UPDATE: TeX Live 2020

Edd Barrett-3
Hi,

Here's an update to TeX Live 2020.

Until now, I've only tested it with bulk builds. I'll be running this on
my main system to see if I can shake out any bugs. I'd appreciate
further testing from others too.

Attached is the update itself, and two diffs to fix fallout:

 - textproc/lgrind has a bogus dtx that happened to work with prior tex
   versions, but not tex live 2020.

 - textproc/py-sphinx bundles an old tex pkg that overrides the one in
   texlive, breaking misc/open62541 in the process.

Thanks!

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

texlive-2020.diff.gz (370K) Download Attachment
lgrind.diff (916 bytes) Download Attachment
py-sphinx.diff (1K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: TeX Live 2020

Edd Barrett-3
On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 09:56:08PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Here's an update to TeX Live 2020.

I was wondering if anyone had had a chance to try this out?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

Re: UPDATE: TeX Live 2020

Edd Barrett-3
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 07:33:02PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 09:56:08PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > Here's an update to TeX Live 2020.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had had a chance to try this out?

Thank you everyone who has tested so far.

New diff. I've fixed a couple of bugs:

 - https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/555258/clefval-sty-package-inputenc-error-invalid-utf-8-byte-a0
 - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=930850

I've also added a comment in the Makefile about the symlink warnings
during `make package`.

See attached.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

texlive-2020-1.diff.gz (371K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE: TeX Live 2020

Florian Viehweger
Hi,

> > > Here's an update to TeX Live 2020.
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone had had a chance to try this out?
>
> Thank you everyone who has tested so far.
>
> New diff. I've fixed a couple of bugs:
>
>  -
> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/555258/clefval-sty-package-inputenc-error-invalid-utf-8-byte-a0
>  - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=930850
>
> I've also added a comment in the Makefile about the symlink warnings
> during `make package`.
>
> See attached.

Builds and installs fine on amd64. Found no issues after quick testing.

Thank you!

--
greetings,

Florian Viehweger

Re: UPDATE: TeX Live 2020

Edd Barrett-3
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 10:28:45PM +0200, Florian Viehweger wrote:
> Builds and installs fine on amd64. Found no issues after quick testing.

Any further testing/comments for TeX Live 2020 anyone? I'd like to push
forward with this.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett