Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Robert Nagy
Hello

p2k9 (the ports hackathon in Budapest) is on since Friday. People
are working on different things like GNOME, GCC4, BluRay support or
even ACPI.

I would like to thank everyone who donated money to the project because
the individual donors made it possible to organize this event.
So ... BIG THANKS GOES TO OUR USERS, to people supporting the project
even at these times.

I'd also like to thank NIIF and Sun Microsystems Hungary for lending
us a nice hackroom and hardware for the hackathon.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Marc Espie-2
On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 04:56:00PM +0200, Robert Nagy wrote:

> Hello
>
> p2k9 (the ports hackathon in Budapest) is on since Friday. People
> are working on different things like GNOME, GCC4, BluRay support or
> even ACPI.
>
> I would like to thank everyone who donated money to the project because
> the individual donors made it possible to organize this event.
> So ... BIG THANKS GOES TO OUR USERS, to people supporting the project
> even at these times.
>
> I'd also like to thank NIIF and Sun Microsystems Hungary for lending
> us a nice hackroom and hardware for the hackathon.

Yeah, likewise.

All of us currently trying to figuring out new cool things to add to
OpenBSD, here in Budapest, we thank you. ;-)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Tom Van Looy-2
>> p2k9 (the ports hackathon in Budapest) is on since Friday. People
>> are working on different things like GNOME, GCC4, BluRay support or
>> even ACPI.
>>
>> I would like to thank everyone who donated money to the project because
>> the individual donors made it possible to organize this event.
>> So ... BIG THANKS GOES TO OUR USERS, to people supporting the project
>> even at these times.
>>
>> I'd also like to thank NIIF and Sun Microsystems Hungary for lending
>> us a nice hackroom and hardware for the hackathon.

And don't forget yourself! Big thanks to you dev guys for being in
Budapest "figuring out new cool things to add to OpenBSD" for us users.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Marc Espie-2
In reply to this post by Marc Espie-2
Some update. Day job and stress taking their tolls. Finally getting into
a hacking mood.

I'm integrating old diffs into pkg_add, mostly to allow multiple updates
without cheating (no user visible parts, but lots of internal changes).

User-visible changes for today:
- pkg_add -u progressmeter: one single line for extract/delete/install
(landry is happy)
- pkg_add vim--no_x11 now means something. Yep, stems + flavors do work now.
- pkg_add -z `pkg_info -q` (kind of) to replicate (more or less accurately)
a machine's set of packages on another machine.

More cool stuff before the end of the week...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Edd Barrett
In reply to this post by Robert Nagy
On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 04:56:00PM +0200, Robert Nagy wrote:
> I'd also like to thank NIIF and Sun Microsystems Hungary for lending
> us a nice hackroom and hardware for the hackathon.

Thanks to Robert for hosting this event.  Also I would like to say a
word of thanks to the porting team for having me here at p2k9 and to
Naddy for creating my account. Thankyou all.

But if I hear any more 'g|nther and the sunshine girls', I may never make
it home. It melts the brain...

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://students.dec.bmth.ac.uk/ebarrett

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Thanks to Robert for hosting this event.  Also I would like to say a
> word of thanks to the porting team for having me here at p2k9 and to
> Naddy for creating my account. Thankyou all.
>
> But if I hear any more 'g|nther and the sunshine girls', I may never make
> it home. It melts the brain...

Ok, I think you lost your last chance of ever going back home...

--
Antoine

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Nicholas Marriott-2
In reply to this post by Edd Barrett
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 06:32:51PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 04:56:00PM +0200, Robert Nagy wrote:
> > I'd also like to thank NIIF and Sun Microsystems Hungary for lending
> > us a nice hackroom and hardware for the hackathon.
>
> Thanks to Robert for hosting this event.  Also I would like to say a

My thanks too.

> word of thanks to the porting team for having me here at p2k9 and to
> Naddy for creating my account. Thankyou all.
>
> But if I hear any more 'g|nther and the sunshine girls', I may never make
> it home. It melts the brain...

