Two problems upgrading to 4.9

Federico Giannici
I have just upgraded my amd64 desktop pc from 4.8 to 4.9.
I encountered two problems:

1) I have "mouse.resolution=90" in "/etc/wsconsctl.conf". Since the
upgrade it doesn't seem to work anymore. It's still there but seems to
be ignored. If I set it manually by command line it works.

2) All the "sftp://" URLs in KDE no longer work. When I try to open such
an URL, for example by Konqueror or by Kate, I always get the error
"Error encountered while talking to ssh".

Are those know problems, or some kind of problem with my installation?

Thanks.

Re: Two problems upgrading to 4.9

Mark Solocinski
 On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 10:26:56 +0200, Federico Giannici wrote:

> I have just upgraded my amd64 desktop pc from 4.8 to 4.9.
> I encountered two problems:
>
> 1) I have "mouse.resolution=90" in "/etc/wsconsctl.conf". Since the
> upgrade it doesn't seem to work anymore. It's still there but seems
> be ignored. If I set it manually by command line it works.
>
> 2) All the "sftp://" URLs in KDE no longer work. When I try to open
> such an URL, for example by Konqueror or by Kate, I always get the
> error "Error encountered while talking to ssh".
>
> Are those know problems, or some kind of problem with my
> installation?
>
> Thanks.

 Did you sysmerge after you updated?

 http://openbsd.org/faq/upgrade49.html#final

On 07/05/11 20:37, Mark Solocinski wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 10:26:56 +0200, Federico Giannici wrote:
>> I have just upgraded my amd64 desktop pc from 4.8 to 4.9.
>> I encountered two problems:
>>
>> 1) I have "mouse.resolution=90" in "/etc/wsconsctl.conf". Since the
>> upgrade it doesn't seem to work anymore. It's still there but seems to
>> be ignored. If I set it manually by command line it works.
>>
>> 2) All the "sftp://" URLs in KDE no longer work. When I try to open
>> such an URL, for example by Konqueror or by Kate, I always get the
>> error "Error encountered while talking to ssh".
>>
>> Are those know problems, or some kind of problem with my installation?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Did you sysmerge after you updated?
>
> http://openbsd.org/faq/upgrade49.html#final

I followed "Merging locally changed files via a patch file" and
encountered no errors:

http://openbsd.org/faq/upgrade49.html#patchfile

Thanks.