[Thunderbird] How to correctly set Mail-Followup-To header?

[Thunderbird] How to correctly set Mail-Followup-To header?

Alessandro De Laurenzis-4

Greetings,

Disclaimer: the topic isn't strictly OpenBSD related, but I'd love
hearing comments from this community.

I'm trying to get used (after a very long long time) to Thunderbird
(mutt user for last 10 years or so...) and I'm struggling with mailing
lists setting.

In partucular, in mutt I declare the subscribed ones and the
'Mail-Followup-To' header is automatically added:

[...]
> subscribe ^[hidden email]$ ^[hidden email]$ ^[hidden email]$ ^[hidden email]$
> set followup_to = yes                           # Prevent receiving duplicate copies of replies to messages sent to mailing lists
>                                                 # Get a reply separately for any messages sent to known but not subscribed lists
> set honor_followup_to = yes                     # Honor Mail-Followup-To header when group-replying to a message
[...]

For Thunderbird (68.9.0), I found this very well written wiki article
[1], but 'mail.identity.default.subscribed_mailing_lists' preference
seems not to be there anymore.

Of course, I could always set the header by hand, adding it to
'mail.compose.other.header', but I hope there is a smarter way...

Any hints?

All the best

[1]
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Help_Documentation:Mail-Followup-To_and_Mail-Reply-To

--
Alessandro De Laurenzis
[mailto:[hidden email]]
LinkedIn: http://it.linkedin.com/in/delaurenzis

Re: [Thunderbird] How to correctly set Mail-Followup-To header?

Alessandro De Laurenzis-4
I'm answering to my own question: that variable needs to be created... after that, the header is properly added.

Sorry for the noise

On June 25, 2020 5:55:49 PM GMT+02:00, Alessandro De Laurenzis <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Disclaimer: the topic isn't strictly OpenBSD related, but I'd love
>hearing comments from this community.
>
>I'm trying to get used (after a very long long time) to Thunderbird
>(mutt user for last 10 years or so...) and I'm struggling with mailing
>lists setting.
>
>In partucular, in mutt I declare the subscribed ones and the
>'Mail-Followup-To' header is automatically added:
>
>[...]
>> subscribe ^[hidden email]$ ^[hidden email]$ ^[hidden email]$
>^[hidden email]$
>> set followup_to = yes                           # Prevent receiving
>duplicate copies of replies to messages sent to mailing lists
>>                                                 # Get a reply
>separately for any messages sent to known but not subscribed lists
>> set honor_followup_to = yes                     # Honor
>Mail-Followup-To header when group-replying to a message
>[...]
>
>For Thunderbird (68.9.0), I found this very well written wiki article
>[1], but 'mail.identity.default.subscribed_mailing_lists' preference
>seems not to be there anymore.
>
>Of course, I could always set the header by hand, adding it to
>'mail.compose.other.header', but I hope there is a smarter way...
>
>Any hints?
>
>All the best
>
>[1]
>https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Help_Documentation:Mail-Followup-To_and_Mail-Reply-To
>
>--
>Alessandro De Laurenzis
>[mailto:[hidden email]]
>Web: http://www.atlantide.mooo.com
>LinkedIn: http://it.linkedin.com/in/delaurenzis

--
Inviato dal mio dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Perdonate la brevità.