I have a bad feeling about this...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Steven Mestdagh-3
In reply to this post by Robert Nagy
Robert Nagy [2009-10-11, 16:56:00]:

> Hello
>
> p2k9 (the ports hackathon in Budapest) is on since Friday. People
> are working on different things like GNOME, GCC4, BluRay support or
> even ACPI.
>
> I would like to thank everyone who donated money to the project because
> the individual donors made it possible to organize this event.
> So ... BIG THANKS GOES TO OUR USERS, to people supporting the project
> even at these times.
>
> I'd also like to thank NIIF and Sun Microsystems Hungary for lending
> us a nice hackroom and hardware for the hackathon.

yes, I'd also like to say thanks, it has been a fun event once again.
and thanks to Robert for the organization!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Paul Irofti-3
In reply to this post by Robert Nagy
Its been a great hackathon and I'd like to thank both robert and theo
for creating this opportunity for all of us to meet and work together.
Also thanks to everybody that keeps donating and buying CDs which make
such things possible. Yet again thank you for a great time here in
Budapest. Cheers!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Landry Breuil-6
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 03:36:58AM +0300, Paul Irofti wrote:
> Its been a great hackathon and I'd like to thank both robert and theo
> for creating this opportunity for all of us to meet and work together.
> Also thanks to everybody that keeps donating and buying CDs which make
> such things possible. Yet again thank you for a great time here in
> Budapest. Cheers!

Add my word to this... p2k9 was as awesome and productive like the
previous hackathons ! Lots of cleanups, updates & QA was done, and quite
a good amount of new ports were added...

Thanks again to robert for hosting us!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Nick Rivera
In reply to this post by Robert Nagy
Sounds interesting.
Can we wait on resulting materials?

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Robert Nagy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> p2k9 (the ports hackathon in Budapest) is on since Friday. People
> are working on different things like GNOME, GCC4, BluRay support or
> even ACPI.
>
> I would like to thank everyone who donated money to the project because
> the individual donors made it possible to organize this event.
> So ... BIG THANKS GOES TO OUR USERS, to people supporting the project
> even at these times.
>
> I'd also like to thank NIIF and Sun Microsystems Hungary for lending
> us a nice hackroom and hardware for the hackathon.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

STeve Andre'
You can see whats been happening if you are subscribed to the cvs src
changes list.  Offhand at least 30 new ports were added, more than 250
were updated, lots were tweaked, and the pkg_add code was worked on.
Likely I missed a lot, too--I was mostly focused on the ports changes
so more stuff was done than I saw.  When you want to find out whats
happened (happening) at a hackathon, watching the commits is the
best way to see whats going on.

--STeve Andre'

On Friday 16 October 2009 17:37:18 Nick Rivera wrote:

> Sounds interesting.
> Can we wait on resulting materials?
>
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Robert Nagy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > p2k9 (the ports hackathon in Budapest) is on since Friday. People
> > are working on different things like GNOME, GCC4, BluRay support or
> > even ACPI.
> >
> > I would like to thank everyone who donated money to the project because
> > the individual donors made it possible to organize this event.
> > So ... BIG THANKS GOES TO OUR USERS, to people supporting the project
> > even at these times.
> >
> > I'd also like to thank NIIF and Sun Microsystems Hungary for lending
> > us a nice hackroom and hardware for the hackathon.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Paul de Weerd
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:37:11PM -0400, STeve Andre' wrote:
| You can see whats been happening if you are subscribed to the cvs src
| changes list.  Offhand at least 30 new ports were added, more than 250
| were updated, lots were tweaked, and the pkg_add code was worked on.
| Likely I missed a lot, too--I was mostly focused on the ports changes
| so more stuff was done than I saw.  When you want to find out whats
| happened (happening) at a hackathon, watching the commits is the
| best way to see whats going on.

Don't forget about the work done to libtool. The commits there show a
lot of work, mostly done by steven@. Very promising stuff...

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

--
>++++++++[<++++++++++>-]<+++++++.>+++[<------>-]<.>+++[<+
+++++++++++>-]<.>++[<------------>-]<+.--------------.[-]
                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/                 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Thank you for making p2k9 possible!

Marc Espie-2
In reply to this post by STeve Andre'
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:37:11PM -0400, STeve Andre' wrote:
> You can see whats been happening if you are subscribed to the cvs src
> changes list.  Offhand at least 30 new ports were added, more than 250
> were updated, lots were tweaked, and the pkg_add code was worked on.

Most of the tweaks done to pkg_add don't have any user-visible effects...
yet.

I hope to continue a wee little bit, and then you'll notice fireworks ;-)