The free version of the driver or OpenGL

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The free version of the driver or OpenGL

zantgo@gmail.com
Well, then what is Xorg (as in most of the districts) with the free version of
the drivers nVIDIA (nouveau)?, or OpenGL, OpenGL if it is not, how I can
install OpenGL? I need to install Gnome3

Zantgo

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The free version of the driver or OpenGL

Neal Hogan
On Saturday, October 15, 2011, Zantgo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well, then what is Xorg (as in most of the districts) with the free
version of
> the drivers nVIDIA (nouveau)?, or OpenGL, OpenGL if it is not, how I can
> install OpenGL?

Go somewhere else?

I need to install Gnome3
> Zantgo

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The free version of the driver or OpenGL

Matthieu Herrb
In reply to this post by zantgo@gmail.com
On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 09:01:59PM -0300, Zantgo wrote:
> Well, then what is Xorg (as in most of the districts) with the free version of
> the drivers nVIDIA (nouveau)?,

Nouveau is not available on OpenBSD for now. There is a number for
reasons for that. Check the mailing list archives.

> or OpenGL, OpenGL if it is not, how I can
> install OpenGL? I need to install Gnome3

You cannot get accelerated OpenGL on nvidia hardware under OpenBSD.
Get supported hardware (intel or r300-r600 radeon) or another
operating system.

I would prefer the 2nd option.
--
Matthieu Herrb

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The free version of the driver or OpenGL

carlos duarte-3
back when i still had time to tinker with openbsd, i bought a slightly
slower (pci), yet slightly higher capacity (more ram), ati graphics
card; that replaced the nvidia card that came with the g4 mac; just so
i could run blender3d on my system. it was hard to obtain in yucatan,
too. i had to get it through the mail and everything. it was definetly
worth it, though.

since then, i have always favored ati over nvidia. besides, ati is
owned by amd, a company which i personally tend to like (for various
off-topic reasons).

saludos!

-carlos

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Matthieu Herrb <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 09:01:59PM -0300, Zantgo wrote:
>> Well, then what is Xorg (as in most of the districts) with the free version
of

>> the drivers nVIDIA (nouveau)?,
>
> Nouveau is not available on OpenBSD for now. There is a number for
> reasons for that. Check the mailing list archives.
>
>> or OpenGL, OpenGL if it is not, how I can
>> install OpenGL? I need to install Gnome3
>
> You cannot get accelerated OpenGL on nvidia hardware under OpenBSD.
> Get supported hardware (intel or r300-r600 radeon) or another
> operating system.
>
> I would prefer the 2nd option.
> --
> Matthieu Herrb