UPDATE: fetchmail-6.3.2

Bernd Ahlers
Hi!

Attached is an update to fetchmail-6.3.2. Please test. (esp. on
non-i386)

Comments, oks?

Bernd

fetchmail-6.3.2 (10K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: fetchmail-6.3.2

Nikolay Sturm-2
* Bernd Ahlers [2006-01-30]:
> Comments, oks?

Is this supposed to be this way?
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.0... none
configure: WARNING: Disabling fetchmailconf: python 2.0 or greater not found

Nikolay

Re: UPDATE: fetchmail-6.3.2

Sigfred Håversen
Bernd Ahlers wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Attached is an update to fetchmail-6.3.2. Please test. (esp. on
> non-i386)
>
> Comments, oks?

Passes regression tests on sparc64. Fetching mail from an imaps
server and putting into a local mailbox works.

/Sigfred

Re: UPDATE: fetchmail-6.3.2

Bernd Ahlers
Nikolay Sturm [Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 08:03:40PM +0100] wrote:
>* Bernd Ahlers [2006-01-30]:
>> Comments, oks?
>
>Is this supposed to be this way?
>checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.0... none
>configure: WARNING: Disabling fetchmailconf: python 2.0 or greater not found

Our ${LOCALBASE}/bin/fetchmailconf is a wrapper script for the real
fetchmailconf binary. It spits out an advice to install python if you
want to run this utility. We install the fetchmailconf regardless of
python is installed during build time or not.

This script exists for a long time and I like it. Because I don't have
to install python to install/build fetchmail.

But that's just me. Other opinions or good reasons against it?

Bernd

Re: UPDATE: fetchmail-6.3.2

Brad Smith-14
On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 11:57:03PM +0100, Bernd Ahlers wrote:

> Nikolay Sturm [Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 08:03:40PM +0100] wrote:
> >* Bernd Ahlers [2006-01-30]:
> >> Comments, oks?
> >
> >Is this supposed to be this way?
> >checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.0... none
> >configure: WARNING: Disabling fetchmailconf: python 2.0 or greater not found
> >
> Our ${LOCALBASE}/bin/fetchmailconf is a wrapper script for the real
> fetchmailconf binary. It spits out an advice to install python if you
> want to run this utility. We install the fetchmailconf regardless of
> python is installed during build time or not.
>
> This script exists for a long time and I like it. Because I don't have
> to install python to install/build fetchmail.
>
> But that's just me. Other opinions or good reasons against it?
>
> Bernd

Its fine. Leave it as is.

Re: UPDATE: fetchmail-6.3.2

Joachim Schipper
On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 11:57:03PM +0100, Bernd Ahlers wrote:

> Nikolay Sturm [Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 08:03:40PM +0100] wrote:
> >* Bernd Ahlers [2006-01-30]:
> >> Comments, oks?
> >
> >Is this supposed to be this way?
> >checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.0... none
> >configure: WARNING: Disabling fetchmailconf: python 2.0 or greater not found
> >
> Our ${LOCALBASE}/bin/fetchmailconf is a wrapper script for the real
> fetchmailconf binary. It spits out an advice to install python if you
> want to run this utility. We install the fetchmailconf regardless of
> python is installed during build time or not.
>
> This script exists for a long time and I like it. Because I don't have
> to install python to install/build fetchmail.
>
> But that's just me. Other opinions or good reasons against it?

I don't care for fetchmailconf, but would really dislike having to get
all of python everytime I install fetchmail. Since what the port does
now makes this possible, I'd not bother changing stuff (like adding a
flavour).

                Joachim