Trunks & Bridges

Badbanchi Hossein
Hi,
Can someone please shed some light on the interoperability of
the new trunk facility of 3.8 with the bridge functionality.

In other words can we group bridged interfaces in trunks to
achieve throughput enhancements?

Thanks and Regards,
H. Badbanchi

Re: Trunks & Bridges

Dag Richards
Badbanchi Hossein wrote:

> Hi,
> Can someone please shed some light on the interoperability of
> the new trunk facility of 3.8 with the bridge functionality.
>
> In other words can we group bridged interfaces in trunks to
> achieve throughput enhancements?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> H. Badbanchi

Trunking does not yet support link aggregation, or failover.

So, no not yet.

Re: Trunks & Bridges

Reyk Floeter
On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 08:13:16AM -0800, Dag Richards wrote:
> Trunking does not yet support link aggregation, or failover.
>
> So, no not yet.

???

you mean, it does not support LACP.

and in 3.8-current it even supports a simple failover mode.

reyk

Re: Trunks & Bridges

Badbanchi Hossein
>> Trunking does not yet support link aggregation, or failover.
>> So, no not yet.

Thanks for the clear answer. Specially for mentioning the failover case.

Regards,
H. Badbanchi