UPDATE+FIX: graphics/cairo

Eric Faurot
Hi all,

Here is a "diff -N -u" updating cairo to 1.0.4.

More importantly, I have written a (rather simple) workaround to
support PseudoColor and StaticColor modes on X11. It is not too fast,
especially on a remote display, but at least it does not crash (I
hope). It should even produce reasonnable output, provided that
colormaps are not changed too much after the first calls to cairo
drawing functions. It might even work on StaticGray/GrayScale
displays.

I have tested it on macppc with both wscons and ati drivers, with
local server, through "ssh -X" and "ssh -Y".  Sample code for testing
can be found at:

http://webcvs.cairographics.org/cairo-demo/X11/

Please test and report, especially those who are stuck with 8 bit
displays.  I do not plan to write something more complicated/efficient
for now. So, if someone is interested in improving that fix, please do
so.

Eric.

cairo.diff (13K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATE+FIX: graphics/cairo

Kurt Miller-4
On Monday 27 March 2006 7:39 am, Eric Faurot wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is a "diff -N -u" updating cairo to 1.0.4.

The diff didn't apply cleanly. I've attached a working
one in case anyone else would like to try.

> More importantly, I have written a (rather simple) workaround to
> support PseudoColor and StaticColor modes on X11. It is not too fast,
> especially on a remote display, but at least it does not crash (I
> hope). It should even produce reasonnable output, provided that
> colormaps are not changed too much after the first calls to cairo
> drawing functions. It might even work on StaticGray/GrayScale
> displays.
>
> I have tested it on macppc with both wscons and ati drivers, with
> local server, through "ssh -X" and "ssh -Y".  Sample code for testing
> can be found at:
>
> http://webcvs.cairographics.org/cairo-demo/X11/
>
> Please test and report, especially those who are stuck with 8 bit
> displays.  I do not plan to write something more complicated/efficient
> for now. So, if someone is interested in improving that fix, please do
> so.
Thanks for writing a fix for the lack of PseudoColor and
StaticColor support in cairo. I tried it and it does fix
the segfault and seems to work well enough. I think your
update should go in. Anyone see a reason why it shouldn't?

-Kurt

cairo.diff (13K) Download Attachment