Brian

chocolate-doom3.diff (6K) Download Attachment