UPDATE: FFmpeg 4.1.1

Brad Smith-14
I have patched as far as I know the whole ports tree for API issues
that were found with newer FFmpeg. So I am now able to send out a
proper update to FFmpeg.

Here is an update to FFmpeg 4.1.1 and coupled ports updates.

Any and all testing welcome.

FFmpeg
https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.diff

Update to mpv to 0.29.1 and fix API usage for mplayer / squeezelite.
https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/mplayer.diff
https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/mpv.diff
https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/squeezelite.diff

Re: UPDATE: FFmpeg 4.1.1

Stuart Henderson
On 2019/02/21 17:47, Brad Smith wrote:

> I have patched as far as I know the whole ports tree for API issues
> that were found with newer FFmpeg. So I am now able to send out a
> proper update to FFmpeg.
>
> Here is an update to FFmpeg 4.1.1 and coupled ports updates.
>
> Any and all testing welcome.
>
> FFmpeg
> https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.diff
>
> Update to mpv to 0.29.1 and fix API usage for mplayer / squeezelite.
> https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/mplayer.diff
> https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/mpv.diff
> https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/squeezelite.diff

actually, if anyone is really testing squeezelite with this, please try
https://junkpile.org/squeezelite.diff instead (testing with audio on
OpenBSD is a pain for me now that 'disable xhci' is no longer enough
to get my uaudio to work)

Re: UPDATE: FFmpeg 4.1.1

Brad Smith-14
On 2/21/2019 5:47 PM, Brad Smith wrote:

> I have patched as far as I know the whole ports tree for API issues
> that were found with newer FFmpeg. So I am now able to send out a
> proper update to FFmpeg.
>
> Here is an update to FFmpeg 4.1.1 and coupled ports updates.
>
> Any and all testing welcome.
>
> FFmpeg
> https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.diff
>
> Update to mpv to 0.29.1 and fix API usage for mplayer / squeezelite.
> https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/mplayer.diff
> https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/mpv.diff
> https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/squeezelite.diff

I uploaded an updated diff with a backported decoder for AV1 via libdav1d.

Re: UPDATE: FFmpeg 4.1.1

Nam Nguyen
Brad Smith <[hidden email]> writes:

> Here is an update to FFmpeg 4.1.1 and coupled ports updates.
>
> Any and all testing welcome.
>
> FFmpeg
> https://comstyle.com/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.diff

I successfully streamed dhewm3 from my OpenBSD gaming computer to my
OpenBSD streaming computer to twitch.tv. Both used ffmpeg 4.1.1. The
streaming computer used the `slow' preset for x264. The video and audio
were synced once I added the -thread_queue_size option. After a while,
the audio still has a chance of desyncing and will spit out warnings,
but I don't think this is a big deal because it is reliable for long
stretches of time. Thank you for the new ffmpeg.

dhewm3 computer was running this script:
RES="1280x720"
FRAMES=30

AUDIO_RATE="44100"
AUDIO_CBR="320k"
SERVER=192.168.1.100

VIDEO="-c:v huffyuv"

ffmpeg -thread_queue_size 1024 -f x11grab -s $RES -framerate $FRAMES -i :0.0 \
        -thread_queue_size 1024 -f sndio -i snd/0.mon -ar $AUDIO_RATE -b:a $AUDIO_CBR \
        $VIDEO -f avi - | nc $SERVER 1337

streaming computer was running this script:
. $HOME/.stream_key
INGEST=live-sea

# change these
CBR="2200k"
RES="1280x720"
FRAMES=30
PRESET="slow"

VIDEO="-c:v libx264 -preset $PRESET"
VIDEO="$VIDEO -b:v $CBR -minrate $CBR -maxrate $CBR"

nc -l 1337 | ffmpeg -i pipe:0 \
        -vf "format=yuv444p, \
            drawtext=textfile=$HOME/twitch.asc:reload=1:\
            fontfile=/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf:\
            fontcolor=white:fontsize=24:x=10:y=16, format=yuv420p" \
        $VIDEO \
        -acodec copy \
        -threads 12 \
        -f flv "rtmp://$INGEST.twitch.tv/app/$STREAM_KEY"

Re: UPDATE: FFmpeg 4.1.1

Bryan Linton
On 2019-02-21 17:47:07, Brad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have patched as far as I know the whole ports tree for API issues
> that were found with newer FFmpeg. So I am now able to send out a
> proper update to FFmpeg.
>
> Here is an update to FFmpeg 4.1.1 and coupled ports updates.
>
> Any and all testing welcome.

The new FFmpeg update worked fine to convert some dashcam footage
from MJPEG+WAV to h265+FLAC.

The new mplayer update also seems to be working similarly well.

Thank you for putting in so much work to update FFmpeg!

--
Bryan